3. Morris (H-back)

HB

1. Portis

2. Johnson

3. Westbrook

4. Torain

FB

1. Sellers

With Mcnabb's natural ability and Kyle's offensive play making, I have NO worries about our offense.

I agree with some of this, but I think that if Austin beats out Wade as WR5, then Wade is off of the team. Austin might make it as the 6th receiver if Wade beats him out for WR5 and Austin can return the ball. That roster spot will be valuable for defensive and OLine depth. Remember that WR5s don't even suit up in many games. Carrying a 6th is tough if he doesn't do anything else. Right now, you have 14 spots without accounting for O-Line, QB, ST and all of the Defense.

For HB, I guess we will wait and see. Westbrook isn't under contract yet, so I can't put him on my hypothetical roster.

I also think we are going to need a more traditional blocking TE for the TE3 spot.

I understand that we're trying to field a championship team this season, but unfortunately, we can't fix everything in one offseason.

The only way I could see pulling off a major upgrade right now is somehow trading Haynesworth for an above-average receiver. I'm not talking Andre Johnson because that's delusional, but I'm talking someone in the 60-catches range.

Otherwise, unfortunately, I think this is an area of concern that's going to have to wait until 2011.

What would you think about OchoCinco?

A Haynesworth-Ocho swap would make sense for both sides if you look at everything...

Check the. "What have done lately?' department. I hope you are right. But that is putting a whole lot of faith in guys that are unproven underfire.

And even if one or the other (and I have doubts about Tryon this year) does rise to the occasion - what about the other CB holes? You are pinning a lot of hopes and dreams on guys that simply have not performed. They may one day but expecting them all to develop at the same time in the same year is a real stretch.

Face it - this is a patchwork secondary. Take off the burgundy, gold rimmed sunglasses for a moment. The CB position is much weaker right now than WR position is.

I really don't agree. I respect your opinion, however i just think its really pesimistic. I think Hall will play well for us, and I think Carlos while not intercepting a ton of balls, will play well and cover well. Its a new defense where the DB's will be playing closer to the WR. As stated Barnes has done incredibly well thus far. Tryon has garnered praise as well this offseason in OTA's. Thats the most recent news and its promising. The guys are young, don't discredit them just because they are green, everyone is at some point. Didnt we pick up a FA DB as well? We still have Horton who gives 110% every play and is ALWAYS around the ball. We have Kareem Moore who has made leaps and bounds in his game. We have Landry (who I really don't like, but he can cover a lot of field and is at least a presence) who is servicable. Playing in the 3-4 also has more linebackers dropping in to coverage, Id be more worried about that then how the secondary as a unit performs.

From your post it seems you just really don't like Hall or Rogers, or at least that's what i incinuate from your post. I can understand that but i just don't subscribe to that line of thinking. I think Rogers knows he has a lot to prove, and I think Hall has a chip on his shoulders from the things that habitually have been said about him since ATL. Its a new season, and I think at this point you have to let the player disappoint before you can discredit them. I think Haslett has a good eye for the defense and if he thought we needed better personnel in the secondary he would have made a move like we did for RB, D-line, and to an extent, O-line. Im willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the secondary this early in the game. I really think WR is much much more of a pressing need.

I do see your point of view though, and I can see how you would look at our secondary as a weakness. Right now, we have no reason to not trust the coaches. Every move they have made this offseason has been a breath of fresh air when compared to how things have been done in years past. I think we can both agree on that. :cheers:

has anyone picked up D. Sharper yet?

I share your concern, bulldog. I just don't think any further possible moves will be made until we get into Training Camp and the Offensive minds can really see what's what. If injuries occur or guys look like crap, we could see another body, especially a KNOWN body, added.

Then again, Seattle made the Super Bowl without a stellar WR corps so I have hopes REAL Offensive minds and a better QB can get the most out of this bunch.

I also think we are going to need a more traditional blocking TE for the TE3 spot.

I agree with this, but the Shannys already said that Cooley and Davis will block....They will probably chip-block along with out Tackles or take on LBs...and don't forget Dennis Morris, Clinton Portis, and Mike Sellers are portotypical blockers as well...I'm not sure if LJ is a blocker...but I believe we have enough blockers to give us a good running and passing game this season.

I agree with this, but the Shannys already said that Cooley and Davis will block....They will probably chip-block along with out Tackles or take on LBs...and don't forget Dennis Morris, Clinton Portis, and Mike Sellers are portotypical blockers as well...I'm not sure if LJ is a blocker...but I believe we have enough blockers to give us a good running and passing game this season.

