Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT - Redskins may have a very hard time getting AH bonus money

Waldo da Magnificent

It took him 10+ years to swallow his ego and realize he is an assclown only suited for cutting checks, too long in my book, I wont be turning off the Dan Snyder hate machine until I have 10 years of professional GM run football. 2020

Man, I can't argue with that, I have been as harsh a critic of TheDan playing with the team like they were his personal action figure toys as anyone, but what more could he do now? Today? Could he revert later? Oh hell yeah, it is very possible but right now I cannot think of a single thing that we need that he hasn't done (and no, giving away free beer is not on that list).

I am not saying he has earned a permanent pass or somehow made his way up to the level of JKC, far from it, but until further notice, until further proof of venality is evident, I am willing to cut him a leetle slack, that's all.

Why do we care about the money? It's not the fans money, this is between AH and Mr. Dan. No one told him to pay 100M for this dirt bag. He got his money and is a part of the Redskins so lets give him a job on the club. I say we make him the waterboy for the 2010 season. If the NFL will not let us do that then make him ride the bench. I'm sure we will trade him prior to the start of the season but I sure like these fall back programs.

he has little trade value because the world sees what kind of person he is right now. Many teams that may have interested before I'm sure are backing off now. Not to mention AH probably thinks if he gets traded somewhere he'll get another fat contract.

I think the team should keep his rights - not trade him an fine him the max amount for missing the mini -camp and then when he doesnt come to Training Camp fine him the MAX amount there - and then if he comes in put him on the PUP list and keep him from ever playing again

+1

Make life as miserable as possible for this POS.

I would like to point out again: It's not my money.

Just speaking for myself, my disgust with Fat Al isn't the money but rather two other things.

First he lied all offseason. The story all offseason was that he had to do his own workout in order to get into the best shape he can. So this was the excuse for missing the voluntary workouts but that he'd be here for the mandatory stuff. Well he didn't show on Wednesday and that makes him a big fat stripper impregnating liar.

The second is Shanahan stating (and I believe him 100%) that Fat Al was told that he was free to find another team and all they wanted was that he did not take the 21 mil bonus on April 1st. If he did, he committed himself to the Redskins. Fat Al and his agent took the money and still did not show. That my friends is a thief and a liar.

So my venom for the Fat Ass isn't because he got the 20 mil but rather because he has been exposed as being a liar and a thief.

The league has got to address players like AH before it gets out of hand because otherwise you may start seeing more cases like this where players take the money and just go thru the motions of actually earning it...

I was never happy about the Redskins signing this guy because I knew something bad was going to come out of it...and it did but sooner than I expected...

the guy has serious psychological issues....fought coaches down in Tennessee to let him play the way he wanted....has a passion for fast cars and boats....was driving a Ferrari 100mph with ice on the road when he caused the accident that permanently crippled a young guy....is now down in Miami driving his speed catamaran not satisfied with the 153 mph speed wanting to make the propellers bigger so he can go even faster...both activites are things that should have been forbidden in his contract to prevent another Kellen Winslow case...gets strippers pregnant and then dumps them when they get pregnant...has anger problems that led to him stomping on a players face with his cleats...and he obviously plays the game of football just for the money...or what I should have said...he plays great for one year to con a team into paying him a foolish bonus so he can fleece them and do what he wants... I'm sure there are many more that we haven't heard about...

needless to say...his momma didn't raise him right...because he is an out of control man/boy who really is selfish...

forget the NFLPA...I say the Redskins should sue him in civil court because this is criminal what he is doing and no different than other types of white collar crime like embezzlement...

if that can't get the money...they should punish him by making him sit for the next 3 years before the next big bonus check is due to set an example.

As much as I want to see Albert give the money back, it's really the team's (i.e Snyder and Vinny) fault for giving him so much guaranteed money. I don't think they have much legal recourse to force Big Al to give it back.

What I hope they do is refuse to trade him unless he decides to give some money back, otherwise keep him. If he refuses to show up, just keep fining him, that adds up eventually, and something tells me Mr. Powerboat hasn't been the smartest when it comes to managing his expenses. If he does show up, put him in and make him earn that 21 million he's trying to walk away with.

So my venom for the Fat Ass isn't because he got the 20 mil but rather because he has been exposed as being a liar and a thief.

Yup....... If AH wants to play for a different team then he needs to buy his way outta here.. If not he can sit at home still his contract is up...

Agreed -get the money if you can but that is not a deal-breaker. The money will not alter the performance of the team on the field. That is Snyder's loss to bear as a result of his rash decision-making and lack of due diligence in realizing Haynesworth was not to be trusted from the get-go to be a team player.

