Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Kriegel FoxSports.com: USC will appeal the “excessive” punishment

Johns Bass

The link is to Comcast but they reprinted from Fox:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb/20100611/Kriegel-College-Cheating/

I looked up arrogance in the dictionary and it just said 'see USC'.

Actually, I do not what is worse - the arrogance of asking for the review or the result of the review when they get it and sentence gets reduced.

Among other things about Carroll quoted in the article:

"Carroll had been making about $4.4 million and ended up getting about $7 million per from the Seahawks."

And Kiffen:

"Kiffin — with an aggregate record of 12-21 as a head coach in college and the NFL — is getting “just under $4 million,” according to HBO’s RealSports."

Interesting read and (thankfully) concise.

Lane Kiffin finally did it to himself, didn't he? The guy that fell up the ladder in a bigger way than anyone in the entire history of professional coaching finally stepped on his own dick.

Carroll was getting away with it at USC...why not ride wave?

Oooops. Tidal waves have a way of making your day go real bad. I am just jealous of a couple of guys that could be that incompetent and getting huge promotions for it. And in Carroll's case - getting away with it without ANY reprisal - because there just is not any for him; just those left behind.

It kinda makes me want to go to work and be a complete bloody screwup. If I could only double my paycheck by going that route. ;)

Actually, I do not what is worse - the arrogance of asking for the review or the result of the review when they get it and sentence gets reduced.

It's pretty hard to imagine the NCAA will reduce anything here.

If the NCAA reduces serious sanctions, it's because the school owns up to it and administers some self-sanctions, as in the cases of Alabama or FSU, off the top of my head.

USC is hardly owning up to anything, they're outright denying it, and on top of that, their AD is actually saying stuff like this:

USC athletic director Mike Garrett, speaking at a previously scheduled USC Coaches’ Tour at the Airport Marriott in Burlingame, Calif., had this to say Thursday to boosters: “As I read the decision by the NCAA, all I could get out of all of this was … I read between the lines, and there was nothing but a lot of envy, and they wish they all were Trojans.

So yeah. It's usually hard enough to get the NCAA to back off from sanctions.

The NCAA was already pissed at USC for not caring about this issue when the Reggie Bush reports first leaked, and the public storm it was creating. And then upon investigation, USC wasn't helpful and tried to play everything off, and now their AD is saying that the NCAA is just jealous they didn't go to USC.

Wasn't Kiffin running away from something at Tenn, too? Didn't he leave his successor to get punished for a mess?

Yeah Kiffin and company created a good mess at Tennessee.

The best part is, Kiffin and his right hand man Ed Orgeron (former big time recruiter for University of Miami, then Ole Miss, all places where he got in some form of trouble for his recruiting practices, and infamously told the new UT recruits to "not sign their letters of intent" to UT so they could follow Kiffin to USC instead of going to UT) are now in charge at USC. And the NCAA told them that if they mess up again with recruiting, they'll be looking at the death penalty.

These fools really think they got their fines because of jealousy? Smack them harder for that comment because they obviously haven't learned their lesson. Hell If they think its abo jealousy make it a 10 year ban from post season play and no scholarships.

Lane Kiffin finally did it to himself, didn't he? The guy that fell up the ladder in a bigger way than anyone in the entire history of professional coaching finally stepped on his own dick.

Yep. Kiffin walking into this ****hole makes it all the sweeter. It's like the perfect storm of **** youitude. Buncha prickish SoCal ****s.

Archived