Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT-NFLPA president tees off on Albert Haynesworth

SkinsCrushCowboys

I loved reading this and Albert must hate to see it. They might have to defend him and them are letting it be known early how they feel. I especially loved this...

"I mean, you're getting paid a ton of money to play less and you're complaining about it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/18/nflpa-president-tees-off-on-albert-haynesworth/

NFLPA president tees off on Albert Haynesworth

Posted by Mike Florio on June 18, 2010 1:36 PM ET

To the extent that the NFLPA eventually may have to defend the ability of Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to keep all of the $21 million he received in April after skipping a mandatory minicamp this week, the president of the NFLPA has done nothing to assist Haynesworth's position.

"I mean, if you don't want to be there don't take the $21 million contract," Kevin Mawae told Bryan McGovern and Gil Brandt of Sirius NFL Radio. "How things turned out it's no surprise to guys that have played with him in Tennessee."

(Translation? "Turd.")

"You know, what do you say?" Mawae said, right after saying all that he needed to say. "I mean, you're getting paid a ton of money to play less and you're complaining about it. At the end of the day it's one thing to be a football player and get paid lots of money but there's a whole lot more to be said about being a man. . . . [H]e can be one of the best in the league and I've said that to him in his face before. But to this point he doesn't want to do it on a consistent basis."

Dear Redskins, sign Kevin Mawae right now. And put his locker right next to Haynesworth's.

NFLPA. Worst union in the country?

Worst union in the country.

How is it that MLB players - who have an average reading level of the 4th Grade - have such a great union while the NFLPA - which is full of fairly intelligent people with years of college if not degrees - is so piss poor?

Not a defense of Haynesworth. Just in awe of how bad the NFLPA is.

Mawae has always been kind of a standup guy, but this is his opinion, doesn't mean the union won't back Butterworth on keeping the $$$.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with redskindan, if Lawrence Philips can get a couple chances, then AHole will

Mawae has always been kind of a standup guy, but this is his opinion, doesn't mean the union won't back Butterworth on keeping the $$$.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with redskindan, if Lawrence Philips can get a couple chances, then AHole will

agree, opinion are like...well you know, but offering the opinion early and so clearly sends a message. I think with the CBA year and all that is going on, they do not have the stomach for this right now.

Hail

agree, opinion are like...well you know, but offering the opinion early and so clearly sends a message. I think with the CBA year and all that is going on, they do not have the stomach for this right now.

Hail

And I think THAT is the real concern for the union, the owners will definitely push for some kind of remediation when you get a Haynesworth or Russell draining your cap with little return.

Kevin Mawae, June 18:

[H]e can be one of the best in the league and I've said that to him in his face before. But to this point he doesn't want to do it on a consistent basis.

Larry Brown #43, May 27, after being asked why I had just called Albert a "sack of crap":

Because he could be legendary but he settles for being above average.

It's funny, Mawae says the way this has all turned out isn't a surprise to a lot of the guys who played with Albert in Tennessee. Well, it's not a surprise to a lot of Skins fans who have been paying attention, either.

Rich Eisen said it best. Haynesworth has alienated himself not only from the Washington Redskins but from all 31 NFL Teams and other sports franchises around the country. The economy is fragile right now and you have this guy getting paid 32 million dollars up front and then walks off the job. Law is always influenced by politics and if Hayensworth thinks his case is a lock for keeping the money without staying he's go another thing coming!

Archived