Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Ray Lewis Weighs in on Haynesworth "Football is Football Man"

HailNatsSkinz

Do tell. What word was given and how have the Redskins broken that word.

Please enlighten us.

Link?

You're kidding right? They were mum for the longest time about a 3-4 switch.

Couple articles from Jan:

http://www.examiner.com/x-450-Washington-Redskins-Examiner~y2010m1d14-Shanahan-hires-two-more-assistants-Haynesworth-doesnt-like-in-34-defense?cid=exrss-Washington-Redskins-Examiner

couple weeks later, still no official word

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Fan_Mailbag__Will_the_Defense_Switch_To_a_3_4__102053.jsp

How about, a couple MONTHS later.

From March

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/3-4-defense/mike-shanahan-elaborates-on-wh.html

You my friend have not been following closely. Or you're just making (stuff) up :)

:doh:

Him taking 21 million to play for us, would have indicated that....he would play for us. We gave him an opportunity to do as HE wanted and leave before we paid him to play for us.

:ols:

I didn't say it was totally his fault. Yeah he played well for us, but for what we were paying him, he should have played great for us. Our fault though for paying him that much. We left the door to the vault open....

And neither of you have really explained how - with facts, not stuff you all made up.

1- go read EA's thread, then check the time stamps.

2- Go read my thread, all the details are there, im not going to search and repost.

3- no we diddnt "give him a chnace to leave" we told him , no we wont pay you the money we promised you and in return you can leave. then we were shocked when he took the money lmao.

4- he played very well, and we paid him very well, there was nothing resembling thievery.

have been listening to sirius radio this afternoon and they are at the broadcasters bootcamp for NFL players and have been interviewing scores of players with the AH issue the primary question... it's been a unanimous verdict that AH is in the wrong and he should just shut up and play, no matter what the scheme or what technique the skins told him he'd be playing... almost all of them went through scheme changes and can't understand how he could take the money and not show up if the reason is due to the scheme...

but I know the 2-3 AH supporters on this site know better than the players...

there does also seem to be a consensus however that his attendance at training camp is the true test, but if he does request a trade because of what he was told about the scheme, then he's on his own as far as players supporting him...

My ability to read minds is switched off right now so I have no idea what you're talking about, what thread you're referring to, and what I'm supposed to be looking for.

2- Go read my thread, all the details are there, im not going to search and repost.

Your thread doesn't provide any factual details.

3- no we diddnt "give him a chnace to leave" we told him , no we wont pay you the money we promised you and in return you can leave. then we were shocked when he took the money lmao.

And this isn't even close to being true...

Sorry, try again.

4- he played very well, and we paid him very well, there was nothing resembling thievery.

Or go listen to what Shanny said himself. He clearly says they told him give up the 21 million and get your release. Or take what was his to begin with and they could make him play safety if they wanted to. If that's not a threat them please show me how the Redskins could have cut him in March and not paid him that money or show us that the Redskins had any choice other then to pay him that money. They had no grounds to stand on because of the contract they wrote and had him sign and regretted it later and tried to back out on it. The Skins tried to back out of the deal, provided Hanyesworth gave up the money. Need a link? Find the interview Shanny gave the day after he didn't show up. Case closed in my eyes. Hanyesworth was wrong, the team was wrong. Both sides guilty

Sorry, try again.

I really hate listening to people say

"No this isn't even close to true" and the rest of what you posted when I know your full of it. Truth isn't in the eye of the beholder and it's not just found in between your ears. Truth is truth

http://www.triplexespnradio.com/includes/news_items/19/news_items_more.php?id=1291&section_id=19

On if they were planning on releasing Albert Haynesworth or trading him prior to the draft:

“When I said that we owed him a check of 21 million dollars, April 1st, in the middle of February, we let his agent know and Albert know that he could go to any team. We wanted nothing in return except we wouldn’t pay you that check on April 1st, but if you do accept the check we expect you to be a Washington Redskin and play at nose tackle, defensive end, linebacker, free safety. You are going to do the best job you possibly can to help us win. Obviously, he did not do that.”

Now that we all know what's true and what's just true to you hopefully you can listen to what is being said here by us. If you still can't see that this was the Skins doing, not Hanyesworth that originally broke the deal then you just are incapable of being honest. There are some out there like that and I hope your not one of them

Or go listen to what Shanny said himself. He clearly says they told him give up the 21 million and get your release. Or take what was his to begin with and they could make him play safety if they wanted to. If that's not a threat them please show me how the Redskins could have cut him in March and not paid him that money or show us that the Redskins had any choice other then to pay him that money. They had no grounds to stand on because of the contract they wrote and had him sign and regretted it later and tried to back out on it. The Skins tried to back out of the deal, provided Hanyesworth gave up the money. Need a link? Find the interview Shanny gave the day after he didn't show up. Case closed in my eyes. Hanyesworth was wrong, the team was wrong. Both sides guilty

Pat Kirwin just addressed this on Sirius Radio, he has access to players contracts and specifically said the 21 million bonus just paid out had a date on it and the skins did NOT have to pay albert that money if they released him before that day, even though it's considered "guaranteed"... they asked albert if he was on board and would be a part of the team, he agreed he was, took the bonus and then didn't show up for the mandatory mini-camp and asked for a trade...

kirwin asked derrick brooks and orlando pace (who both said they in no way could support AH) who is at fault and they said bruce allen was!!! he should have known albert would do this based on his past and just cut his losses before the bonus...

