Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final Fantasy for the Wii

Forehead

Gamers,

Looking to get a new Final Fantasy game as I've always been a big fan of the series. The Wii is the only advanced gaming system I have, so please don't recommend one for a different system.

I see the Wii has at least two FF games, possibly more, and I wanted to know which one was the better play. I'm a fan of (American numbering system) II and III for the SNES, VII for the PC, and enjoyed the original for the NES even though the gameplay was awkward.

I saw friends play newer ones like Final Fantasy Tactics when I was in college, and it didn't look as appealing. Are any of the FF for the Wii more traditional RPG type games?

While you can't play the main series (right now exclusive to PS3 and Xbox), there is a side series that I think has a Wii game. It's called Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles. I've never played the games myself, so I can't tell you anything about them.

It might also be worth checking if any of the older games are available on the Wii Virtual Console.

While you can't play the main series (right now exclusive to PS3 and Xbox), there is a side series that I think has a Wii game. It's called Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles. I've never played the games myself, so I can't tell you anything about them.

It might also be worth checking if any of the older games are available on the Wii Virtual Console.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, these Crystal Chronicles games. I was wondering if they were any good or if they suck.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, these Crystal Chronicles games. I was wondering if they were any good or if they suck.

The reviews I've seen have been mixed, since I think it is more action oriented. Since I only recently got my Wii, I haven't gotten around to picking it up.

That and that I'm still playing through FFX on my PS2...

Archived