Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most satisfying way to destroy a cell phone?

Botched

I'm sure some of you remember the scene from the movie Office Space, where the main character abducts the constanly malfunctioning printer/copier from his office, so that he and his co-workers can unleash their fury on it.

Well, I have a cell phone that has made my life hell for months now. I won't go into details right now, but if you've ever owned a Samsung Glyde you might know what I'm talking about. For various Verizon-related reasons, I haven't been able to replace the phone with a new one, so I've been putting up with it.

So, in a couple weeks I will be getting a new phone, and once I get it, I want to destroy this worthless excuse for a communication device in the most satisfying manner possible. I literally have the date of destruction circled on my calendar.

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

I have microwaved one, shot 2 with firearms and nailed one to the wall of my shed with a nail gun. All were satisfying. My next will be done with a weed torch. How bout making a call with it and get a recording of the destruction for us before you deactivate it?

Least satisfying ways I've had cell phones destroyed:

-My daughter threw it in the pool

-A rogue wave managed to reach my bag at the ocean and killed my phone and mp3 player

-I was sending a long text and messages kept coming in and messing me up. I got pissed and snapped it in half.

:whoknows: Activate it on AT&T's network? :whoknows:

zing!

-turn it on and drop it in a bowl of salt water.

-garbage disposal. (do this at you friends house. don't want to mess up your own gd)

Oh, and afterwards, put it in a box and mail it back to Samsung.

I too have a Samsung Glyde, and it is the biggest POS I have ever owned...you almost cant even use the touch screen to navigate, you are forced to use the keyboard arrows to scroll through texts and menu items...when my alarm goes off, I am sitting there half asleep trying to hit dismiss, and it either wont register, or it thinks I hit snooze, so it will go off again, or when I get a call I will touch Answer, and the POS thinks I hit silence ringer. Forget trying to call someone from your contact list, just trying to click the tiny little green button to call someone is like trying to find Waldo.

If I were you I would tape it to a stick and slowly melt the SOB over an open fire like a hot dog and watch it melt away into non existent...thats what I plan to do. A slow death for a POS phone. Make that craptastic phone suffer...just make sure you get your micro sd card out first:silly:

I'm sure some of you remember the scene from the movie Office Space, where the main character abducts the constanly malfunctioning printer/copier from his office, so that he and his co-workers can unleash their fury on it.

Well, I have a cell phone that has made my life hell for months now. I won't go into details right now, but if you've ever owned a Samsung Glyde you might know what I'm talking about. For various Verizon-related reasons, I haven't been able to replace the phone with a new one, so I've been putting up with it.

So, in a couple weeks I will be getting a new phone, and once I get it, I want to destroy this worthless excuse for a communication device in the most satisfying manner possible. I literally have the date of destruction circled on my calendar.

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

there are a lot of things you can do. If you have a gun, target practice. Sledge hammer it. Drive down interstate and chuck it out the window. Spike it as hard as you can on the pavement, then piss on it for good measure. Call the ******* at verizon that wouldn't let u replace it, while talking piss on the phne, then smash it so he can hear it.

How bout making a call with it and get a recording of the destruction for us before you deactivate it?

LOVE that idea. I will try.

I too have a Samsung Glyde, and it is the biggest POS I have ever owned...you almost cant even use the touch screen to navigate, you are forced to use the keyboard arrows to scroll through texts and menu items...when my alarm goes off, I am sitting there half asleep trying to hit dismiss, and it either wont register, or it thinks I hit snooze, so it will go off again, or when I get a call I will touch Answer, and the POS thinks I hit silence ringer. Forget trying to call someone from your contact list, just trying to click the tiny little green button to call someone is like trying to find Waldo.

If I were you I would tape it to a stick and slowly melt the SOB over an open fire like a hot dog and watch it melt away into non existent...thats what I plan to do. A slow death for a POS phone. Make that craptastic phone suffer...just make sure you get your micro sd card out first:silly:

Yeah, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The phone has a mind of it's own and is almost impossible to use. If I leave the screen unlocked it likes to call random numbers from my contact list, which has made for some interesting situations.

The Glyde deserves a very slow death. If only cell phones could feel pain.

How about waiting for the Dallas home opener, and putting it into one of the urinals in FedEx Field - and visit it every quarter to 'water' it.....

LOVE this idea! Doubt I'll make it to the game tho :(

Acting like you're older than 11 and selling it/recycling it?

Sorry, I'm a downer for this thread!

If you had experienced what I have with this piece of junk, you'd probly have made this same thread. You would not believe this phone. Verizon should be paying ME for using it.

Acting like you're older than 11 and selling it/recycling it?

Sorry, I'm a downer for this thread!

Talking about how he wants to destroy a cellphone which is beyond a POS somehow makes him childish in your eyes?

Something tells me you aren't just a "downer" in the thread.

Sheeesh

zing!

-turn it on and drop it in a bowl of salt water.

-garbage disposal. (do this at you friends house. don't want to mess up your own gd)

Oh, and afterwards, put it in a box and mail it back to Samsung.

i actually lost a phone in salt water...i completely forgot it was in my pocket, it fried, and by fried i mean i noticed after it started burning my leg, took it out of my pocket, and threw it (i had to find a way to word this so i wouldn't go in the taken out of context thread)

Archived