Based on the terms of the contract itself, the Redskins have the right to recover not only the $21 million in signing bonus money paid on April 1 but also $4,285,716 of the $5 million paid to him in 2009. But the contract ignores specific language in the 2006 CBA.....

Here's the relevant language, from Article XIV, Section 9(a) of the CBA: "No forfeitures of signing bonuses shall be permitted, except that players and Clubs may agree: (i) to proportionate forfeitures of a signing bonus if a player willfully takes action that has the effect of substantially undermining his ability to fully participate and contribute in either preseason training camp or the regular season.

First legal issue is whether the CBA trumps the specific contract. Second legal question is whether failing to report to voluntary and mandatory offseason meetings has the effect of substantially undermining his ability to fully participate and contribute in preseason training camp. If one considers that the Skins are implementing an entirely new defense with entirely new responsibilities for AH I could see a judge agreeing with the Skins.

According to AH's contract, he can buy out of his 2011-2014 years by coughing up 16.8 million dollars. this will void those years but it is not a forfeiture per say, it is a buy-out.

This does make it difficult to trade AH because he has to get enough money to make the deal worth his while, in order to compensate for the huge loss of money, thereby making it hard for AH to give his money back (because he is not going anywhere.)

Are the authors of the article lawyers?

Yes, ****-house lawyers.

Great idea! He still gets paid.

Yes, but if he continues to sit out he can't get paid.

I still feel as if AH does not want to buy himself out then keep his sorry fat ass and just **** up his career keep him on the team and never play his ***** ass!..

This is pretty much how I feel. If he has the audacity to steal $21 million from the team, then the Redskins should destroy his career. We have his rights for the next 6 years. Fine him for anything he doesn't show up for. If he comes to camp, make him run laps for every practice, then sit him all year. If he wants out that badly, then he'll pay back the money.

I think Shanallen were prepared for this a long time ago just because of all the "we have a gameplan" talk Shanahan was saying during the press conference. I think they have something up their sleeve.

A lot of people say that the contract is open to interpretation, so you know Dannys has his best lawyers on it.

I think Shanallen were prepared for this a long time ago just because of all the "we have a gameplan" talk Shanahan was saying during the press conference. I think they have something up their sleeve.

A lot of people say that the contract is open to interpretation, so you know Dannys has his best lawyers on it.

Bingo! I never believed that AH had us over a barrel.

The black and white of both AH's contact and the CBA are certainly going to make it difficult for the skins but this idea that they have "no leverage" is ridiculous. Of course they do, they OWN this guy. They don't have to do anything they don't want. He is an EMPLOYEE. You can make him go to work if you want to.

This is where I get really annoyed. The agent's quote about this drove me nuts. He said this will be a "distraction". That's a threat. PLain and simple. Its a threat. That really bothers me from the standpoint of someone who just took $21 mil after being told he would gladly be released if he didn't take that check. He wants to take the check and then threaten "distraction". Well he needs to be careful with how he thinks he is going to be a "distraction". The skins can call this bluff and make him report to camp and make him play nose tackle if they want because THEY have that leverage. What can AH do? Pout and cry and whine about it? GO AHEAD!! or. . .. . give us back some money and we will ship you out. Its really pretty simple. But if he thinks he is going to hide behind the "signing bonus" AND not play for us, he is crazy.

He can't have both in my opinion. And as soon as he decides he doesn't want to do a drill or doesn't want to practice or whatever "distraction" he tries to create, fine him, sit him, send him home, claim breach of contract etc. Everyone will believe the skins when that happens. EVERYONE. So go ahead AH. try and be a distraction.

His mere presence however should NOT be a problem for our team. He can go in the locker room. He can be a teamate. I think these guys understand this stuff. It happens all the time. They can handle it. Shannahan comes in before AH gets there and says "guys, we aren't sending him anywhere for nothing. We aren't letting him rob us. I don't want conflict in this locker room. He is an Redskins until we tell you otherwise so treat him as such." And they can handle it. I don't like everyone I work with either. They get what's going on. Make him play until he is willing to pony up some of the money. Period.

Here's a preface to what I'm about to say. The difference in networth between the median household income and networth compared to Albert Haynesworth is not even close to the difference between Albert Haynesworth and Snyder.

Snyder has made money by being innovative with revenue generation and marketing, as well as being very aggressive. His excellent legal team consistently betters that of fortune companies in cases he has little legal ground on.

Do you remeber when he tried to take launch a hostile take over of six flags, then after it was thwarted by I believe a board of directors vote, he sued Six Flags, took control and won back legal fees. AH has no chance.

Archived