Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Hellie Twitter: Clinton Portis, Brian Westbook quotes 6/12/10

GenMgr

That really irritates me for some reason. I can understand it, but you ought to have a better internal drive than that. His performance and attitude last year still bothers me a bunch. Right now, I am skeptical. He's the bum he was last year until he proves otherwise.

The thing about a statement like this is that it makes me wonder if the moment things don't go right during the season if all his new found "motivation" and "want to" will evaporate.

To a large degree, it has to come from within you.

That really irritates me for some reason. I can understand it, but you ought to have a better internal drive than that. His performance and attitude last year still bothers me a bunch. Right now, I am skeptical. He's the bum he was last year until he proves otherwise.

The thing about a statement like this is that it makes me wonder if the moment things don't go right during the season if all his new found "motivation" and "want to" will evaporate.

To a large degree, it has to come from within you.

yup it just proves that he has become a spoiled rich b**** with a weak constitution.

After all the hoopla and hope (2 playoff appearances in 4 years) during Gibbs II, things sure looked bleak here after the first half of 2008.

CP carried the team during those playoff runs. Especially 2005. I'd give him a pass for feeling like things were hopeless during the Zorn / Vinny circus.

That really irritates me for some reason. I can understand it, but you ought to have a better internal drive than that.

let me give you a football and say run through those 5 defensive players..and oh yeah there are no O lineman to help you. do that 20-25 times a day and tell me you will be back tomorrow for more....aint gonna happen!

let me give you a football and say run through those 5 defensive players..and oh yeah there are no O lineman to help you. do that 20-25 times a day and tell me you will be back tomorrow for more....aint gonna happen!

are you going to give me as much money as CP gets?

'Cause I would consider it then and I'm only 5'6" 140lbs.

If you feel that way and lost your fire. Leave. Quit. Retire. You certainly don't the money and if I'm your employer it doesn't really help me to have you half arsing it the way CP did for the last 18 months.

Quinton Ganther broke more tackles in one game than Clinton did in all of 2009. Think about that. The only guy who looked worse running with the football on the whole team was Casey Rabach. Heck, I still remember that play where he finally busted it... you know that play that accounted for more than 20% of his season total, the one where he got a block 70 yards down the field and couldn't figure out a way to get to the endzone because he was so out of shape he'd rather lie down than make a move.

Portis just quit last season?

What a shocker.

Why wasn't this guy traded 3 years ago, for a RB by committee approach?

We would have a better line, or top WR right now.

Is there a good reason why he wasn't traded? Or just a lack of intelligence with our FO?

I see both sides of this story. There's a legit argument on both sides. I would not go as far as call him a bum he has done so much for this team for years. I still support CP and believe he is going to have a great season. He got a little off course last. The page has been turned now and there noting more you could have asked CP to do this off-season.

Portis just quit last season?

What a shocker.

Why wasn't this guy traded 3 years ago, for a RB by committee approach?

We would have a better line, or top WR right now.

Is there a good reason why he wasn't traded? Or just a lack of intelligence with our FO?

A concussion can definitely be faked as well as the ongoing symptoms...headache, blurred vision, vertigo, etc.

The season was a loss and Zorn stunk and so CP quit. It's obvious he did.

Now, the Redskins FO was a joke! It sucked coming to work because it was soooo 'F'd up! CP probably did get knocked out and have a concussion and had some lingering symptoms for a couple of weeks, but why comeback to work in only to get a career ending one with a lost season? Until something would change and make it worth putting your career on the line, why push to get back on the field at that point. AH pretty much quit too. Everybody got hurt and the only one that stayed in there and truly took it for the team was Jason Cambell....and he got traded. JC got traded because the new FO and new head coach knows JC is serviceable at best.

2010, CP is well rested. He will have fresh legs and renewed motivation. He very well could be in the top 5 and definitely is a top 10 RB with our starting OL in place. I am very confident and justified. The OL depth is the problem and I think makes or breaks CP and McNabb's production and ultimately the difference between being over or under .500

HAIL!!!

I see both sides of this story. There's a legit argument on both sides. I would not go as far as call him a bum he has done so much for this team for years. I still support CP and believe he is going to have a great season. He got a little off course last. The page has been turned now and there noting more you could have asked CP to do this off-season.

His career is not deserving of the title bum. Last year, he was a bum.

If money was really all he cared about, then he'd have no problem shutting his mouth and doing what he is asked... but he actually wants to win. could you imagine being here the last year and a half while you have a complete understanding abuot the shelf-life of running backs? i dont think anyone would want to finish their career with that coaching staff and FO.

Archived