Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

100% attendance at mandatory ota's?

TheShredder

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Will the Redskins have 100% attendance at the upcoming mandatory Mini Camp??? I made a mistake in the original post and poll.

I'm going to say yes.

AH will be there. Landry will be there (he has too much to lose and nothing to gain by pouting about anything.) Rocky will be there and sign his tender.

Except for an excused absence, everyone will be there or be fined severely.

I am expecting that there is a possibility that Brian Westbrook signs and is in attendance as well.

Let's see. What do you think?

I think that it's possible that Rogers or Rocky skips. More, Rocky than Carlos. I think it's possible in their minds that they made a show of good will and now they want their contract and not the one year tender that they were offered.

Just to clairify, I believe that none of the OTA's are mandatory. What is mandatory is the upcoming mini-camp. The only reason I say this, is that I believe the 'Skins can do more things in a mini-camp, than just regular OTA's. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Now onto your question. Unless due to injury (and then in that case the player us still there either observing, or working out on the side), or there is a serious personal issue, (such as a death in the family), I don't think there's even a question if everyone will be there. With all the attention Big Al has been getting from missing the OTA's, I think he's the only question mark for mini-camp, although he has said over and over that he wi be here. I'm looking forward to having every member of the Skins in the practice field for the first time together this year.

Wait why would Landry even consider not being there? He has nothing to pout about. He's probably one of the defensive players with the most to gain with the new scheme.

I could see Rocky or Rogers skipping, but I really doubt it. I think they want to play and it wouldn't make much sense to show up for all the voluntary workouts and skip the mandatory ones.

Just to clairify, I believe that none of the OTA's are mandatory. What is mandatory is the upcoming mini-camp. The only reason I say this, is that I believe the 'Skins can do more things in a mini-camp, than just regular OTA's. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Now onto your question. Unless due to injury (and then in that case the player us still there either observing, or working out on the side), or there is a serious personal issue, (such as a death in the family), I don't think there's even a question if everyone will be there. With all the attention Big Al has been getting from missing the OTA's, I think he's the only question mark for mini-camp, although he has said over and over that he wi be here. I'm looking forward to having every member of the Skins in the practice field for the first time together this year.

Yes, that was a mistake...I meant the upcoming Mini Camp. Thanks for pointing that out.

We were 4-12 last year...**** yes everyone should be there!!!! Will Jabba the **** be there? I highly doubt it.

Yes, he will. Because looking beyond all of the media-manufactured fanfare surrounding his absence from OTA's, and reading what's actually been said by both AH and his coaches, he will be there.

He was never going to attend OTA's. He was always going to attend everything that's mandatory.

But of course, with nothing else to report on, the media continued to act surprised when every single OTA session came along, and he attended none of them. When that was already, from the get-go this offseason, a known quantity. Just like its been known this whole time that he'll be at mandatory mini camps and the like.

To this point, he hasn't done anything that he didn't already inform everyone of, from the very moment Shanahan set the OTA dates for this offseason.

I think that it's possible that Rogers or Rocky skips. More, Rocky than Carlos. I think it's possible in their minds that they made a show of good will and now they want their contract and not the one year tender that they were offered.

I agree with this entirely... I guess if you're not under contract at the time of OTA's, then it is an "excused absence," though, so I also voted for the first option.

Wait why would Landry even consider not being there? He has nothing to pout about. He's probably one of the defensive players with the most to gain with the new scheme.

It was mentioned in one of the twitter threads that Landry had actually missed the past 3 weeks. Whether or not it was excused, or what it was even for, is uknown.

There is reason for concern on that front, because as you mentioned, he has probably the most to gain from the scheme change, save Orakpo... None the less, I'm sure he'll be there.

I believe I read somewhere that if Rocky does not sign his tender by June 15 he will not be playing football in 2010. I think he will sign and will be there at the mimicamp. Carlos's is structured differently so he does not have to sign if he so chooses but will still be able to play in 2010.

Everyone will be there who wants to have a chance of playing for this team.

That includes Haynesworth.

McIntosh just signed a few hours ago and TK says that Rogers isn't far behind, so they'll all be there.

Plus, this isn't an autograph signing, so Landry will be there as well.

Archived