Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES 53 MAN ROSTER VOTE: Center (Choose One)

KDawg

Depth Chart: Kicker  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Depth Chart: Kicker

The team is complete, thanks everyone who voted. Now it's time to get our depth chart together. You will get a certain amount of votes dependent on how many players play on the field...

Meaning you'll have one vote for QB, one for RB, 2 for WR (Pro set), 1 for TE, etc, etc, etc.

Whoever has the most votes becomes the starter, the next amount is 2nd string, the next is 3rd, etc.

If we have a tie for any of the spots we'll do a sudden victory vote.

Voting will only be open one day for each of these.

We're going to start with the smaller position groupings.

So, here's your centers:

1964-1977 Len Hauss:

-5 time Pro Bowler

-Spent entire career as a Washington Redskin

1980-1993 Jeff Bostic:

-1 time Pro Bowler

-Spent entire career as a Washington Redskin

I went with Len. It's a toss up here, and Hauss had more Pro Bowls (worst reason to vote for someone... Ever...)

I hate to say it, but with O-Linemen, that's as good a reason as any to vote for someone. There really isn't a clear stat that singles out inividual Offensive linemen. Like I posted earlier, I voted for Bostic because he's the one I'm most familiar with. :silly:

I saw both players. Hauss played on the Redskins first Super Bowl team and opened holes for Larry Brown who lead the NFL in rushing in 1972.

The fact he was not surrounded by Russ Grimm and Joe Jacoby I am not going to hold against him.

Bostic was a solid, durable starter for Washington.

He was not a dominating or elite player in his generation however.

Notice that while there was a clamor to get Russ or Jake into Canton Bostic was not mentioned in the same breath with these players.

Prior to Allen's arrival the Redskins were known as a passing team and Hauss earned pro bowl berths pass blocking for Jurgensen and his set of receivers that put up some great numbers.

He crossed eras and offensive systems and remained the key player on the OL.

I saw both players. Hauss played on the Redskins first Super Bowl team and opened holes for Larry Brown who lead the NFL in rushing in 1972.

The fact he was not surrounded by Russ Grimm and Joe Jacoby I am not going to hold against him.

Bostic was a solid, durable starter for Washington.

He was not a dominating or elite player in his generation however.

Notice that while there was a clamor to get Russ or Jake into Canton Bostic was not mentioned in the same breath with these players.

Prior to Allen's arrival the Redskins were known as a passing team and Hauss earned pro bowl berths pass blocking for Jurgensen and his set of receivers that put up some great numbers.

He crossed eras and offensive systems and remained the key player on the OL.

I agree here. Bostic was surrounded by some of the best offensive linemen in the history of our team. That's taking nothing away from him, but Len was solid and didn't play along side those guys. It's really apples to oranges, too, considering things were different between the two guys tenures.

I had to go with Hauss. He was a great player on some very bad Skin's teams. Bostic was great too, but he was also one lineman on great lines. So it's harder to tell if it was just his play, or the line as a whole that made him great. It makes it tougher call.

The fact that Cory Raymer wasn't even part of the discussion makes the thread laughable.

:ols:

I apologize deeply for forgetting the greast center in Redskin history. I'll apologize ahead of time for leaving Casey Rabach off the list as well. Hopefully the people who voted for these two guys will also apologize for how naive they've been.

****s.

Hopefully the people who voted for these two guys will also apologize for how naive they've been.

****s.

"We take exception to being called "naive ****s" in our appreciation for the sterling undervalued work we, errrmmm, these two great men gave, and continue to give, to this organization. Those aforementioned two votes speak volumes for what the public think"- This joint statement was issued by C. Rabach and C. Raymer Esq. on behalf of the CRAS, the CR Appreciation Society.

Hail.

Archived