Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Save analog camcorder video to computer

HailtoClark#84

Hi Guys!

I figured there might be some people who(like me) have older video camcorders and want them saved on computer.My RCA camcorder sounded like it was on it's last leg and I wanted to save all the analog video to computer before it stopped working altogether.I had the adaptor for playing in a VCR but here in Austria the VHS works differently than in the States.So I was in a panic to find something fast.Did alot of searches but found very little.So went to the local computer market here in Wels,Austria and the computer salesman hooked me up with the Hama Video Editor.The cost here was 60 Euro.But I was able to use this to save all my videos to computer.Has several adaptors for different types of cams.The money was worth it.Hopes this helps for those of you out there with older video camcorders.

O.K. Bang..

You might be right.But here in Austria I was just ready to get anything that works.:cool:

Cables like these are pretty standard, I did this a few years back. They take the red, yellow and white output cables from your device and condense it down to a USB input and you essentially record the cassette on the computer.

Wasn't trying to be snarky,, I figured 'nifty cable set" was a lot easier to get the point over without having the hundred-digit link that it is. :)

I don't know if you've got Best Buy in Australia, but there's likely an equivalent electronics store you can get them from .

~Bang

Sorry Bang.

This is Austria.South of Germany and north of Italy.The country without the kangaroos.LOL!!!

And no..there is unfortunatley no Best Buys here so I guess I'm lucky to get what I got.

Oh! Sorry about that!

You guys don't have any electronics shops you can order from online? What are shipping costs like in Europe? Even though it's international for you to order from, say France, it's akin to me ordering from someplace in Kansas in terms of shipping. Are there border tariffs and such to drive up the cost?

~Bang

Archived