Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP.com - Matt Bowen: Will the 'Skins meet Haynesworth's demands?

Mark The Homer

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Will-the-Skins-meet-Haynesworths-demands.html

What do you do if you are Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, Mike Shanahan or any of the Redskins decision makers when it comes to Albert Haynesworth today?

Through his agent, Chad Speck, the big money DT told the Washington Post that he will not be in attendance for the ‘Skins mandatory minicamp—and wants a trade.

A trade? Haven’t we been down this road before? We all know Haynesworth wants out of Washington. I have talked to people inside the building at Redskins Park this offseason who told me they are actively trying to move Haynesworth. However, do you really want to trade a player after giving him $32-million already for one year of service on a bad football team in 2009? Big price to pay, even if you can find a team who is willing to take on the rest of his existing contract.

Albert Haynesworth APHaynesworth will skip the Redskins' minicamp and has demanded a trade.

My initial reaction to this: pick up the phone, make a deal and send him out of town.

But, that isn’t logical because the guy can play football. I don’t care what type of defensive front you put him in, he is going to cause disruption at the line of scrimmage—because he can be that good on Sundays. Plus, why should Snyder or Shanahan give into a player's demands in June?

The solution here is simple: fine him—repeatedly.

I hear you on the trade mark, but I would get much pleasure (also misdirected and not logical) for sitting him the entire year and not dressing for a single game. I know it does not make football sense. If he has any desire to play (which I am not sure he does) it would be a killer to sit for 6-8 games and watch from home.

IF a trade could be done...

How much are the Skins on the hook for per his guaranteed part of his contract?

and...Would not the new suckers have the right to renegotiate his contract?

He has no standing not to be fined. Per the CBA his attendance is required here. I do not know how this might affect what the Redskins other options could be concerning the rest of his contract.

I do not here any players saying, 'Atta boy AH - you are doing the right thing'. That cannot be a good chemistry thing. And I reallly do not see Shanny being the type of coach who finds this tolerable. After all, does Haynesworth actually know what the defensive strategy is concerning him considering he has not shown up for a single day?

Yeah, you would like to have his talent, but it has to be on the field and not at his mansion.

IF a trade could be done...

How much are the Skins on the hook for per his guaranteed part of his contract?

and...Would not the new suckers have the right to renegotiate his contract?

He has no standing not to be fined. Per the CBA his attendance is required here. I do not know how this might affect what the Redskins other options could be concerning the rest of his contract.

I do not here any players saying, 'Atta boy AH - you are doing the right thing'. That cannot be a good chemistry thing. And I reallly do not see Shanny being the type of coach who finds this tolerable. After all, does Haynesworth actually know what the defensive strategy is concerning him considering he has not shown up for a single day?

Yeah, you would like to have his talent, but it has to be on the field and not at his mansion.

The 'skins have paid him $32M. If they can trade him they obviously owe him nothing. He's owed another $16M for the next 3 years.

If the skins trade him, no way does the new team rework his contract. Just about the only trade value he has comes from him 'only' being owed $16 million over the next 3 years - a very reasonable contract for a player of his ability. Yes they could rework his contract, but it would be pretty silly.

I'm not sure he's really too much of a locker room cancer - I don't think anybody is going to be on his side. The true cancers are the guys who split the locker room like TO. He will be a distraction and certainly a guy you'd rather not have, but giving in sets a very bad precedent. As Shanny said, he took a very big check a couple months ago.

At this point, unless he renegotiates his contract to give back most if not all of the money, I don't think he's going anywhere. Among other teams, he's shown himself to be a very selfish, me-first player who already has his money - who's going to want him? I'm sure some team would give up a low pick for him but at that point maybe you just put him out there. If he refuses to play/practice then you try legal action to get money back.

The 'skins have paid him $32M. If they can trade him they obviously owe him nothing. He's owed another $16M for the next 3 years.

If the skins trade him, no way does the new team rework his contract. Just about the only trade value he has comes from him 'only' being owed $16 million over the next 3 years - a very reasonable contract for a player of his ability. Yes they could rework his contract, but it would be pretty silly.

Thank You for the answers.

Call the Raiders. That was a pretty fair trade earlier this year.

Would not see AH till the Super Bowl...:silly:

Thank You for the answers.

Call the Raiders. That was a pretty fair trade earlier this year.