Pat Kirwin just addressed this on Sirius Radio, he has access to players contracts and specifically said the 21 million bonus just paid out had a date on it and the skins did NOT have to pay albert that money if they released him before that day, even though it's considered "guaranteed"

I this true? Reason I ask is the date was always known, April 1st. But I always believed that the money was guarenteed. Meaning they could have cut him whenever but still had to pay the money to him they owed him. To further my own belief:

"Shanahan said he spoke with Haynesworth in February and gave Haynesworth permission at that time to find another place of employment. The team was willing to release Haynesworth if he would forgo the $21 million bonus he was due. But Shanahan said Haynesworth was only given until April 1 to locate another potential team."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/shanahan-redskins-were-willing.html

I would love absolutely love to know that Hanyesworth wasn't ever owed that money and lied to get it. Then I'd be on bored with him being the guilty party here. But until I here that then I'll continue to see this as the team changing the terms on Albert first making it there fault. He is at fault for not showing up last week, essentially this is half there fault and half his.

I this true? Reason I ask is the date was always known, April 1st. But I always believed that the money was guarenteed. Meaning they could have cut him whenever but still had to pay the money to him they owed him. To further my own belief:

"Shanahan said he spoke with Haynesworth in February and gave Haynesworth permission at that time to find another place of employment. The team was willing to release Haynesworth if he would forgo the $21 million bonus he was due. But Shanahan said Haynesworth was only given until April 1 to locate another potential team."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/shanahan-redskins-were-willing.html

I would love absolutely love to know that Hanyesworth wasn't ever owed that money and lied to get it. Then I'd be on bored with him being the guilty party here. But until I here that then I'll continue to see this as the team changing the terms on Albert first making it there fault. He is at fault for not showing up last week, essentially this is half there fault and half his.

well, I can only tell you what kirwan said, he has the contracts in front of him, ross tucker was pretty surprised to hear the skins didn't have to pay him that 21 million and Kirwan was adamant that it had a date on it and was surprised allen didn't cut his losses with AH and just release him then...

but according to Kirwan and tim ryan (his co-host), AH said he was gonna show up and all was good and then pulled this stunt...

there are usually others here that listen to this show and hopefully can weigh-in here and back me up..

He did kill someone. It's kind of hard to overlook that.

But aside from his role in a murder' date=' he seems to be a man of great character.[/quote']Gee, thanks smart ass. Is the thread about Ray Lewis killing someone? How about just staying with the subject.

As I said before, since you're so anti front office your perspective is skewed. Please read what Shanny himself said.

Fat Al wanted out. We didn't want him out. HE wanted out. We had plans for him. We were/are paying a lot of money for him to play for us. We expect that since he's getting a lot from us, we'd get a lot in return.

So Al wanted out. There are two ways he could get out. We could trade him, or we can release him. Since HE wanted out they gave him permission to seek a trade. Period.

Now the other way which he could get out is we outright released him. Albert is under contract with us. Meaning we're paying him to play. Do you get it? If we're paying you XXX we expect XXX. By releasing him we would have been paying him to not play. Does that make any sense whatsoever to you? Again, name one company that would pay you to not work. Him picking up a pay check then saying he's not going to work is dishonorable, decietful, and outright theft. That money is owed to him as part of his contract...which is to play for us. Him taking that money indicates he's willing to fulfil his end of the contract. The Skins did their part and paid him, not it's his turn to be a $100M football player for us. This isn't hard....

well, I can only tell you what kirwan said, he has the contracts in front of him, ross tucker was pretty surprised to hear the skins didn't have to pay him that 21 million and Kirwan was adamant that it had a date on it and was surprised allen didn't cut his losses with AH and just release him then...

but according to Kirwan and tim ryan (his co-host), AH said he was gonna show up and all was good and then pulled this stunt...

there are usually others here that listen to this show and hopefully can weigh-in here and back me up..

I am not saying this was not said, that you are making it up, or anything like that. Quite the opposite. I am saying I hope to hell that it's true. I read a report the other day from ProfootballTalk that said they had the contract and read it but never said anything like that. I would think that would be plastered everywhere if it were true. If it's true I swear you'll never hear me defend this again but until then I'm going to continue to think that the Redskins were wrong as well as Albert. If they gave him that bonus money simply believing his word then it means we weren't wronged, we were stolen from. That's huge in my eyes.

My ability to read minds is switched off right now so I have no idea what you're talking about, what thread you're referring to, and what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Your thread doesn't provide any factual details.

Sorry, try again.

the thread regarding the swap to the 3-4, its the best argument thread on here and it started the second Shanny commented on the switching.

actually my thread is the closest one to the truth posted so far.

and yes yes it is, please read addicts reply , I read on average about 3 hours worth of stuff per day, and I am very rarely wrong.

