Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hotels in NY/NJ

renaissance

I'm trying to plan a trip to NY for July 10-11 and would like some advice on hotels. We're going to the Red Bulls (soccer) game which is located in Harrison, NJ (beside Newark), but would like easy access to Manhattan that Sunday for the World Cup final. So my requirements would basically be that the hotel has cheap/free parking, easy acess to Harrison and Manhattan (anywhere on the PATH would work), and allows me to walk around at night without getting knifed (aka, I don't want to stay in Newark). Anyone have a suggesstion?

I'm trying to plan a trip to NY for July 10-11 and would like some advice on hotels. We're going to the Red Bulls (soccer) game which is located in Harrison, NJ (beside Newark), but would like easy access to Manhattan that Sunday for the World Cup final. So my requirements would basically be that the hotel has cheap/free parking, easy acess to Harrison and Manhattan (anywhere on the PATH would work), and allows me to walk around at night without getting knifed (aka, I don't want to stay in Newark). Anyone have a suggesstion?

Try Jersey City or Hoboken. They are both on the PATH and are not as evil as Newark, or as expensive as Manhattan. I don't have a specific hotel for you though. BTW in Manhattan there is no such thing as cheap/free parking even at the hotels.

I'm no help if you want to stay in the city. If you want to stay in NJ, I can help.

Don't stay in Harrison. (you knew that already)

The Jersey City/Hobo idea is a good one. There's tons of bars & restaurants in Hoboken, and you can walk around without fear of pain all night.

I've never stayed in a hotel in either town, but I know the areas very well, so I can help you out to at least make sure you're in the good part.

Try Jersey City or Hoboken. They are both on the PATH and are not as evil as Newark, or as expensive as Manhattan. I don't have a specific hotel for you though. BTW in Manhattan there is no such thing as cheap/free parking even at the hotels.
I'm no help if you want to stay in the city. If you want to stay in NJ, I can help.

Don't stay in Harrison. (you knew that already)

The Jersey City/Hobo idea is a good one. There's tons of bars & restaurants in Hoboken, and you can walk around without fear of pain all night.

I've never stayed in a hotel in either town, but I know the areas very well, so I can help you out to at least make sure you're in the good part.

Haha, don't worry I didn't expect to stay in Manhattan, just wanted to make sure I can get there easily. So yea, I was thinking Hoboken or somewhere nearby. I'll take a look in that area. (I've been to the boken but never stayed in a hotel there)

Edit: Also, I've only ever driven up there on Friday nights. Anyone know if there is a ton more or less traffic going up on Saturday mornings??

Sheraton in Weehawken. You can take the ferry to 38th street from right down the street. The hotel is RIGHT on the Hudson -- the views are great. From 38th Street, they have free shuttle busses to the theatre and Times Square district. We LOVE staying there -- and the beds are COMFY as hell!

Here you go:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1177

Archived