Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George could fit with dallas very well..Jerry likes the long ball

emister1

That's why he signed Ismail and Galloway. Unfortunately the Rocket is hurt now. But, I think with the attitude and Receivers the Cowboys have, George could do well with these guys. I think if they do sign George, the cowpokes will game plan toward George's strengths. I will bank on that one knowing Jerry Jones. He has to much invested in galloway not to.

Any thoughts..

To be honest I don't see it. I could see it if Jerry were open to playing a QB that fits his scheme, but, he's dedicated and married to Carter. Despite players on the Cowboys backing Wright as a better option, Jones seems hell bent on playing Carter when he's healthy. If Jones relents to player wishes, you could see George surface possibly in Dallas because he would fit the strengths of that team. More likely though, I think you'll see him end up in Minnesota or St. Louis or even in Indy where he would be a clear backup and yet play in an offense he could succeed in.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Banks was signed because they liked the long ball. But they cut him in favor of a younger, more athletic QB prospect in Quincy Carter. Why would they sign George who is the same style QB as Banks, but is older and less mobile than Banks is?

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

----------------------

"I fear we've awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

- Japanese Imperial Admiral Yamamoto, after hearing that the Japanese declaration of war failed to reach the U.S. government before the attack upon Pearl Harbor

eMister, good to see you continue to say it like it is!

I think George and Minnesota are a good fit. I doubt the Pats need another head case. I think it's been there, done that with Indy......St.Louis is also possible, but you actually need to read the defense and run through your progressions in that offense as well....

The other scary thing about this episode and start to the season is that player quotes suggest doubt about the coaching staff and the system. Once this begins to happen, very bad things usually follow.

I can understand Marty wanting to implement his system and stick with it come hell or high water. It's what's made him a winner as a coach.

What I don't understand is the coaching staff's seeming inability / unwillingness to adapt to the defensive schemes. This is mind-boggling for a pro franchise.

------------------

The Truth shall set you free.

"The other scary thing about this episode and start to the season is that player quotes suggest doubt about the coaching staff and the system. Once this begins to happen, very bad things usually follow."

I would normally agree, except it really can't get much worse.

------------------

ShonyX

Archived