Would not see AH till the Super Bowl...:silly:

So what you are saying is we would never have to see him, EVER! I like most of you like the thought of letting him suffer by not playing. Yeah it is going to cost us but if he wants to try to prove a point, why shouldn't we. Money can come and go but time in a player's career cannot be replaced. Hit him where it hurts.

I think they will say "give us our bonus money back and you can walk away". And I think he will. (Hopefully no other team will take him even then)

I thin kif he doesn't agree to that then the FO will give him the pidly fines every day up until game 1. when he doesn't go on the field they sue him for breach of contract. even if they don't win, they tie him up for years to come.

So what you are saying is we would never have to see him, EVER! I like most of you like the thought of letting him suffer by not playing. Yeah it is going to cost us but if he wants to try to prove a point, why shouldn't we. Money can come and go but time in a player's career cannot be replaced. Hit him where it hurts.

Good point. On the other hand if you can get something for nothing (which AH himself has already said he wants to provide to the Skins) why not?

Besides...Trent versus AH in a few years...yeah, gimme some of that.

I know what I would do. I would tell Mr Haynesworth to tread carefully. He's already been paid most of what he was due...so...tell him fine. We have you for three more years so you will be expected to be at every practice and every game for the next 3 years. Unfortunately, you will never play. When your contract is up...nobody is going to want you and your career is over. OR play your backside off this season and we will grant you a trade in the offseason.

Do what the Eagles did to TO. Fine him repeatedly and when he doesn't comply or disrupts the team then suspend him for being a determent to the team. If he wants to to be traded then he needs to agree to a buy out. That is the only way he should be traded. Don't let him out of his contract and make him play or sit the bench so he is devalued enough that no one wants the malcontent. Yes he can play and is a Pro bowl caliber player. But he is a selfish, me player that needs to be taught a lesson in team work.

Not only that, because he is missing a mandatory camp the Redskins can try to recoup abou $25million in bonus money.

Hit him in the wallet, that'll get his attention.

You know what he took that check and now he expects us to bend over to his every want and need, sorry it don't work like that. I say either he comes and plays or we sit him on the bench for the next 4 years. He will see the light Ocho Cinco did in cincy, Brandon Marshall did in Denver. All he cares about are his stats and his legacy lets see how much of a legacy he has on the bench. He took the check it's time for him to do things are way and NO WAY ELSE!!!!!:logo:

It appears the front office had a plan and are now about to execute it. According to Schepter on ESPN, Haynesworth is not going to be traded especially for a middle round pick and the team is not going to pay him the $9 million owed. Also, they are going after $25 million in signing bonus already paid to AH. Schepter described AH' actions a risky and the Redskins have a case.

Fine him heavily until we get back most of the apparently wasted money. Do not trade him until we have recovered most of it. Toss him on IR .. suspend him for actions detrimental to the team, whatever it takes.

Do NOT give in and trade him.

My only problem with keeping him and not trading him is, he will be a distraction, even if he's sitting at home. There will always be (Literally) that elephant in the room. This team is embarking on a new era of Redskins football. We finally have a team mentality we haven't had since our SB year of 1991-92. Trade him and get the best deal you can and let it go. We have 52 other players who want to play and have a goal.

1. He is under contract. He has said, through his agent, that he doesn't want to play in the new scheme, and it's not about money (talk about a tune change, it sure was about money when he left the Titans). Well, apparently Albert does not understand what contracts are about, and doesn't have a super grasp of the world economy at the moment. A small number of fans (like myself) advocated for patience and made some positive assumptions regarding his absence during OTAs and other volunatary activities. Thanks for your support Albert Haynesworth. I am not enjoying the big old plate of dung you helped serve.

2. I don't think it is worthwhile to trade Albert at this point. If Allen/Shanahan couldn't find value for him earlier (by their own admission), we are unlikely to find it now. Best keep him until someone must have a DT due to injury and are willing to value up and meet the Redskins demands, or...

a. AH Agent is free to negotiate with other teams, with the final say in return value up for Allen/Shanahan veto.

b. We get our 21 million returned.

c. No contract renegotiation. The other team can deal with that garbage.

