Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Don't You Like Soccer? (Edited Title)

KingGibbs

Obviously this is a heated debate in the tailgate AND stadium forums. So, if you are not a fan of the game list your reason(S) why.

For me personally? I'm tired of the soccer enthusiasts trying to convince us that we don't like the game because we "Just don't understand" the game. I don't like it because it's a ****ing snooze fest. There are so many reasons that I could list, but many others will address them.

BTW. If soccer is "gainng in popularity" in this country than the US vs England should've rated higher then the 5TH most watched soccer game in US history. No? Cue the excuses.

I enjoy it,,, about once every four years. So this is fun for me.

But if it was every Sunday like NFL football.. nah,, the exciting thing is it never stops, but the boring thing is that most of the time they aren't doing much that is exciting.

~Bang

I'd like to know why you hate it so much.

No one is forcing you to watch.

I hate NASCAR. I think its the stupidest popular "sport" on the face of the planet, but I don't care if you like it. When it pops up on ESPN occasionally I change the channel.

So why don't you answer the question you posed? Why do you hate soccer?

I hate NASCAR. I think its the stupidest popular "sport" on the face of the planet, but I don't care if you like it. When it pops up on ESPN occasionally I change the channel.

Agree 100%.

I'm pretty much where Bang is. I pay attention every 4 years because I am a junky for major sporting events, whatever they may be. Like it or not, there is no denying that the FIFA tournament is a big deal on the world stage.

If you don't like it, then I dunno maybe just don't watch it... does it have to turn into a fist fight?

"Despise" is a strong word for something that simply bores you.

You do have the option to change the channel. We're hitting the scintillating lead-up-to-the-week-before-the all-star game in major league baseball right now.

I thought we already had a World Cup *****-fest thread?

I'm with you KG. 90 minutes and 0-0 score, are you f'ing kidding me? It's like watching paint dry. Even the Sportscenter highlights are boring.

I respect anyone that plays the game because it seems that it takes great endurance and their ball control skills are impressive but I just can't watch it.

Don't like NASCAR either. Maybe if they combined the two somehow it would add more to the both of them.

BTW. If you don't like the fact that I don't like soccer? No one is forcing you to post in this thread.:laugh:

Communist kickball is boring, i never watch it but this world cup is getting jammed down your throat every time you turn on the tv.

:doh:

Its the most important sporting event in the world.

There are plenty of people in the United States who love watching it.

There really isn't anything else going on in sports right now unless mid-season baseball really gets you pumped.

Again, if you don't like it...don't watch it.

Communist kickball is boring, i never watch it but this world cup is getting jammed down your throat every time you turn on the tv.

On ABC and ESPN. (oh, and Univision)

You have like 400 other channel choices.

Did the wife lose the remote?

~Bang

I'm with you KG. 90 minutes and 0-0 score, are you f'ing kidding me? It's like watching paint dry. Even the Sportscenter highlights are boring.

I respect anyone that plays the game because it seems that it takes great endurance and their ball control skills are impressive but I just can't watch it.

No doubt about the skills aspect and playing the game being fun, but please people soccer is what it is in this country and has reached it's ceiling.

See, the reason people say you don't understand the game is because you think it's a snooze fest. It's like any other sport, some games are boring as ****. If you think every match is boring, though, you probably don't understand the game or you aren't giving it a chance. Even if you're one of the rarer cases that have given the sport a chance and fully understand it and still don't like it, there are going to be exciting games. It's like me with basketball; I've seen tons of games, I completely understand it, but I don't really like it, yet I can still at least recognize when it's a good game. Most soccer-haters don't operate like that, and that's why you hear the whole "you don't understand the game" argument so much; most of the time, it's true.

Don't like NASCAR either. Maybe if they combined the two somehow it would add more to the both of them.

BTW. If you don't like the fact that I don't like soccer? No one is forcing you to post in this thread.:laugh:

:ols:

No, more curious.

I would actually have to say that those who have more of an understanding of the X's and O's of soccer like it more...but its a little strong to say that you don't like it because you don't "understand".

I think he did answer the question. Something about it being a snooze fest.

No doubt about the skills aspect and playing the game being fun, but please people soccer is what it is in this country and has reached it's ceiling.

Any chance you have such clairvoyant insight into anything else, like the next set of Florida Powerball numbers or something?

:ols:

No, more curious.

I would actually have to say that those who have more of an understanding of the X's and O's of soccer like it more...but its a little strong to say that you don't like it because you don't "understand".

It's more a situation where people don't give it a chance (i.e. go into it with a negative mindset), therefore they never get a point where they have anything beyond a basic, barely-working understanding of the game, and they never really end up enjoying it. Not having a strong pro league here doesn't help either, because Americans only end up having a vested interest every 4 years (or more, if we weren't to qualify).

Right, but then why does it matter?

I think NASCAR is a snoozefest. I think regular season MLB and NBA games can be awful.

They're 'forced down my throat' on ESPN all the time. But I just flip the channel.

Maybe you should post a thread and call it "Why Do You Despise NASCAR?" and see what people have to say.

Archived