Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

June 17th, 1994

ixcuincle

Do you remember where you were on June 17, 1994? Thanks to a wide array of unrelated, coast-to-coast occurrences, this Friday has come to be known for its firsts, lasts, triumphs and tragedy. Arnold Palmer played his last round at a U.S. Open, in Oakmont, Pa., the FIFA World Cup kicked off in Chicago, the Rangers celebrated on Broadway, Patrick Ewing desperately pursued a long evasive championship in the Garden and Donald Fehr stared down the baseball owners. And yet, all of that was a prelude to O.J. Simpson leading America on a slow speed chase in a white Ford Bronco around Los Angeles. Oscar-nominated and Peabody Award-winning director Brett Morgen will artistically weave these moments and others to create a unique and reflective look at a day that no sports fan could forget.

http://30for30.espn.com/film/june-17-1994.html

One of the few times I regret not having cable

Hopefully some kind individual streams this online

I was in SC on vacation with my parents...Dad left early to go back home and take care of some business, Mom and I watched the whole OJ thing unfold on TV.

I remember when we were in the car on the way home from dinner a few days earlier hearing about Nicole Brown's death and police were looking for OJ for questioning.

Will never forget the day! Was 100 yards from my house on a creek bank smoking bong after bong with 3 friends of mine. Across the creek, there was a car passing and some guy yells out, "OJ's on the run and OJ's gotta gun!"

We laughed it off knowing that police had been looking for him. Little did we know. We walked back to my house and flipped on the TV and were all in shock.

I was at Senior Week, drinking on the roof peak of a nice beach house with 5 buddies. Climbing the roof required some careful planning and a well coordinated "leap of faith" from the third-floor balcony. Not easy with bottles in hand.

We started early and came down to refill, just in time to catch the beginning of the OJ coverage. Never made it back up on the roof that night!

Archived