3. He appears at all mandatory events, or is fined the maximum. If he shows up, he is required to suit up but doesn't practice or play, and his team mates don't speak to him. He doesn't attend meetings, but has to sit in his own rooms watching film of himself last year (with subliminal messaging included). He may not communicate with anyone while on the Redskins clock - No lawyers, no agents, no strippers. He may not work out with team mates. He started the isolation, we can finish it up for him.

4. He sits until the Redskins make a trade of him on their terms, or his agent makes a trade for him on terms acceptable to the Redskins. He can rot for the next 3 years for all I care (under the same conditions).

5. He receives his pay, and the Redskins hang on to him until the end of his contract under those terms. If he doesn't want to do his utmost for his employer who has paid for his services at the highest rate available, because he can't work the way he wants to, then he shouldnt be allowed to work at all. It's too bad Snyder can't force him to wear advertising signs to get some money back, as that is a big space (his backside).

6. This is a tantrum, and as adults, we (and the team) cannot give in to tantrums. It's bad for business, and bad for team morale/motivation.

But, that isn’t logical because the guy can play football. I don’t care what type of defensive front you put him in, he is going to cause disruption at the line of scrimmage—because he can be that good on Sundays. Plus, why should Snyder or Shanahan give into a player's demands in June?

Exactly, screw you Fat Albert, fine him then put him in Fat Camp then the practice squad for as long as possible.

MTH mentioned in another thread the max for being on the practice squad is two years.

1. He is under contract. He has said, through his agent, that he doesn't want to play in the new scheme, and it's not about money (talk about a tune change, it sure was about money when he left the Titans). Well, apparently Albert does not understand what contracts are about, and doesn't have a super grasp of the world economy at the moment. A small number of fans (like myself) advocated for patience and made some positive assumptions regarding his absence during OTAs and other volunatary activities. Thanks for your support Albert Haynesworth. I am not enjoying the big old plate of dung you helped serve.

2. I don't think it is worthwhile to trade Albert at this point. If Allen/Shanahan couldn't find value for him earlier (by their own admission), we are unlikely to find it now. Best keep him until someone must have a DT due to injury and are willing to value up and meet the Redskins demands, or...

a. AH Agent is free to negotiate with other teams, with the final say in return value up for Allen/Shanahan veto.

b. We get our 21 million returned.

c. No contract renegotiation. The other team can deal with that garbage.

3. He appears at all mandatory events, or is fined the maximum. If he shows up, he is required to suit up but doesn't practice or play, and his team mates don't speak to him. He doesn't attend meetings, but has to sit in his own rooms watching film of himself last year (with subliminal messaging included). He may not communicate with anyone while on the Redskins clock - No lawyers, no agents, no strippers. He may not work out with team mates. He started the isolation, we can finish it up for him.

4. He sits until the Redskins make a trade of him on their terms, or his agent makes a trade for him on terms acceptable to the Redskins. He can rot for the next 3 years for all I care (under the same conditions).

5. He receives his pay, and the Redskins hang on to him until the end of his contract under those terms. If he doesn't want to do his utmost for his employer who has paid for his services at the highest rate available, because he can't work the way he wants to, then he shouldnt be allowed to work at all. It's too bad Snyder can't force him to wear advertising signs to get some money back, as that is a big space (his backside).

6. This is a tantrum, and as adults, we (and the team) cannot give in to tantrums. It's bad for business, and bad for team morale/motivation.

Exactly, why should we give this fat P.O.S anything?

:ols: at the no hookers while on the Redskins clock.

tough spot for the NFLPA.

They want this to be the face of their battle with owners when a lockout is coming?

Good luck explaining how a guy was happy to cash a 21mil check, but then refuses to honor his side of the contract.

If the contract said that he would only be a DT in a 4-3, maybe it would fly. But even though they HAVE TO DEFEND HIM publically. You know behind closed doors they wish it wasn't the case.

My only problem with keeping him and not trading him is, he will be a distraction, even if he's sitting at home. There will always be (Literally) that elephant in the room. This team is embarking on a new era of Redskins football. We finally have a team mentality we haven't had since our SB year of 1991-92. Trade him and get the best deal you can and let it go. We have 52 other players who want to play and have a goal.

If you trade him, especially after he accepted the signing bonus, then you set a dangerous presidence for others to follow. Letting him wallo in his filth, while scorned by others, along with the uncertainty of his own future shows others to abide to their contracts.

Archived