Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports: NFL rookie revelations from minicamp - Trent Williams

spicarde

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-football-rookies-minicamp-sleepers-2010

8. Williams wall

When we talked to Redskins tight end Chris Cooley on Sirius NFL Radio, he had great things to say about the ‘natural fit’ tackle Trent Williams appears to be in Washington. In the ensuing days, coaches and teammates gushed as well. Trent Williams is Ryan Clady, who became an instant star for the Broncos at left tackle under Shanahan

If we were in mid august I'd be a little bit more excited than I am right now I guess. But these guys haven't even put pads on yet. I'm just saying.

Shouldn't it be easier for him with pads on? Considering they're much easier to hold onto than shoulders?

If we were in mid august I'd be a little bit more excited than I am right now I guess. But these guys haven't even put pads on yet. I'm just saying.

Not to be a downer, but I'm with flexx here.

Also, Cooley doesn't have a bad thing to say about anyone not on the Cowboys, especially his own players.

Also, Cooley doesn't have a bad thing to say about anyone not on the Cowboys, especially his own players.

Yeah, Cooley isn't exactly an unbiased source when praising teammates.

Plus, all this "gushing" makes me nervous. I'm a fan of the standard "the rooks looks like rooks" line. Not only to throw off opponents, but also to keep his head from swelling. Let's just hope the reports have been honest.

I'd be more interested in hearing about how hard he's really working in the weight room this summer.

In my dreams, 'Rak has made TW his workout partner, and is on a personal mission to turn him into a gym rat.

If Demarcus Ware has zero sacks on Sunday Night in Week 1, I'll be a believer. Until then, we'll see. I'm not a skeptic, just.......... "we'll see".

Granted, it'll be mostly Silverback, but how much help do you think the Skins will give him in week 1?

i think that the Skins will give Silverback plenty of help on the line in week 1 . It is the first live action he will see and there is no point destroying the kids confidence (as the Eagles did with Winston Justice who they are now relying on as a starter)

Thats what makes the Jamaal Brown trade so good that if Brown does start at RT then with his expereince he should be able to hold his own which will give Williams more help on the other end . ... it is no bad thing

Archived