Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Supporting Actor

Larry

The "kids movie" thread got me thinking again about something that often occurs to me. The people who make a movie, but aren't the star.

And when I think of that, I think of Tom Arnold in True Lies. Yeah, he was Arnold's sidekick. But IMO, he made that movie what it was.

Any others?

Any of the supporting cast in Iron Man 2.

-Favreau was funny

-Rourke's a great villain

-Rockwell's a great douche

-Paltrow was fine

-Cheadle was good

-Scarlett never looked hotter :hump::drool::cloud9:

Any of the supporting cast in Iron Man 2.

-Favreau was funny

-Rourke's a great villain

-Rockwell's a great douche

-Paltrow was fine

-Cheadle was good

-Scarlett never looked hotter :hump::drool::cloud9:

Please tell me you're joking.

Iron Man 2 is a great action flick, but the acting was not even close to the stratosphere of "Best Supporting Actor"

Ledger was the star.

In fact, I suspect that Batman Begins is probably the only Batman movie where the villain wasn't the star.

I know that, meaning he was the supporting actor who made the movie entertaining. He still was the supporting actor, I didn't think you were talking about the award for best supporting actor. Christian Bale was cast as the lead role, but he was NOT the star of the movie. Do you see what I mean?

Jack Black in Tropic Thunder

Not bad but Downey Jr. was actually nominated by the Academy for his role in that film. That's amazing. He lost to fellow supporting actor Heath Ledger, who's already mentioned in this thread for stealing the show in The Dark Knight.

Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, very cunning and dastardly

As good as both Van Cleef and Wallack were in the last film of Leone's trilogy, and VC in the second one; I'd have to disagree that the scene was stolen form Clint in any of the Dollars Trilogy.

Two that come instantly to mind are a young Steve McQueen totally taking away from the main man Yul Brynner in "The Magnificent Seven" (watch how he steals most every scene, even when he's saying nothing by his movement from Brynner); and Alan Rickman's dastardly Sheriff of Nottingham from Costner in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves."

Not sure if I'd say he "stole the film" from a funny as all Hell Brad Pitt, but I thought the Austrian guy who portrayed the German "Jew Hunter" in "Inglorious ****s" gave one of the best supporting roles I've seen in a long time.

Hail.

Archived