Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going in for Septoplasty tomorrow... Pic included!!!

polywog999

This is a picture of my deviated septum.

26254_1232302444251_1129844029_30540316_5061323_n.jpg

Frightening, isn't it?

I had a sleep study that I did at home. I have mild to moderate sleep apnea, It causes me to stop breathing and I luckily always wake up.(though some people might wish that I wouldn't.)

Tomorrow they are giving me a septoplasty and turbinectomy, I am getting put to sleep for an hour and then I am going to complain a lot and be loopy.

I can't eat or drink anything 8 hours before surgery. Hope I don't raid the fridge tonight. :silly:

Well anyhoo... wish me luck.

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious because my otolaryngologist recommended that for me some time ago, but I haven't made it a priority. Especially when I read about how they doe the surgery and the pain afterwards including having plugs up your nose for a while, very uncomfortable to say the least.

Makes me wonder why people voluntarily subject themselves to plastic surgery.

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious because my otolaryngologist recommended that for me some time ago, but I haven't made it a priority. Especially when I read about how they doe the surgery and the pain afterwards including having plugs up your nose for a while, very uncomfortable to say the least.

Makes me wonder why people voluntarily subject themselves to plastic surgery.

Thank you China! I'm not worried, I'm a tough old goat! I should be breathing much better in a short amount of time.

I didn't breath out of my right nostril for about 15 years and my left one wasn't all that good either (busted the crud out of my nose wrestling in high school as well as other shenanigans). I got the septoplasty done about 10 years ago now and it was WONDERFUL. I slept much, much better, things tasted better and I just felt like I had a whole lot more energy all the way around.

You'll find that prior to surgery you'll experience the only legal use for cocaine (least I did). Then a week or two looped on perkies praying to whatever God you believe in that you don't sneeze. I did once and I think my body understood that it couldn't let that happen again because, thankfully I didn't.

I am out of the hospital and doing great! I am not in any pain. Have some pics in a little while!

Good to hear, man. Glad all is going as well as possible.

Small word of advice. Stay ahead of your pain. Take your meds even if you don't think you need them. It's hard to get caught back up once you start hurting.

Hopefully your recovery will be as pain-free as possible. Be well!

LOL! Remember there are kids on here! Please edit!

Woke up at 2:00 AM... so did my kid. no rest 4 dad!

7:07 AM... evidently there was some kind of problem on the table where I was not using my lungs enough. They had to give me lots of oxygen when I woke up.

I remember that I could hear panic in the nurse's voice.

I am good this morning except for my throat. They had to put a plastic tube down my throat because of my sleep apnea! I still am not breathing 100% correctly. They sent me home with some funny looking breathing device.

Been using an Ice pack and taking the pain meds sparingly. :point2sky

10:40... broke down and took half of my meds. Feel a bit better, my neck is sore, though!

Finally got a couple hours to rest. Back now, to watching my kid....

Archived