Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Wooden passes

Burgundy Burner

Now he is with his wife once more. The love for the game of basketball didn't even come close to the love that man had for his wife. He is now happy once more. Rest in Peace coach you will be missed.

Now he is with his wife once more. The love for the game of basketball didn't even come close to the love that man had for his wife. He is now happy once more. Rest in Peace coach you will be missed.

There was a story on ESPN a few months ago, maybe a year ago, about he and his wife. Their's was UNCONDITIONIONAL LOVE.

Coach, you're with Nelly now :)

RIP

Hearing Bill Walton on "Mike & Mike" tell stories about Coach Wooden was always a joy...in an era where so many people try to tear people down...he was one of the very few people I never heard anyone ever say an unkind word about.

Hail & Farewell.

“I had hoped to take the job at the University of Minnesota, but a snow storm knocked out telephone lines there and they didn’t call back at 6 p.m., as they had promised,” he explained on his website. “UCLA called about fifteen minutes later and offered the job. I really wanted to go to Minnesota, but I thought they had changed their mind. Nellie and I hated to leave the Midwest.”
Dang.

An interesting tidbit: Wooden never liked the nickname "Wizard of Westwood"

First thing I did when I woke up : Go to LATimes.com. Read 6 page tribute to Wooden. It's very well-written and chronicles his life from beginning in the Midwest to the end. Strongly recommend.

Archived