Yeah that chip block is one of the moves Witten is good at, and he converts a LOT of third downs on plays like that. I think Cooley likes that play as well, however Campbell would either hold the ball too long or be staring Moss down instead of checking down. Anyways, I think McNabb will have a productive season in this offense, and I think we have more weapons then a lot of people. We just looked inept due to bad bad play calling, and bad decision making and QB play, and also a sub-par patch work O-line. Im actually pretty excited for this up coming season.

Yeah that chip block is one of the moves Witten is good at, and he converts a LOT of third downs on plays like that. I think Cooley likes that play as well, however Campbell would either hold the ball too long or be staring Moss down instead of checking down. Anyways, I think McNabb will have a productive season in this offense, and I think we have more weapons then a lot of people. We just looked inept due to bad bad play calling, and bad decision making and QB play, and also a sub-par patch work O-line. Im actually pretty excited for this up coming season.

Exactly

I sure hope so.

For once I'd like to see us actually have a passing offense in place before looking at receivers.

If Devin or Malcolm cannot become solid starting WRs for us then I'd expect us to make a move mid-season.

I think our receivers will be fine with Donovan under center.

I agree. Like I've said, Donovan has done well in the past without big name WRs. I mean for years his main guys were Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell. So Moss, Thomas, Kelly, Galloway, etc. should be ok for now. I do think we'll go after a big name WR next offseason.

The moves they made at QB and along the offensive line should directly impact the success of the WRs in a positive way. As should a competent coaching staff and professional level offensive scheme.

Most WRs also take 3 years to develop. Look up the production of just about any WR in the NFL and you'll see a drastic jump in year 3-4.

There aren't a whole lot of options out there to be had at WR. T.O.? N.O.!

See what the young guys are made of, if they can't get it done this year, then you have more resources to fill this need next year.

There have been 4 things in my estimation (only a guess) as to why the 2nd rounders haven't played well yet, even though we've seen glimpses from them:

1) QB play. With #5 in there, he has more experience in the WCO and knows where to go with the ball then #17 did.

2) The line. I think our line has improved enough to possibly cut the sacks down considerably and cut the pressure down. Better blocking combine with better QB play will help #11 and #12.

5) Improved running game. Quinton Ganther and Rock Cartwright were the starters. CP, LJ and either Parker/Westbrook will immediately take pressure off the passing game.

4) Play calling/routes. Let's face it. The Zorn WCO was vanilla. The WR's have already come out and said they love the new offense, the new routes, how they are put in better position to make a catch. Combine that with a better QB, better line and better running game, I beleive each of them can catch over 50 balls this year.

There have been 4 things in my estimation (only a guess) as to why the 2nd rounders haven't played well yet, even though we've seen glimpses from them:

1) QB play. With #5 in there, he has more experience in the WCO and knows where to go with the ball then #17 did.

2) The line. I think our line has improved enough to possibly cut the sacks down considerably and cut the pressure down. Better blocking combine with better QB play will help #11 and #12.

5) Improved running game. Quinton Ganther and Rock Cartwright were the starters. CP, LJ and either Parker/Westbrook will immediately take pressure off the passing game.

4) Play calling/routes. Let's face it. The Zorn WCO was vanilla. The WR's have already come out and said they love the new offense, the new routes, how they are put in better position to make a catch. Combine that with a better QB, better line and better running game, I beleive each of them can catch over 50 balls this year.

Good post. With that said, Id still be happy if they kicked the tires on T.O.

We have to give our young guys enough of an opportunity to show what they can do now that the Shanahans are in town and Donovan's throwing them the ball. That's worlds apart from Zorn and Campbell. And then there's the massive improvement along the O-line. From a receiver's perspective, this is a completely different team. They might as well have been traded. We really don't have any idea what we have in them.

(And by "them," I don't just mean Thomas and Kelly. Austin's been getting a lot of talk, and I really do like what I saw last year in Roydell Williams. If anyone can make him productive, it's Keenan McCardell. I'm not ruling him out yet.)

I think our receivers will be fine with Donovan under center.

Ya know, I'd feel a lot better about this if there was ANY word out of Ashburn that 11 and 12 were looking good with McNabb behind center.

But we are not.

