Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN - Report: Cowboys had interest in former Pro Bowl OT Jammal Brown

HapHaszard

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/062110dnspojammalbrown.c2a904bf.html

The Washington Redskins added former Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jammal Brown to their team on Saturday. Brown missed the entire 2009 season for the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints and skipped voluntary workouts this offseason because he was unhappy with Saints management.

But before heading to Washington, the Redskins' NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys also showed interest in Brown, according to a Tweet by the New Orleans Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan.

ProFootballTalk.com said the news could mean a couple things:

-- The Cowboys weren't happy with Doug Free's perfomance this spring.

-- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is concerned with Marc Colombo's future and this could have given Jones a chance to release Colombo.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

But..but...but... Gil Brandt said the Cowboys simply looked awesome in every conceivable way and were going to win the SB by 185 points.

Oh, they still do, but if they had gotten Brown they wouldn't have given up a single sack, Romo sits to pee would've thrown for 67 touchdowns, Barber would've run for another 35, and they would've won the SB by 247 points.

But..but...but... Gil Brandt said the Cowboys simply looked awesome in every conceivable way and were going to win the SB by 185 points.

186 actually.

If Dallas had gotten Brown it would have literally stopped ESPN.com and would have been hailed as the deal of the century for Dallas. I had wanted us to land J.Brown for a while now....shocked that we actually did something that I wanted. I hope it pans out.

I'm going to be cautious about this move and all our moves this offseason...

We have been the " Offseason Champs " too many times and fell on our face during the reg season too many times for me to talk smack after getting a Pro Bowl QB on his last legs and a OT that missed a year of playing and is often injured.

If he returns to form and stays healthy, excellent but right now I will keep my fingers crossed and wait too see something from this Shanny squad.

Too much disappointment lately :mad: especially last year getting swept by everyone.

Archived