Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question Re: Contract Extensions

Jeffro

Given the uncertain landscape of the CBA etc I somewhat understand the short term commitments to some of our players, but at the same time is anyone else concerned we haven't locked up McNabb? I'm also hoping we can lockup Brown after the latest pickup. I know there is some question marks at both positions, but to me, it's important to get some of the key players under contract so we have some level of stability going into next year with the flood of free agents.

Given the uncertain landscape of the CBA etc I somewhat understand the short term commitments to some of our players, but at the same time is anyone else concerned we haven't locked up McNabb? I'm also hoping we can lockup Brown after the latest pickup. I know there is some question marks at both positions, but to me, it's important to get some of the key players under contract so we have some level of stability going into next year with the flood of free agents.

They had to wait on McNabb based on when his deal was done last year, and I think that deadline was mid-June. We might see something soon.

I'd like to think with Brown, Shanny and Allen want to see how he plays in the system before they offer him a 'Brandon Lloyd' contract.

I would expect there will be several new contracts later in the offseason or during the season. Its a new coaching group, a new and improved General manager and a lot of guys are going to have to earn their contracts with this new group. As for McNabb, a CBA rule that you couldn't make a new contract until the old contract is at least a year old held up his extension. I would expect it to come very soon. Your probably talking a bit of money and a lot of different incentives so its not going to be a standard contract off the shelf.

Archived