Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Video shows (Vince) Young punching man

Destino

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5282771

DALLAS -- Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young was issued a Class C assault citation after an incident at a Dallas-area strip club early Sunday morning.

According to surveillance video of the incident, Young threw a punch and set off a fight inside an office at Club Onyx after a man indentified as Creiton Kinchen. insulted Young and made a derogatory sign referencing the University of Texas, Young's alma mater.

"This [Kinchen's comments] obviously made Mr. Young upset," Police Lt. Craig Miller said. "That conversation continues and there was more accusations against the University of Texas which prompted, in this case, Mr. Young to come back into the room where he just about exited."

According to the police report, Kinchen sustained a bloody lip in the fight, but did not require medical attention.

Titans spokesman Robbie Bohren said the team was aware of the incident and had contacted Young. He said the team was still gathering information.

Roger Goodell is not going to be happy about this....

Stay classy VY. You finally have a chance to earn back your starting job and the respect of your teammates and now you're facing a possible suspension. Way to keep it real dog. When will NFL players realize they ALL need to stay away from strip clubs especially at 3:30am?

According to surveillance video of the incident, Young threw a punch and set off a fight inside an office at Club Onyx after a man indentified as Creiton Kinchen.

While I may not know what the man looks like, he simply must be a curly-mustached evil villain with a name like that.

thaddeus_griffin.png

Stay classy VY. You finally have a chance to earn back your starting job and the respect of your teammates and now you're facing a possible suspension. Way to keep it real dog. When will NFL players realize they ALL need to stay away from strip clubs especially at 3:30am?

I completely agree. If I was a pro athlete, I would have as much fun as possible, but the last place you would ever find me if a strip club. its a disaster waiting to happen

It seems like the victim was the one who instigated the ordeal but that's what happens when you're a celebrity and you mingle with a drunk populace. The report said he was almost out of the room and the guy made another wise-crack about UT and it set him off. I hope he gets to sit for 2-3 games. My tolerance level for this kind of garbage is at an all-time low.

The guy is 27 years old - I'm 32 and I realized at hmmm, I don't know, 22 that going to strip clubs is just immature and sleazy. That and probably having a girlfriend helped too. Nevermind he assaulted someone, I think he's more of a jerk-off for being there in the first place.

*edit - since this will probably be the thread that doesn't get merged here is the video from another thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxdwHjbBPI&feature=player_embedded#%21

I doubt he gets suspended. It was a misdemeanor, and Roethlisberger got just 4 games for a 2nd offense which is much more serious. At worst, I see a 1-2 game suspension. If he gets anything more than that, Goodell is just going overboard with this whole suspension thing.

I guess it's too much to ask for players to learn from each others mistakes.

I doubt he gets suspended. It was a misdemeanor, and Roethlisberger got just 4 games for a 2nd offense which is much more serious. At worst, I see a 1-2 game suspension. If he gets anything more than that, Goodell is just going overboard with this whole suspension thing.

Roethlisberger was given a 6 game suspension.

If he gets anything more than that, Goodell is just going overboard with this whole suspension thing.

He has to because the players are not getting through their heads that they can't do stupid stuff. The media can find out almost anything nowadays. I am not saying be a saint, even though they are Super Bowl champions :silly: , but you can't be pieceing people up......

Can someone tell me why people always say "stay out of strip clubs" when incidents like this happen? I'm not a fan of them myself and have only been for bachelor parties but... amazingly I've never seen a fight nor have I ever swung at anyone in a strip club. The way people talk about these places is like they are saloons or something out of Desperado with tables getting turned over and bodies flying out of swinging doors. That's not the case.

You know what Vince Young could have done differently here? Remembered to bring enough cash and laughed off an insult from a strip club manager. Basically, don't try to punch everyone that has something bad to say. A lesson most adults learn easily enough.... the ones that want to stay out of prison anyway.

Some of these players have taken one too many shots to the head because they are obviously dumb as ****. Dude, you make MILLIONS! Instead of going to the strip club have the strip club come to you.

BTW. That was really not a big deal IMO. It's another case of "boys will be boys."

You know what Vince Young could have done differently here? Remembered to bring enough cash and laughed off an insult from a strip club manager. Basically, don't try to punch everyone that has something bad to say. A lesson most adults learn easily enough.... the ones that want to stay out of prison anyway.

That's it right there. Bravo. How about these guys show some maturity? Have they ever heard the saying, "Sticks and Stones..."? Seriously. Buy them all a drink and a lap dance and laugh it off. Why does everyone in this world have to be "Billy Bad Ass" and try to whip everyone in sight? It doesn't make you a man, it makes you a moron.

I'm getting at the fact that you are criticizing him for being out at 3 AM and for being at a strip club. This is a grown man we are talking about, not a 15 year old with a curfew.

The point isn't that he shouldn't be allowed to be there. The point is that he should be smart enough to realize that he's rich, famous, and a pro athlete in a country that idolizes such people. It makes him a target, and his stupid ass allowed himself to be goaded.

That's not the behavior of a "grown man". Its the behavior of an immature idiot who obviously doesn't have any common sense.

I'm getting at the fact that you are criticizing him for being out at 3 AM and for being at a strip club. This is a grown man we are talking about, not a 15 year old with a curfew.

Fair enough...I respect your opinion but I disagree with you and if you watched NFL Network or listened to Sirius NFL Radio yesterday you'd realize I'm not in the minority. Vince Young is one of only 32 people in the entire world with a certain job and I think that job bears a certain amount of responsibility and maturity. Being in a strip club to me is unbecoming of an NFL quarterback - right ,wrong, or indifferent.

There's a reason why you'd never find P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, McNabb, and about 20+ other guys in a joint like that - the get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived