Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Hellie Twitter: Clinton Portis, Brian Westbook quotes 6/12/10

GenMgr

$9m goes a loooooong way toward feeding your family, putting a roof over their heads and even just paying the everyday bills. A lot of men would do it for a lot less if they knew their families were taken care of.

Yeah, as painful as it would be, I would definitely take a bunch of hard hits in pads and a helmet for $9mil a year. Not even a question.

Hell, Kimbo Slice paid random guys $100 to hit them as hard as he could while they wore a helmet for his YouTube channel. I would have done it for $20.

It sounds good, until you get hit in the mouth. I'm not saying no fan would do it, but some people talk like they're getting paid all that money to double dutch.

You don't have a family, do you?

When you're the everyday guy slugging it to work and back for a boss who only demands more, customers who only demand more and yearly increase that barely covers cost-of-living, there's a lot you're do for your Wife and kids for even just a single $9m payday.

You don't have a family, do you?

When you're the everyday guy slugging it to work and back for a boss who only demands more, customers who only demand more and yearly increase that barely covers cost-of-living, there's a lot you're do for your Wife and kids for even just a single $9m payday.

How much money would you need to make in order for you to consider quitting?

How much money would you need to make in order for you to consider quitting?

Are you talking about quitting my job now or if I were an athlete? That's a tough question. I know $9m now won't last until I'm no longer of this Earth. Even if it were the whole $9m and I never spent a penny, it won't be worth the same 30 years from now as today. The bottom line is this is my family I'm thinking about. I'd likely never quit. A single payday like that would make me rest much more easily at night, though.

If I were an athlete, I'd quit if either my heart wasn't in it or I was faced with some sort of injury and a choice (a la Chris Samuels). You don't stick around if your heart is elsewhere. That's when you get hurt.

Are you talking about quitting my job now or if I were an athlete? That's a tough question. I know $9m now won't last until I'm no longer of this Earth. Even if it were the whole $9m and I never spent a penny, it won't be worth the same 30 years from now as today. The bottom line is this is my family I'm thinking about. I'd likely never quit. A single payday like that would make me rest much more easily at night, though.

If I were an athlete, I'd quit if either my heart wasn't in it or I was faced with some sort of injury and a choice (a la Chris Samuels). You don't stick around if your heart is elsewhere. That's when you get hurt.

So, if you made, say, $50 million in 5 years there would be nothing that would lead you to thinking about quitting or cause your motivation to take a temporary nosedive?

So, if you made, say, $50 million in 5 years there would be nothing that would lead you to thinking about quitting or cause your motivation to take a temporary nosedive?

If my heart wasn't in it any longer and I was sitting on that kind of money, I'd just give notice and leave. No sense in dragging in it out. I take too my pride in my own work to become that much of an obstruction.

Just speaking for myself here.

To perform at a high enough level to actually get that $50 million contract, obviously you would have to love the game, at least at first. But I can honestly say that I wouldn't stop unless I had to, for health reasons, or because no one would call my agent up about me.

I mean, think about actors. The biggest stars in Hollywood make between, what, 10-20 million bucks a movie? And yet, they don't just disappear with their earnings. They normally don't stop making movies until there is literally no demand for their work (and usually long after :ols:).

Now, I know that this is very different because you aren't putting your health on the line everyday, but it is still an emotional, yet high-grossing, career that most people don't lose the passion for, despite their huge bank accounts.

Archived