Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Videos)Landon Donovan Goal Reactions + Spanish announcers

Sticksboi05

Here are some reactions from across the nation as Landon Donovan put the U.S.A. into the knockout stage and delivered the first U.S. World Cup group win since the first World Cup in 1930.

Easier than sifting through the World Cup thread.

---------------------

California:

GpxDASCeIkQ

rxWMTn_0VEc

Washington D.C (celebration of final whistle):

YXsegp9nG7o

Compilation:

fEjrzgr-zCc

Seattle:

4qfzlTTvPB0

gug1i-fCeLA

San Diego:

mkzo3H7ZSaM

New York City:

4qwza_Mha5Q

ol7KM5ghtmM

W-wyJXfEmXo

O7ir2JeWKOk

Las Vegas:

PED4dgsaf1U

Cincinatti:

745n_u-lRbo

Portland:

OgIr47nDAdQ

Atlanta:

EP-aaCYcEd4

Boston:

hiKfGdEvW6k

5 different perspectives:

2V83pv2tiLY

Why Landon Donovan is the best player on U.S.A:

2wBLWkQLt_4

New York Stock Exchange:

APTOPIXWall-Street-Wo_Gree_20100623091316_640_480.JPG

But hey, nobody in the US cares about soccer....:doh:

Seriously, man. The ironic thing about that is some of our more "conservative" board members are poo-pooing all over the United States and USA Soccer fans. I thought they were supposed to be the "Real Americans."

Seriously, man. The ironic thing about that is some of our more "conservative" board members are poo-pooing all over the United States and USA Soccer fans. I thought they were supposed to be the "Real Americans."

+ 1

Their thought process in regards to other peoples opinions or preferences

I like Soccer - " Soccer sucks, you are'nt a real American if you like soccer."

I don't listen to country music - " Your a loser, real Americans listen to country music.

I'm a democrat/ liberal - " People of your ilk is whats wrong with this country, too much free thinkin' goin' on

Illegal immigrants do a lot of the work that most people wouldn't dare to do - " I DON'T CARE, they're costin' us too much money, they're gonna take over our country if we don't stop this, if you were a real American you'd understand."

I just laugh at some of the banter and entertainment some of those idiots provide in some of the threads in here. Everything is so black and white with those guys, it's unreal. Anywho, back to the topic at hand.

But hey, nobody in the US cares about soccer....:doh:

MOST people in the US couldn't give a rat's ass about soccer. This is like the Olypmics -- national pride, patriotism, etc. Get over yourselves, soccer fans - we still don't like soccer, but we'll cheer on the US.

MOST people in the US couldn't give a rat's ass about soccer. This is like the Olypmics -- national pride, patriotism, etc. Get over yourselves, soccer fans - we still don't like soccer, but we'll cheer on the US.

I personally dont give a rat's ass about the MLS...World Cup soccer is what I care about because its Team USA and the quality of soccer is so much better....its when dip****s come in and **** on everyone's parade because they cant cheer for their own country that pisses me off.

I have never been into soccer, but I got to catch the last 20 mins of this game and the game before that. I tell you that even not being a soccer fan watching Donovan kick that game winning goal I jumped out of my seat on the couch and cheered cause it was awesome for the U.S. and to me like someone else said its like the olympics and have pride in your fellow Americans to win.

I have never been into soccer, but I got to catch the last 20 mins of this game and the game before that. I tell you that even not being a soccer fan watching Donovan kick that game winning goal I jumped out of my seat on the couch and cheered cause it was awesome for the U.S. and to me like someone else said its like the olympics and have pride in your fellow Americans to win.

Someone understands what it's all about. You don't have to like soccer, I don't find competitive swimming appealing, but I cheared like hell for Michael Phelps and co. in Beijing. I just wanna see our guys do good, they train very hard for events that come every four years.

That's why it's so special, they give every ounce of sweat blood and tears out there when they are competing. The least some people could do is realize how much this means to them, and support them in every way possible.

People need to stop confusing the World Cup with soccer. Two different animals my friends. There are far more World Cup fans than there are soccer fans.

Think of it like March Madness. You think half the people that fill out a bracket give a rats ass about college basketball? You're insane if you do. They can't name a single starting lineup in the NCAA and MAYBE MAAAYYYBEEE can name two players on their "favorite" team. They get into it because it's a tournament that's built to bombard you with content and excitement. Upsets, tension, and compact action (a lot of games in a short period of time) demand attention.

You can (and frankly should) enjoy the world cup fan without needing to score DC United tickets. It's once every 4 years and patriotic as hell. Cheer for your country and jeer the nations you dislike (like France).

Also I noticed in one video the England fans cheering for America. From what I been hearing England fans were actually happy for the USA. Brasil fans have apparently been cheering for the US too. They like how the US is continuing to prove the world wrong. See not everyone hates us.:D:ols:

I was surprised by England fans at bars cheering for the US when I was there. I guess its the overseas brothers thing.:ols:

Archived