Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants WR/KR Domenik Hixon out for the year w/ ACL injury.

Oldskool

Domenik Hixon-WR- Giants Jun. 16 - 1:56 pm et

Updating a previous item, Giants KR Domenik Hixon will miss the entire 2010 season with a torn ACL.

Initial reports had Hixon suffering only a knee hyperextension at Tuesday's practice, but it turns out that the hyperextension resulted from the ACL tear. Hixon's loss is a big blow to New York's special teams, as he led the NFL in punt return average last season. It's not a big deal from a fantasy standpoint.

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

And it looks like Sinorice Moss might be saved from the cutting block again this year. It's amazing that that guy still manages to get a paycheck. What a waste of a 2nd round pick. The fact that the giants traded up for him makes it even worse.

And it looks like Sinorice Moss might be saved from the cutting block again this year. It's amazing that that guy still manages to get a paycheck. What a waste of a 2nd round pick. The fact that the giants traded up for him makes it even worse.

While I've never been a fan of ripping Moss like most Giant fans, I think he can be a pretty good wide receiver. The problem is, he doesn't play special teams, and you know how much Tom Coughlin values special teams. And since our ST's struggled last year, I'm inclined to think the Giants will only keep 5 wide receivers this year with the injury to Hixon.

While I've never been a fan of ripping Moss like most Giant fans, I think he can be a pretty good wide receiver. The problem is, he doesn't play special teams, and you know how much Tom Coughlin values special teams. And since our ST's struggled last year, I'm inclined to think the Giants will only keep 5 wide receivers this year with the injury to Hixon.

It's strange to me that a guy with his particular skillset (similar to his brother's but maybe not as developed) can't even return kicks or punts.

Archived