People can say, wait and see what they can do with a real QB/OL/running game...well, we have the materials in place to provide all of those, and by all accounts the QB is looking better, the OL is improved, and CP and LJ are hitting the holes like 25 year olds.

So why are we not hearing about DT and MK? The silence is deafening (and worrisome).

EDIT: So I hope that they will be ready to go by the end of TC. Otherwise, it's getcha popcorn ready time.

I understand that we're trying to field a championship team this season, but unfortunately, we can't fix everything in one offseason.

It seem that Shanny disagrees with you. He has turned our OL from one of the worst in the league to quite possibly a top 10 OL. He upgraded the QB position from a career middle of the pack QB to a future HOF player with a good 3 years left. If/when we sign Westbrook we will have dramatically upgraded the RB position in one offseason to have 3 pro-bowl players, all who have concerns, but who together could be a scary 3-headed monster. All of this was done in one offseason and is something that none of us even thought could happen in 2-3 years.

WR is now our glaring weakness and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see Shanahan make one more major move. We have Fat Al, a 1st, and a 2nd rd pick as ammunition. Not that I want to use more picks but if the right opportunity presents itself (VJ) then yea, I think we should pull the trigger. With McNabb heading out of his prime I think Shanahan is going to do everything he can to make us contenders asap. As much as I would like to draft and develop a big time WR the truth of the matter is that they usually take 2-3 years to develop and by that time our window will be closing. Im all aboard the trade Haynesworth for a pick and then send that and our 2nd round pick for Vincent Jackson. Choo ****ing choo.

Quite possibly. Its not even a stretch. If Trent pans out we could have the best set of tackles in the league by week 8. Pay attention troll.

Calm down with the name calling, its an immature move, and I know you are above that. You are basing your title of "top 10 O-line" on speculation. A bunch of "if's" and "maybe's" and you expect people to digest that and just agree with you? Brown is coming off season ending injury, Williams hasn't even played a down in this league yet, Artis Hicks is 32, not exactly a young buck, Dockery who is a huge lineman but hasn't been in a zone blocking scheme before, infact most of these linemen havent been in this scheme before, yet you think they are a group of world beaters before they even put pads on!?!? laughable.

Oh, and look at both of our post counts. Look at how long I have been an active member of this community. I am anything but a troll. Dont get so touchy when someone doesn't agree with something you post. It's ok, and you don't have to reveal your maturity or lack there of by name calling over the internet.:ols:

Top 10 O-line...:ols::doh:

Calm down with the name calling, its an immature move, and I know you are above that. You are basing your title of "top 10 O-line" on speculation. A bunch of "if's" and "maybe's" and you expect people to digest that and just agree with you? Brown is coming off season ending injury, Williams hasn't even played a down in this league yet, Artis Hicks is 32, not exactly a young buck, Dockery who is a huge lineman but hasn't been in a zone blocking scheme before, infact most of these linemen havent been in this scheme before, yet you think they are a group of world beaters before they even put pads on!?!? laughable.

Oh, and look at both of our post counts. Look at how long I have been an active member of this community. I am anything but a troll. Dont get so touchy when someone doesn't agree with something you post. It's ok, and you don't have to reveal your maturity or lack there of by name calling over the internet.:ols:

Top 10 O-line...:ols::doh:

LOL. Didnt mean to cause you so much heart-ache or emotional distress. My b. If you can't see any humor in "Pay attention troll" then I don't know what to say. I forgot how some people live and die by the smiley faces. My b. :silly: I guess those are fightin words where your from. :box: Relax. And your also confusing trolling with lurking. If your going to be such an "active member of this community" then maybe you should self-educate yourself on some interent lingo. :google: But seriously, I guess I should have put a smiley after troll. I try not to be a very combative poster. Must have been my immaturity flaring up.

Back to the topic at hand tho. Hicks and BMW are only going to make each other better every day. I expect a very good product out of who ever wins that competition. You know what your getting with Dock. Yea hes never played in a zbs but he is pretty damn athletic for a guy his size. Rabach was basically born to play in a zone. His intelligence and athleticism will translate perfectly. Jamaal is a perennial pro-bowler so the only way to call my suggestion, which was a suggestion (re:quite possibly), ludicrous is on the fact that Trent could be a bust. I personally don't see that happening with the coaching staff we have and potential he possesses. But hey, I have been wrong before. Part of the reason I didn't say "Shanahan has now made this OL into certified, bonified, totally the best world-beaters, yeaaaaaa."

Archived