Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GVX: Clayton Bank sues former Vol Albert Haynesworth (merged x 3)

HailNatsSkinz

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20100622/Redskins.Haynesworth-Sued/

/snip

Disgruntled Washington Redskins star Albert Haynesworth is potentially facing financial trouble off the field, according to a report.

Clayton Bank and Trust in Tennessee is suing the defensive tackle for almost $2.4 million, according to USA Today's website. The report said the bank is suing because Haynesworth hasn't been making payments on a loan received last June. The suit was filed last week.

Maybe we Redskins fans should jump on the bandwagon and file a class action lawsuit against Mr. Cream Filling for all the reasons listed in this and every other "Haynesworth's a Dick" thread. Should be good for a couple of million. Might as well get our share before the rest of the vultures pick him clean.

Oh, I am literally overwhelmed with schadenfreude.

What we don't see all the time are the things that are the big deals to me: the taking of the bonus money, the reckless driving, the smashing of Gourode's head, etc.

But if something happens all the time, it's not a big deal, even if isn't right. That's my point. This isn't a big deal. It's wrong, but not a big deal.

i think its just cuz he's been paid roughly 32 million from the skins in the last 16 months but for some reason, felt it necessary to take out a $2 million loan. at the very least, you know thats a headscratcher. kind of like the NBA player who was bankrupt a couple of weeks ago after getting paid tens of millions.

the fact that hes a scumbag outside of this incident (and currently public enemy #1 around here) only makes it more outrageous.

yes, people default on loans, but under als circumstances, its much more hilarious and unbelievable.

Haynesworth may well be a jerk for many other reasons, but not because of this. Unless you want to call Brunell and others jerks as well.

It's like folks think this is worse than other defaulted loans because it's Haynesworth. It's not. It's just like all the other defaulted loans.

What's next? Listing out his parking tickets? Unpaid taxes?

I know we've often had our butting of the heads on this board, but you're right on here. I had somewhere to be earlier when I saw this thread or I would have posted how this is a commercial loan and thus while he should obviously be accountable, him not making payments may or may not have even been in his hands directly (if he has set up some corporation or simply handed it over to a manager.)

This is hardly reaching the level of 'scumbag' to default on a loan. It's just that he has the deep pockets for the bank to actually recover the money. I didn't read the full article to know what the loan was for...

Maybe we Redskins fans should jump on the bandwagon and file a class action lawsuit against Mr. Cream Filling for all the reasons listed in this and every other "Haynesworth's a Dick" thread. Should be good for a couple of million. Might as well get our share before the rest of the vultures pick him clean.

This is a great idea Jkypoo. I don't know what could come of this, but it would send a clear message to Aintsworth. If nothing else it would be MORE bad publicity for him and that would be well worth it :D.

The way I look at it....the Karma Police will catch up to him eventually...

look at the money...Redskins paid him $ 32 million but 40% goes to taxes and another 5-10% to his agent...so AH is left with about $ 17.6 million

now the bank will definitely get their $2.4 million....and the stripper might walk off with half to one million maybe...

then you have to look at what he spent so far on his Ferrari and speed boats down in Miami...plus paying for at least 3 houses in Tennessee...Miami and Virginia....

now if the Redskins come looking for just some of the bonus back...say half..or $ 10 million...the money is gone and AH has to go looking for a job and he has to hope that some team has been brain dead for the past couple of years and is clueless about what's been going on...

I can see AH in the same predicament as Antoine Walker...broke in a few years and facing numerous lawsuits and too lazy or proud to get a real job with no team willing to touch him...

sometimes just being a good teammate and loyal player can pay off once you retire...just look at Darrel Green and his many business ventures in the area all because of his reputation.

And yet he continues to still get sympathy from certain sections of the board.

Hail.

I used to be some what a part of that. Didn't really sympathize with the guy, but I cut him some slack...

I have jumped ship and swam over to the **** HIM bandwagon since he didn't show up for something with the word MANDATORY in it...

look at the money...Redskins paid him $ 32 million but 40% goes to taxes and another 5-10% to his agent...so AH is left with about $ 17.6 million

now the bank will definitely get their $2.4 million....and the stripper might walk off with half to one million maybe...

then you have to look at what he spent so far on his Ferrari and speed boats down in Miami...plus paying for at least 3 houses in Tennessee...Miami and Virginia....

You know, I feel awful about this. If we take money back, how can this man pay for his Ferrari, speed boats, yacht, homes, strippers and everything else going on?

It's just not fair, I tell you. Just not fair.

As an aside, I haven't seen any of the Haynesworth sympathizers in that thread yet... Interesting ;)

@ McD5 As a human money has nothing to do with it but like i said im a Skins fan and he is as sad as any celeb that's addicted to whatever

Speaking of Addicted, it's about time for him to roll along and break out the knight armor to defend Haynesworth again.

Is it me or shouldn't these reporters have been able to determine just what sort of commercial venture he undertook with this loan?

I know it's a bit off topic, but not stating that (or at least not stating that it is something that can't be determined) seems like bad reporting.

I just don't see what the big deal is about a defaulted loan by a pro athlete. It happens ALL the time.

You're right. It happens all the time. I used to do C/C collections. You'd see people you KNOW have the money to pay (including a former NFL team president), but they had delinquent loans. Most of the time, these people didn't even pay their own bills. Their agents or management companies took care of (or didn't) these types of things.

I'm not an AH defender by any stretch, but it helps you see things more clearly if you have knowledge of such things.

Thanks Clayton Bank, you are now my 2nd favorite bank.

I guess being sued by creditors will make a guy think twice about being asked to play part time in a 3-4 and force him to show up to work.

Lets get on with the season now, hopefully 92 shows up in shape and ready to create some havoc.

HTTR

Archived