Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watson Vs. Candidate

Thinking Skins

I'm reading other threads and people are saying that they run very similar. I dont see that. In the game on Saturday, I saw Watson going straight up the middle through the hole, while Candidate was running to the outside on sweeps. Both sides are nice and I think will fit this offense, but I seriously dont think that Watson and Candidate have the same running style.

Originally posted by blakman211

I'm reading other threads and people are saying that they run very similar. I dont see that. In the game on Saturday, I saw Watson going straight up the middle through the hole, while Candidate was running to the outside on sweeps. Both sides are nice and I think will fit this offense, but I seriously dont think that Watson and Candidate have the same running style.

Agreed, I never understood those comparisons either, Watson, at least every time I have seen him, has been a guy that takes it up the gut. Don't see how Betts is any more of a power back then him.

Watson is listed at 5'11" / 214lbs

Betts is listed at 5'10" / 221lbs

Canidate is listed at 5'11" / 205lbs

Watson has a running style and a physique more like Betts than Canidate. Watson is a tweener power guy with skills to get outside. Betts is a pure power guy that reminds me of S. Davis/

You really cant compare Watson and Canidate. They do different things well, but have very different styles.

Betts has a great burst to the hole, he's very decisive and has pretty good vision. I think his quickness for his size and his football. I think he breaks arm tackles more consistently than Watson. He's got good hands, he's got decent speed. He's just the better back IMO.

Archived