Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside Slant : Bruce is Miffed ; Other Notes & Quotes

Mickalino

The cigarette ban in indoor public places is a good law.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. The cigarette ban in indoor public places is a good law.

• Agree
    • Disagree

BANG - you are absolutely dead on.

If you don't have something positive to say "KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT". I don't care how correct his remarks might have been (and that's not in any way an admission that he is correct - just a statement that the correctness of his remarks is utterly irrelevant), the point is that his remarks in no way help the situation.

Instead they clearly hurt the team, both by causing the younger players to question themselves and by dividing the team into two camps, with Bruce and any adherents going around pointing fingers at everybody else saying "you messed up". The blame game is a nasty, divisive, corrosive game to play, and left unchecked will destroy any team's spirit. I hope Spurrier dressed him down in front of the entire team and told him not to be such a self-indulgent prick.

I am tired of Bruce Smith setting himself up as a focus for rebellion and opposition to the Redksins management team - he was one of the leaders of the rebellion against Marty too. He does this to satisfy his pathetic little ego - there is no other reason. The thing that makes it worse, is that the younger players almost certainly look up to him and respect him because of his achievements, and some of them will lack the maturity to form their own independent judgments.

RebelYell

Archived