Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Pick Signing Thread

MGutta

It's that time again! As the Summer begins and training camp is on the horizon, our beloved Redskins have begun to sign the hopeful rookies they selected in April's draft!

Round 1 (4): Trent Williams - Unsigned

Round 4 (103): Perry Riley - Signed a multi-year contract on 6/18

Round 6 (174): Dennis Morris - Signed a 4-year contract on 6/11

Round 7 (219): Terrence Austin - Signed a 4-year contract on 6/16

Round 7 (229): Erik Cook - Signed a 4-year contract on 6/11

Round 7 (231): Selvish Capers - Signed a 4-year contract on 6/11

Notes per National Football Post (Links in contract):

The Washington Redskins have signed seventh-round offensive tackle Selvish Capers to a four-year contract, according to his agent, Andy Simms.

Capers received standard base salaries of $320,000, $405,000, $490,000 and $575,000.

Under the NFL slotting principle, it's believed that his signing bonus is in the neighborhood of roughly $50,000 for a total base value of $1.84 million.

At Capers' Pro Day workout, the 6-foot-5, 307-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 5.1 seconds, improved his vertical leap to 31 inches and turned in an 8-11 broad jump.

The three-year starter is a converted tight end who played in the Senior Bowl.

The Washington Redskins signed seventh-round offensive tackle Selvish Capers to a four-year, $1.84 million deal earlier today.

Now, the Redskins have announced four-year deals for sixth-round tight end Dennis Morris and seventh-round center Erik Cook.

Both received the standard base salaries of $320,000, $405,000, $490,000 and $575,000 along with signing bonuses in the $122,000 to $123,000 range for Morris and roughly $51,000 for Cook under the NFL slotting principle.

The Washigton Redskins have agreed to terms on a four-year deal with rookie wide receiver and kick returner Terrence Austin with a total base value of $1.85 million, according to a league source.

That includes a signing bonus slightly over $62,000.

Austin's contract includes a unique escalator clause for performance at wide receiver, returns and one that addresses both.

When reached by National Football Post, Austin's agent, Mark Magazu, confirmed a deal had been reached but didn't disclose figures.

"The Redskins were great to work with, very professional," Magazu said. "Terrence is excited and looking forward to the season."

At UCLA, the 5-foot-10, 172-pounder was a second-team All-Pac 10 honors twice as a kick returner and also returned punts.

Austin registered 1,192 career receiving yards and five touchdowns on 109 receptions.

He was the Bruins' third-leading receiver his senior year with 37 catches for 455 yards and four touchdowns.

He also had 2,145 kickoff return yards, averaging 24.1 yards per return each of his final two seasons.

Austin posted 1,192 career yards on 109 punt returns. He returned four punts for touchdowns as a senior with five for his career.

We told you Thursday that a deal was imminent, and this morning the Redskins and rookie linebacker Perry Riley have agreed to contract terms, according to a league source.

Riley, the fourth-round draft pick out of LSU has looked good at off-season practices and could provide the Redskins depth at the inside linebacker position. Riley, who stands 6-foot and weighs 238 pounds, started 22 college games and played a role in 185 tackles with two sacks, and two interceptions. He registered 13 stops for loss.

He grew up a Redskins fan and when the he was drafted, said it would be a "dream come true" to play in Washington.

Riley's signing means that left tackle Trent Williams is the lone Redskins' rookie who has yet to sign a contract. Don't expect one until Williams signs with a new agent, which won't happen until at least early next week.

I'm glad Cook (signed)

Capers is a beast, good pick.

"The Hitman" Erik Cook is too, a monster: 6'7", 318lbs and only 22yo. He's played tackle, guard and center in college. He allowed just one sack on 470 passing plays and was penalized once in 836 plays. And homie can back flip:

You all probably already know this, but I found some interesting tidbits on the guy. Obviously his measurables are very good for a 7th round pick, but a lot of draft analysts labeled him the steal of the draft. Apparently he fell because of his strength, but that is something that can be fixed. One scouting report had him slotted as a starting right tackle by 2011 or 2012.

You all probably already know this, but I found some interesting tidbits on the guy. Obviously his measurables are very good for a 7th round pick, but a lot of draft analysts labeled him the steal of the draft. Apparently he fell because of his strength, but that is something that can be fixed. One scouting report had him slotted as a starting right tackle by 2011 or 2012.

TR,

Where did you get these info? I would like to read the whole article if possible.

Thanks

I'm glad Cook and Morris got signed too. I wonder what the details of their deals are? The OP should rename this thread and have it be the Official Draft Pick Signing thread

Yeah, I'll do that. I did the FA one too, but I took a month off from that to focus on finals... I'll update that after this.

Archived