Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Madden observations...

Golgo-13

1) When you edit LaVar and change his name to "Arrington" the announcers actually call him by his name which I though was really cool.

2) Try using LaVar as your Tight End, he is AMAZING!! I was running over Bobby Taylor and Brian Dawkins with him. His hands are good too. Trust me, you will love it.

3) Coles is an absolute BAD ASS. The guy gets such great seperation from the dbacks. I love running him on post patterns and just burning people.

4) Trung actually does a half-decent job as the feature back, it seems like teams really like to key against the pass and it's easy to exploit that with audibles, etc.

I will post anything else as I think of it. Feel free to add any other cool stuff you guys have done or have noticed.

One thing I've noticed, the announcers make many more mistakes than in versions past.

I have the greatest madden season ever (for me) going on right now.

I am the Skins of course, I am playing on the middle difficulty level. The first game of the season, I was losing 31-10 to the Jets and I came back and won the game.

I am now 13-0.

The best game I've had was vs. the Dolphins. I was losing by 3 touchdowns in the third quarter but came back to win on the last play of the game to stay undefeated.

In 13 Games so far:

Ramsey has 4400 yards passing, 52 Td's 18 INT's

Coles, 1500 yards receiving, 20 td's 60 catches

Jacobs, 1300, 17, 69 catches

Gardner, 900, 15, 55 catches

Candidate, 800 yards rushing, 11 tds

Betts, 500 yards rushing, 6 td's

Bailey has returned 3 INT's for TD's

Arrington has returned 1 INT for a td

Morton has a ko for a TD and a punt return for a td.

Not bad. I lost to the Pats but won the other games up until game 4. I have it saved and am beating the Iggles 30-10 in the 4th quarter. I have sworn not to cheat and reset the game if I'm losing. Makes it much more fun when I'm honest about it. But trust me about Arrington as a TE, he is a beast. Makes Shockey look like Richard Simmons.

The best way to use Canidate, at least as I've found it, is to wait til the CPU defense is keying on the pass, and is playing in Nickel and Dime. Audible to a draw play or a counter, and you've got a 50/50 chance of taking it to the house.

Code - are you playing on Pro? I'm midway through an All-Pro season, and while I'm 5-2, my numbers are nowhere near that good.

Originally posted by Golgo-13

Not bad. I lost to the Pats but won the other games up until game 4. I have it saved and am beating the Iggles 30-10 in the 4th quarter. I have sworn not to cheat and reset the game if I'm losing. Makes it much more fun when I'm honest about it. But trust me about Arrington as a TE, he is a beast. Makes Shockey look like Richard Simmons.

I know what you mean, I have not cheated in any way as well. If I lose, I lose, I'm not going to let it bother me. So far, my games have been pretty realistic for the most part. I've put up 50 pts twice and 60 once and in all three cases, I was losing and had to go to an all passing attack/no huddle type of deal.

Please let this be an omen.

My first play against the Jets was a kickoff return by Morton. Took it to the house. Redskins up 7-0.

Kickoff to Jets. Minimal return. First Jets play. Pass, intercepted by Bailey for a TD.

Redskins up 14-0 less than one minute into the game. :D

The rest of the game was a shootout that I won easy. I forget the score. Ended that franchise because I got anoyed with the owners mode. (Simulated the season, the skins didn't do so good) Before I did however, I got one draft in. Picking ninth, I chose DE in round one, and DT in two. Picked up a very good TE in FA. In what I hope is another Omen, I simulated the season and went to the playoffs. :D

Random observations:

I hate the Skins playbook in 04. Too many bunches of recievers creating bunches of CBs and getting no seperation. Created my own with my custom plays last night and gave it a quick test. MUCH better.

Defenses are MUCH better in 04. Not only do they cover better, they they can be beaten better too. Catch the D off guard and you can get WIDE open.

I wanted to get a feel for the franchise mode so I simulated a few seasons. The off seasn sched. is different.

1) Ret. players

2) Re-sign players

3) Scout draft picks

4) Draft

5 FA

Draft has more specific and descriptive comments. Over all much improved.

That's all for now...

:cheers:

I agree with MadMike,

bunched up routes lead to too many int's.

created some deep pass plays and boom...

it lets our stud wr's get some separation and helps get one on one coverages to exploit.

beat philly 63-18...

beat tampa 70-35..

and that's on allmadden level.

even patrick johnson gets deep.

canidate is awesome as a runner and as a pass catcher in the flat. talk about a great safety valve.

jacobs on a really quick out is money too...8-10 yards automatic, unless you put a move on and hit the open field...then sky's the limit.

am I the only one that runs a shotgun 4wr 1 back set all the time???

of course i mix in a few running formations...

Archived