Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official England to win world cup thread

Englands Team

They might be a complete bunch of under-achievers with no real history to live up to match the ridiculous expectation; but that "any good sports" thing is a little insular when that sport is the WORLD'S most popular.

Hail.

Friends was quite the popular TV show while it was running. Doesn't mean it was any good. ;)

I'll be rooting for England when the US gets eliminated

You may do better than us. You had a good result last year against Spain and are clearly becoming a stronger team.

The US will be Englands toughest rival in the group stages and once it gets to the knock out stages anything can happen. Once tomorrows game is over I will be cheering for the US but until then let's talk trash.

:saber:

I'll be rooting for England when the US gets eliminated

Like UK_HOG said above, if the US can beat England tomorrow and take that momentum to top the group, they could well go further than England, or at the least go out at the same stage as them.

If England were to lose to the US, and finish runner-up, I wouldn't fancy their chances against probably Germany in the first knock-out stage. Not that the Germans are any great shakes, and that's a contest that means so much more than mere sport; but it's the Germans. Who hold a hoodoo sign over the English. And it's the World Cup Finals. And the ******* always find a way.

Hail.

You may do better than us. You had a good result last year against Spain and are clearly becoming a stronger team.

The US will be Englands toughest rival in the group stages and once it gets to the knock out stages anything can happen. Once tomorrows game is over I will be cheering for the US but until then let's talk trash.

:saber:

If we beat England tomorrow it will be one of the most exhilarating moments of my life to date. I will celebrate quite vigorously.

Here's to kicking your ass! :cheers:

If we can play consistently well like we did against Spain and Brazil for a half..... You dont have a chance. :D

Agree that this might not have been the best timed thread in the world ever :)

I too will be rooting for the US after tomorrow all the way to the final where it would be nice to meet again :)

I think there are probably four or five teams with a better chance than England to win it (Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Italy and Spain). Won't stop me believing though!!!!!!!!!

If we beat England tomorrow it will be one of the most exhilarating moments of my life to date. I will celebrate quite vigorously.

Here's to kicking your ass! :cheers:

If we can play consistently well like we did against Spain and Brazil for a half..... You dont have a chance. :D

I disagree. How the US play isn't as important as how England play. You can play out of your skins (like you did against Spain) but if England turn up right - we'll win.

Shut up Nigel.

Anyone fancy explaining this? :wtf:

I disagree. How the US play isn't as important as how England play. You can play out of your skins (like you did against Spain) but if England turn up right - we'll win.

Zip it, Bottomtooth.

bottomtooth.jpg

*No seriously, I need you to zip it. I'm already running out of British cartoon pictures to use for comebacks.:ols:

Anyone fancy explaining this? :wtf:

Aint happening. If the US plays their game consistently as they did against Spain, England will not win no matter if they are on their game or not. :saber:

Archived