Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GVX: Clayton Bank sues former Vol Albert Haynesworth (merged x 3)

HailNatsSkinz

Mark Brunell is also being sued on a defaulted bank loan. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

Ok sooooo...

-Stomps on a man's face with cleats

-Attacks teammate and comes back to field to threaten him with a metal pipe after being dismissed

-Cripples a man with reckless driving

-Steals $22 million from the Redskins

-Sleeps with a stripper -- possibly impregnating her

-Refuses to pay money he owes

What does it take for you stop defending this total and complete waste of chemicals?

Let us be fair...

He has only stolen $21 million from the Redskins

So far...this year

Ah, true. My mistake and I deeply, deeply apologize to Mr. Haynesworth...

Mr. Haynesworth, please accept my sincere regret for misjudging you... you... you ****ing *****!!!!

Ok sooooo...

-Stomps on a man's face with cleats

-Attacks teammate and comes back to field to threaten him with a metal pipe after being dismissed

-Cripples a man with reckless driving

-Steals $22 million from the Redskins

-Sleeps with a stripper -- possibly impregnating her

-Refuses to pay money he owes

vs.

Scott Brunell:

-saved Joe Gibbs' life.

/fatass vs. brunell discussion

Updated Jun 22, 2010 1:07 PM ET

Disgruntled Washington Redskins star Albert Haynesworth is potentially facing financial trouble off the field, according to a report.

Clayton Bank and Trust in Tennessee is suing the defensive tackle for almost $2.4 million, according to USA Today's website. The report said the bank is suing because Haynesworth hasn't been making payments on a loan received last June. The suit was filed last week.

The Redskins are going to see if they can recoup all or part of a $21 million bonus from the two-time All Pro defensive tackle. The team decided to take the action after Haynesworth, who signed a $100 million contract before last season, failed to report for a mandatory two-day minicamp earlier this month. He is unhappy because the Redskins are switch to a 3-4 defense where he has to play nose tackle.

Washington coach Mike Shanahan recently said that he told Haynesworth in February that the Redskins would agree to release him and let him go to another team — in exchange for not paying him the $21 million bonus due April 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Washington-Redskins-Albert-Haynesworth-bank-lawsuit-062210

I just don't see what the big deal is about a defaulted loan by a pro athlete. It happens ALL the time.

Haynesworth may well be a jerk for many other reasons, but not because of this. Unless you want to call Brunell and others jerks as well.

It's like folks think this is worse than other defaulted loans because it's Haynesworth. It's not. It's just like all the other defaulted loans.

I get that people want to pile on, and there are plenty of legitimate reasons to pile on him, but it just seems silly to add this on.

What's next? Listing out his parking tickets? Unpaid taxes?

I'm way over giving this guy the benefit of the doubt at this point, so this isn't surprising to me in the least. There is the possibility that this bank saw an opportunity with all this negativity surrounding him to come after him, but it's likely that he's done wrong here.

The thing that really annoys me is all this crap is just going to lower his trade value.

I just don't see what the big deal is about a defaulted loan by a pro athlete. It happens ALL the time.

Haynesworth may well be a jerk for many other reasons, but not because of this. Unless you want to call Brunell and others jerks as well.

It's like folks think this is worse than other defaulted loans because it's Haynesworth. It's not. It's just like all the other defaulted loans.

I get that people want to pile on, and there are plenty of legitimate reasons to pile on him, but it just seems silly to add this on.

It's because the ******* just stole $21 million from us. It's not like he doesn't have the money to pay off his loan. He just chooses not to because he is a tremendous piece of **** who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Brunell would pay off his loan but he can't because he is in debt. Read up on it. He admits to owing money and is staying in the NFL to get some cash so he can repay his debts. What's Hayneswroth's excuse? He just didn't want to and the world owes him because he happened to be blessed with freak genetics?

I can't understand why you think this is no big deal.

Lot's of things happen all the time, doesn't make them right. This is just another in a pattern of events that show that Albert Haynesworth doesn't give a **** about anything but himself.

It's because the ******* just stole $21 million from us. It's not like he doesn't have the money to pay off his loan. He just chooses not to because he is a tremendous piece of **** who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Brunell would pay off his loan but he can't because he is in debt. Read up on it. He admits to owing money and is staying in the NFL to get some cash so he can repay his debts. What's Hayneswroth's excuse? He just didn't want to and the world owes him because he happened to be blessed with freak genetics?

I can't understand why you think this is no big deal.

I guess because I see this all the time.

Lots of organizations and people have debts that they can re-pay, but they just choose not to because they want better terms or they want more time or it's not their fault because yada yada yada.

What we don't see all the time are the things that are the big deals to me: the taking of the bonus money, the reckless driving, the smashing of Gourode's head, etc.

Lot's of things happen all the time, doesn't make them right. This is just another in a pattern of events that show that Albert Haynesworth doesn't give a **** about anything but himself.

But if something happens all the time, it's not a big deal, even if isn't right. That's my point. This isn't a big deal. It's wrong, but not a big deal.

Archived