Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Montgomery - 7th pick in UFL Draft

GrooveOverdose

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Anyways, I was looking around FanHouse and saw this:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/06/03/2010-ufl-draft-includes-handful-of-nfl-veterans/

Round 2

6. Omaha -- Chike Okeafor, LB/DE

7. Hartford -- Anthony Montgomery, DT

Anthony Montgomery was drafted in the UFL as the 7th pick. I thought it was interesting enough to post.

I wish the whole league success. I just hope they git rid of the funky uniforms. I'm okay with them going with futuristic jerseys, but you don't need to have all the teams using different combinations of the same gunmetal, nuclear orange, and highlighter green.

But 5 teams isn't nearly enough.

];7567839']I wish the whole league success. I just hope they git rid of the funky uniforms. I'm okay with them going with futuristic jerseys' date=' but you don't need to have all the teams using different combinations of the same gunmetal, nuclear orange, and highlighter green.

But 5 teams isn't nearly enough.[/quote']

Agreed on the uniforms.

Also, they are slowly phasing in teams so that (hopefully) the talent is not spread to thin throughout the league, making it hard to watch.

Personally, I'd love for this league to have success, grow, and become sort of a farm system for the NFL, where guys can move up and down throughout the season and offseason (I know that the seasons are different parts of the year right now haha). Just like baseball has.

Has anyone watched? I personally haven't. Is it more like Arenal football or the NFL? I have to assume its more like the NFL, due to reading articles before its first season actually opened, discussing the eventual possibility of what I wrote above, happening.

When will other leagues just give it up and stop trying to compete with the NFL? Only the AFL (and to some extent the AAFC in the 40s) have been able to make a dent in the NFL. My belief is that the NFL will eventually expand again with 4 more teams. Then you'll have 18 teams in each conference with 3 divisions of 6 teams in each division. Los Angeles might end up with 1 or 2 teams if they build a monster stadium and then probably Toronto (depending on if the Bills go there), maybe Mexico City, or Salt Lake City.

When will other leagues just give it up and stop trying to compete with the NFL? Only the AFL (and to some extent the AAFC in the 40s) have been able to make a dent in the NFL. My belief is that the NFL will eventually expand again with 4 more teams. Then you'll have 18 teams in each conference with 3 divisions of 6 teams in each division. Los Angeles might end up with 1 or 2 teams if they build a monster stadium and then probably Toronto (depending on if the Bills go there), maybe Mexico City, or Salt Lake City.

Really? I dunno man, I think 32 teams is plenty. The NFL already has more teams than the other major sports leagues with 32, I think 36 would be just too much.

Archived