Wait so the dummy who said "It's the truth I swear" and gets shown the actual truth and proven he's wrong still wants to make up crap like this?

As I said before, since you're so anti front office your perspective is skewed. Please read what Shanny himself said.

Fat Al wanted out. We didn't want him out. HE wanted out. We had plans for him. We were/are paying a lot of money for him to play for us. We expect that since he's getting a lot from us, we'd get a lot in return.

So Al wanted out. There are two ways he could get out. We could trade him, or we can release him. Since HE wanted out they gave him permission to seek a trade. Period.

Now the other way which he could get out is we outright released him. Albert is under contract with us. Meaning we're paying him to play. Do you get it? If we're paying you XXX we expect XXX. By releasing him we would have been paying him to not play. Does that make any sense whatsoever to you? Again, name one company that would pay you to not work. Him picking up a pay check then saying he's not going to work is dishonorable, decietful, and outright theft. That money is owed to him as part of his contract...which is to play for us. Him taking that money indicates he's willing to fulfil his end of the contract. The Skins did their part and paid him, not it's his turn to be a $100M football player for us. This isn't hard....

I'm done with speaking to fools like you. The truth means nothing

except that what he wanted was for Albert to conform to what HE wanted, not what was best for Albert or necessarily the redskins.

I am not saying this was not said, that you are making it up, or anything like that. Quite the opposite. I am saying I hope to hell that it's true. I read a report the other day from ProfootballTalk that said they had the contract and read it but never said anything like that. I would think that would be plastered everywhere if it were true. If it's true I swear you'll never hear me defend this again but until then I'm going to continue to think that the Redskins were wrong as well as Albert. If they gave him that bonus money simply believing his word then it means we weren't wronged, we were stolen from. That's huge in my eyes.

I emailed them (kirwan and ryan)... they are pretty good about responding to email... if they send me anything, I'll post it here...

except that what he wanted was for Albert to conform to what HE wanted, not what was best for Albert or necessarily the redskins.

But you can't cater to one player's wants. Fletcher said it best when he said that if it wouldn't benefit Albert directly then he wasn't behind it.

Wait so the dummy who said "It's the truth I swear" and gets shown the actual truth and proven he's wrong still wants to make up crap like this?

I'm assuming I'm said "dummy" here. And I'm assuming you're the one who supposedly showed the actual truth proving me wrong?

I'm assuming you have quotes to this actual truth you supposedly wrote?

:whoknows:

I'm done with speaking to fools like you. The truth means nothing

As I was writing I was constantly looking at Shanahan's quotes to make sure I wrote nothing amiss. Please tell me which part I got wrong.

"fool" "dummy"

Funny how people resort to name calling when they have no argument :ols:

Ryan:

Funny how coaches think they can coach. The nerve of them.

the thread regarding the swap to the 3-4, its the best argument thread on here and it started the second Shanny commented on the switching.

actually my thread is the closest one to the truth posted so far.

and yes yes it is, please read addicts reply , I read on average about 3 hours worth of stuff per day, and I am very rarely wrong.

And you're humble too, what a guy....

And you're humble too, what a guy....

its called confidence born of demonstrated ability. and when I am wrong (which as stated is rare) I admit it. nothing anyone has posted here thus far has chnaged my opinion, in fact its reinforced it.

its been posted that Shannahan demanded Albert aqueisce to playing NT in order to collect a bonus that was already due him, and a link was posted, what more do you need?

A good coach knows schemes, a GREAT coach can fit players and scheme

It's described as a team option. In most instances where that phrase is used, the money is not guaranteed to the player. However, I believe the money does count against the cap. But there is no cap this year.

I also believe they moved another bonus forward to this year for cap purposes.

Haynesworth yearly salary for the next three years is very small, which makes him very tradeable. Of course, the Redskins would have to eat that $21 million if they did trade him or get the other team to pay a part of it.

its called confidence born of demonstrated ability. and when I am wrong (which as stated is rare) I admit it. nothing anyone has posted here thus far has chnaged my opinion, in fact its reinforced it.

its been posted that Shannahan demanded Albert aqueisce to playing NT in order to collect a bonus that was already due him, and a link was posted, what more do you need?

A good coach knows schemes, a GREAT coach can fit players and scheme

Confidence is apparent by how one carries themselves. The need to inform everyone else that one is rarely wrong reeks of arrogance or insecurity.

I'm assuming I'm said "dummy" here. And I'm assuming you're the one who supposedly showed the actual truth proving me wrong?

What the hell? You see it right here with your own two eyes yet you refuse to admit it's there? That's exactly why I said I didn't want to talk to you. I posted a link with the quotes from the Head Coaches own words transcribed for you and you still can't see it. Forget it bud, you are not worth the stress. Either believe whatever you make up in your own twisted mind and call it the truth or believe like sane people the words our head coach says as the truth. It's up to you. I'm not going to post links and quotes over and over again for you. I've done it several times, don't see it that's your problem not mine.

Archived