Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxnews: 'Broke' Tiki Barber Can't Afford Divorce settlemet

authentic

click for the rest

Troubled former New York Giants superstar Tiki Barber claims he is broke and unable to pay the divorce settlement

demanded by the mother of his four children after he was axed from NBC's "Today" show, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

Barber -- who ditched his wife of 11 years, Ginny, for 23-year-old blond former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson -- claims his career is in tatters and that he has taken a huge financial hit since his estimated $300,000 NBC contract ended.

Barber has not been on the air in many months -- but sources said his contract was only formally terminated in May.

Athletes must have a different version of "Broke" than I do.. Is he going without lunch until Friday? :P

Its hard to believe that Tiki isnt employed as some sort of Giants Spokesman or something.. He should be able to make $300,000/week doing a pre-game. Hell, he could sign some jerseys at Chik-fil-a for $100,000.

wtf?

Karma is a B**** you d bag!

Agreed. I hope he suffers painfully for this.

I will say though- he has an identical twin who just happens to also play pro ball. I wonder if Ronde will have his brother's back, or if he sided with his sister-in-law, nieces and nephews, like a real man would.

];7600327']Agreed. I hope he suffers painfully for this.

I will say though- he has an identical twin who just happens to also play pro ball. I wonder if Ronde will have his brother's back' date=' or if he sided with his sister-in-law, nieces and nephews, like a real man would.[/quote']

Who knows, its possible that it could run in the family but then again one of my brothers is a d bag too but my older brother and I turned out ok :evilg: (says me) I just cant imagine any man leaving his pregnant wife for some other woman and if you do you deserve every bad thing in the world that happens to you... There is excuses for stupidity, but there is no excuse for not having dignity.

Are you joking? You think he should have stayed married to his wife solely because he can't afford the divorce?

LOL, there are lot of men in this country that stay in the marriage because they know their wife would take all of their $$$.. Either way if he was that unhappy he should have waited until she gave birth!

Are you joking? You think he should have stayed married to his wife solely because he can't afford the divorce?

No I am not joking. While no one knows what actually led to the breakup of their marriage, I am sure his infidelity had something to do with it. What I meant by "tending to his marriage" was maybe he should have stayed home, try to work out any problems or maybe gotten counseling, like many couples do.

There have been many examples of athletes who stray outside the bonds of marriage and I have ZERO sympathy for them. They want to live the the lifestyle, they need to pay and I don't want to hear how broke they are.

If his marriage was that bad, he could have gotten an amicable divorce and settled it and moved on with his life. From what I read, he did not and moved on with his life before there was a chance for one. So too bad for Tiki, hope you have to scrape through life like the rest of us.

Archived