Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC local Redskins fans, I need help with a Redskins shirt

i came across this shirt, and i wanted to know if there was any story behind it.. and if it was actually printed in 1997.... have any of you ever seen one of these? owned one of these? I looks brand spankin new to me... I guess its possible that if it was never worn it could be in that good condition. Its a russel atheltics t shirt. my guess is that if it is indeed real it's obviously fan made.

36e4.png

i came across this shirt, and i wanted to know if there was any story behind it.. and if it was actually printed in 1997.... have any of you ever seen one of these? owned one of these? I looks brand spankin new to me... I guess its possible that if it was never worn it could be in that good condition. Its a russel atheltics t shirt. my guess is that if it is indeed real it's obviously fan made.

I've never seen it, but I can guarantee that it's not an official licensed shirt by the Washington Redskins. They would never take ownership of a cartoon character pissing on the Dallas star.

Probably made by a fan or a bootleg t-shirt dealer at the time, you know the ones you see selling shirts outside cheap before games.

If it's obviously a fan-made parking lot shirt, which it is, why do you care if it was actually printed in 1997? You're buying it today, so it's probably better if it was printed yesterday and not 13 years ago. Less wear, better condition of the shirt, etc.

If it's obviously a fan-made parking lot shirt, which it is, why do you care if it was actually printed in 1997? You're buying it today, so it's probably better if it was printed yesterday and not 13 years ago. Less wear, better condition of the shirt, etc.

Right....I mean, I realize that. I was just curious... that's why I care. It says jack kent cooke stadium inaugural season, so what the hell's the point in owning it if it was printed yesterday? I get these kinds of things for the historic value... not the quality.

Right....I mean, I realize that. I was just curious... that's why I care. It says jack kent cooke stadium inaugural season, so what the hell's the point in owning it if it was printed yesterday? I get these kinds of things for the historic value... not the quality.

Even if it was sold in 1997 it really doesn't have any historic value. :2cents:

I think he means objectively it doesn't have historic value because it's an unofficial parking lot t-shirt. Whereas a team-issued commemorative t-shirt printed in 1997 would have historic value, especially vs. a reissue printed in 2010. So I guess you have me pegged right - to me a parking lot shirt, and I've bought several, has personal historic value but not objective historic value.

I guess it just depends on what you want out of it. To me, it's a shirt to wear on sundays that will make strangers say "Hell yeah, man, eff Dallass!!" Not a collector's item or one to frame and put on the wall or whatever

Archived