Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Packing Them In: Ranking NFL Team's Attendences

airs0ft3r

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/403287-best-nfl-fans-bases-based-on-attendance#page/8

"Washington has an excuse in the fact that technically, they have the biggest stadium in the league. If we were ranking based on average attendance, the Redskins would be number two in the league, behind the hated Cowboys. But because of the size of their stadium, they were only able to crack the 26 spot."

Just thought this was very interesting. I don't attend games myself, so I can't comment too much, but I always thought our games were sold out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/403287-best-nfl-fans-bases-based-on-attendance#page/8

"Washington has an excuse in the fact that technically, they have the biggest stadium in the league. If we were ranking based on average attendance, the Redskins would be number two in the league, behind the hated Cowboys. But because of the size of their stadium, they were only able to crack the 26 spot."

Just thought this was very interesting. I don't attend games myself, so I can't comment too much, but I always thought our games were sold out.

The General Admission seats are sold out...or at least some of us believe the Redskins and the NFL when they say that. We are pretty sure the club seats and other premium seating were definitely not sold out.

"Attendance" and "sold out" mean two different things. Attendence is how many bodies actually went to the game. Sold out refers to tickets being sold. Last year, the Skins were so horrible, especially late in the year, that a lot of people chose to stay home or not buy tickets from brokers who owned the seats.

I don't believe the numbers most pro sports teams publish for attendance, or supposed sell outs. I think they manipulate the figures to satisfy marketing needs. MLB is the worst offender.

The Nats claim 15-25,000 for most games. If you look around, you know its BS.

This article tries to highlight NFL attendance but what it actually did was highlight the disparity in Stadium seating per metropolitan area. What needs to change is the seating capacity of stadiums with smaller markets or close vicinities of other NFL cities.

For instance, no stadium in Florida should be over 60,000 seats because of the tropical atmosphere and the fact that the cities (Jacksonville, Tampa, & Miami) are only 4 hours apart. Take Jacksonville.... why does their stadium seat more people than almost half of the other NFL city stadiums including Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Oakland,Seattle, Detroit, Chicago etc???? Jax population is no where near the same as those other markets, and the city is in Florida so there is alot more stuff to do down there. Actually, attendance wise the Jags were better than the Lions and the Raiders but all you heard last year about lacking attendance was the Jags..lol I tell ya, the media just copies story after story without doing much research. Just like everyone talking about Cowboys Stadium being Jerry's World and it having the capacity to hold 100,000 including standing room only terrace areas. Blah blah blah.. Every stadium in the league could open up their terraces or put metal bleachers in the endzone to increase their capacity if they wanted to but its a waste of time.

At the end of the day, everyone knows that we have the 2nd largest stadium in the league and have the longest season ticket waiting list. So the Redskins will never lose money regardless of how many people decide not to come to games because the team sucks.

Two things.

1) Our games have all been sold out for 300 some odd games. This does not mean that everyone was there. This just means that every ticket was "sold." A lot of times any remaining tickets will be bought up by someone related to the organization just to get a sell out. This is probably the case. Either way we technically have sold every seat at every home game for a LONG time.

2) These rankings mean nothing to me and heres why. So we would be number 2 based on average attendance numbers but because our precentage is only 92% of our capacity we only make 26. Ok so, suppose the NFL blows up even more the Redskins become AMAZING, our fan base becomes RETARDED huge and we build a new stadium that holds 200,000 people. We only usually get 180,000 to each game. Thats only 90% capacity. So our attendence ranking would be even lower even though we would have more than DOUBLE the attendance of any other team on any Sunday????!?! Dumb.

Two things.

1) Our games have all been sold out for 300 some odd games. This does not mean that everyone was there. This just means that every ticket was "sold." A lot of times any remaining tickets will be bought up by someone related to the organization just to get a sell out. This is probably the case. Either way we technically have sold every seat at every home game for a LONG time.

2) These rankings mean nothing to me and heres why. So we would be number 2 based on average attendance numbers but because our precentage is only 92% of our capacity we only make 26. Ok so, suppose the NFL blows up even more the Redskins become AMAZING, our fan base becomes RETARDED huge and we build a new stadium that holds 200,000 people. We only usually get 180,000 to each game. Thats only 90% capacity. So our attendence ranking would be even lower even though we would have more than DOUBLE the attendance of any other team on any Sunday????!?! Dumb.

AGREED. This is stupid. Really stupid. We have a giant stadium. So what if the club section doesn't sell out. Its frickin' expensive. If the redskins decided to lower those prices. It WOULD sell out. But they wont do that. Wait for a couple more years of mediocre Cowboys seasons. They'll have trouble filling that stadium, too.

The Nats claim 15-25,000 for most games. If you look around, you know its BS.

Are you kidding me? Five thousand would be optimistic for the games I've been to. Of course, baseball is not fun to watch so that's understanable.

Wait for a couple more years of mediocre Cowboys seasons. They'll have trouble filling that stadium, too.

Ehh I don't know, I think a couple of years wouldn't hurt their attendance too much.

That is completely stupid to have any team have over 100% and even dumber to have a team that is even 100% flat. But whatever makes the writer feel like he did something meaningful I guess. (must lower my common sense to cowboy lover level, VERY difficult.....)

It's just a stupid, nothing to write about, article. There's no story here. They admit that if we were going by pure attendance numbers the Skins are #2, and there aren't too many stadiums that have 100+ attendance, so until some of those 65K seat stadiums, that are ranked above the Skins, start turning people away at the gate, this whole thing is moot.

OMG article that doesn't blow sunshine up the Redskins' ass!

MUST DESTROY

Sometimes this board is as mindless as those that they criticize.

I don't think anyone was upset because the article didn't blow up sunshine up the Redskins' ass. It just seems inaccurate that we would be ranked 26 in attendance because we have a larger stadium i.e. because we needed one because we have more fans that want to come to games.

Archived