Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you bring back Bailey if the Bronco's don't extend contract

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

btw- sshhhhh......dont tell anyone, but when he was healthy, springs was better while he was here than bailey was both here and in denver. an unpopular, but true fact.

:ols:

This quote should go in the "dumbest thing you have heard a fan say" thread.

You must be smoking crack or something if you really think this is true.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BailCh00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SpriSh00.htm

Its really not even close no matter how you try to twist it. Springs couldnt hold Baileys jock strap at any point in either ones career. And for you to call your statement a fact makes you sound even more ridiculous.

:doh:

Springs was my choice also.

Its really not even close no matter how you try to twist it. Springs couldnt hold Baileys jock strap at any point in either ones career. And for you to call your statement a fact makes you sound even more ridiculous.

I doubt he comes back anyway didn't he have problems becuase of the area?

I was too lazy to read the rest of the thread but wanted to reply so sorry if someone else has posted this. Yes, from what I've heard one of the reasons he wanted out of town was that he had fathered too many illegitimate children around the dmv and wanted to escape. :2cents:

well now.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/joyner-newman-statistically-2nd-best-cover-corner-my-man-1115688/

heres a couple of relevant nuggets-

– Raise your hand if you considered Shawn Springs one of the top five corners in the game. I considered him for my top-of-my-head top ten, but he’s been the best YPA guy in the league the past four years.

– – Notice the big names not on this list: Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister, Nate Clements, Asante Samuel? Inconsistency put them down the list. Bailey had one of the best years Joyner has ever recorded in ‘06, but it’s his only exceptional year the last four. He ranked in the bottom half in ‘04 and ‘05.

i'm sure the players profootballreference pages are relevant to the discussion. apparently, kc joyner and i are both smoking crack.

i'm sorry- i forgot... omg, omg, lol, facepalm, facepalm, etc......

Did any one tape BAILEY'S speak?

Burnt his bridge and not sure he earned his money like Haynesworth.

QUOTE=grego;7603049]well now.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/joyner-newman-statistically-2nd-best-cover-corner-my-man-1115688/

– Raise your hand if you considered Shawn Springs one of the top five corners in the game. I considered him for my top-of-my-head top ten, but he’s been the best YPA guy in the league the past four years.

– – Notice the big names not on this list: Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister, Nate Clements, Asante Samuel? Inconsistency put them down the list. Bailey had one of the best years Joyner has ever recorded in ‘06, but it’s his only exceptional year the last four. He ranked in the bottom half in ‘04 and ‘05.

i'm sure the players profootballreference pages are relevant to the discussion. apparently, kc joyner and i are both smoking crack.

well now.

– – Notice the big names not on this list: Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister, Nate Clements, Asante Samuel? Inconsistency put them down the list. Bailey had one of the best years Joyner has ever recorded in ‘06, but it’s his only exc reptional year the last four. He ranked in the bottom half in ‘04 and ‘05.

Im not going to waste my time arguing over such a ridiculous comment. Anyone who has watched football over the past ten years and claims that Shawn Springs is a better corner back than Champ Bailey should not be taken seriously in any football conversation.

The poll should be yes or hell no.

Voted hell no to the traitor.

Sure, everyone who leaves the Redskins is a traitor. :doh:

As ****ty as this organization has been for the past 10 years, and as much as we've all bashed the FO and Snyder, to constantly hold venom and vitriol for someone who wanted to get out of that mess is beyond me. I would've left in a heartbeat. Put yourselves in the players shoes for once ( I know it's hard for some of you, since they make so much money and therefore should put up with and shovel every piece of **** that gets thrown their way.

Im not going to waste my time arguing over such a ridiculous comment. Anyone who has watched football over the past ten years and claims that Shawn Springs is a better corner back than Champ Bailey should not be taken seriously in any football conversation.

you could have talked about how you think YPA is not a good measuring tool for judging CB's, defend baileys inconsistency, why you posted each players PFR page, or even post anything about how you came to your conclusions about bailey and springs, for starters.

or you could just post things like how ridiculous other peoples posts are. however, if YPA is your preferred measuring tool for DB's, then my post about springs and bailey was, in fact, a fact.

i prefer to back up my posts with something a little more concrete. just my .02

btw, not sure if you did it on purpose, but i didnt say springs was better over the last 10 years. excellent straw man though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74qajrx4b4&feature=related

heres the play. he slowed up and was starting to celebrate. check out the last few seconds of the video. and he did have blockers. he should have stayed with them instead of outrunning them.

i dont really care for bailey. this isnt quite to the level of leon lett. lots of players - especially those who are as fast of bailey- may slow up an d start to celebrate a tad early. but he could have and should have scored.

btw- sshhhhh......dont tell anyone, but when he was healthy, springs was better while he was here than bailey was both here and in denver. an unpopular, but true fact.

where is the celebration? Looks like he was gassed from running 110 yards and breaking a tackle? Is he pointing at the scoreboard? Is he high stepping? There is no celebration.

But the point here is that play was incredible, it then led to a TD and was the play of the game against one of the best Qbs ever in the playoffs.

keep using it as a negative play for bailey. smh.

The funny thing is, Bailey would fit in with the way our secondary has played the last couple of seasons. Basically, they seem to get burned and beat deep all the time, yet the short-mid range coverage seems to be on point.

So basically, our defense consistently gets the opponent into 3rd & Long situations....only to give it up on long bombs on 3rd down.

The funny thing is, Bailey would fit in with the way our secondary has played the last couple of seasons. Basically, they seem to get burned and beat deep all the time, yet the short-mid range coverage seems to be on point.

So basically, our defense consistently gets the opponent into 3rd & Long situations....only to give it up on long bombs on 3rd down.

These options are similar to Puerto Rico do you want to become a "state" forms.

I would say no. A Redskins fan accidentally took pictures of him and one of his girlfriends in Vegas and there were other dalliances that were sort of kept under the radar.

Yeah burning your bridges with fans and the team is not always the wisest move.

We don't need to put the "band back together."

mess...this organization has been for the past 10 years... vitriol for someone who wanted to get out of that mess is beyond me.

Wat'cha talkin'bout Willis? The Gibs II era started in 2004, the same year Champ requested a trade. The only mess Champ wanted out of was a bout of infidelity and an unwanted pregnancy. The story goes that he knocked up a WaPo photographer, his wife found out and threatened to go public if he didn't leave DC.

Would I bring Champ back? My feelings of betrayal aside (having thought Champ would be a life long Redskin like his tutor The Great One Darrel Green), bring him to camp and let him compete. If he out competes the talent we have, give him a roster spot.

But I'm thinking the wifey wouldn't allow him back to Dc.

Sure, everyone who leaves the Redskins is a traitor. :doh:

As ****ty as this organization has been for the past 10 years, and as much as we've all bashed the FO and Snyder, to constantly hold venom and vitriol for someone who wanted to get out of that mess is beyond me. I would've left in a heartbeat. Put yourselves in the players shoes for once ( I know it's hard for some of you, since they make so much money and therefore should put up with and shovel every piece of **** that gets thrown their way.

You're either with us or you're against us. There is no in between :silly:

He wanted out, he got out. He can talk all he wants about our horrible organization but I still see zero rings on his fist. Now we have Shanny and Roland's on his way down.

:attention:

i soured on him long ago. he wanted out so he is out. don't want him back.

rather have an up and comer that wants to be here fill that roster spot.

Can some one please buy those two gentlemen some nice cold beers!!...:beerglass:beerglass:

Archived