Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Snyder considering Super Bowl committee

JimmiJo

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=3555

Snyder considering Super Bowl committee

Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder said the team may reform its dormant Super Bowl committee that twice failed after New York was recently named as the first outdoor cold-weather venue.

“I think the experience in New York hopefully will be very helpful,” Snyder said. “If we can get our gear up again for a Super Bowl committee – last time we had Sen. Fred Thompson chair for us, the mayor – we’re ripe to get one in the future.”

New York will host the 2014 game after edging Tampa and Miami in the fourth round of voting by NFL owners. Snyder twice tried to gain the 2006 and 2007 Super Bowls through a 28-member committee that included a diverse panel of Jack Valenti, Michael Steele and Jim Kimsey.

Snyder offered no timetable on gaining the game, saying, “I don’t think it will be that long.”

Click the link above for the full story...

You guys who go to FedEx know better than I do, so I'll ask you: can the stadium and its grounds support something is gigantic as the Super Bowl.

The infrastructure is there, but the facilities will need hundreds of millions in improvements it the league is going to consider it.

Fedex is such a pos and in the middle of no where that I doubt the League will award us the Super Bowl if its going to be played there. However, when the new stadium is eventually built back in DC where RFK is (because we all know Danny wants Fedex's successor there, and the city wants Fedex's successor there, so it will eventually happen), then I think our chances will improve tremendously.

Snyder should just hold off on trying to get the SB, concentrate on paying off FedEx, and try start building a new state-of-the-art stadium over RFK sometime in the next decade (is it possible to pay off FedEx that soon??). DC United should have their own stadium by that time anyway.

Then all the DC sports teams would have nice, modern facilities and be winning championships right and left with likes of OV, Strasburg, John Wall, and (insert name of Skins HoF QB post-McNabb)! :drooley:

Snyder should just hold off on trying to get the SB, concentrate on paying off FedEx, and try start building a new state-of-the-art stadium over RFK sometime in the next decade (is it possible to pay off FedEx that soon??). DC United should have their own stadium by that time anyway.

Then all the DC sports teams would have nice, modern facilities and be winning championships right and left with likes of OV, Strasburg, John Wall, and (insert name of Skins HoF QB post-McNabb)! :drooley:

This is the EXACT thing that I want. Don't rush it, Dan. That's how you got in trouble ON the field. Just let it happen once you open your new Jerry Killer!

This is the EXACT thing that I want. Don't rush it, Dan. That's how you got in trouble ON the field. Just let it happen once you open your new Jerry Killer!

Haha yeaman! That's another bonus--he can make everyone forget all about lil ol Cowgirls Stadium when he opens the beautiful, gigantic, modern, fan-friendly Jack Kent Cook Stadium right in DC.

Edit: Or Gibbs Stadium? JKC Stadium at Gibbs Field? How sweet would that be.

Haha yeaman! That's another bonus--he can make everyone forget all about lil ol Cowgirls Stadium when he opens the beautiful, gigantic, modern, fan-friendly Jack Kent Cook Stadium right in DC.

Edit: Or Gibbs Stadium? JKC Stadium at Gibbs Field? How sweet would that be.

Naw. knowing Danny its probably going to be something like Geico Field at Capital One Stadium.

If he could pull that off...

capacity yes, logistics no...too remote location (IMO) and not enough around the stadium. while a new stadium would be nice, I assume that if built the ticket holders would be stuck with the seat taxes and fees that are causing such problems for other teams. Lets make a super bowl before we worry about hosting one.

Lets make a super bowl before we worry about hosting one.

Thats the most logical thing I have heard all day. At least it looks like he isn't meddling with the team if he is to busy trying to get a Super Bowl here in DC (aka. maryland)

reminds me of a comment I read somewhere the other day. Something to the effect of: a DC super bowl in MD makes as much sense as a NY superbowl in NJ.

I honestly couldn't care less about hosting a superbowl at FedEx . . . It's not like we (the fans) would experience any of the benefits from it (unless of course the Skins happened to be playing).

Dan is currently doing the right thing by improving FedEx with the new HD Boards. Keep taking steps like that and maybe he could get his wish.

Shouldn't he be more concerned about making sure the team becomes a consistent winner on the field instead of stamping his feet because New York got a Super Bowl and he doesn't have one?

Hey, whatever keeps him distracted while Shanahan and Allen work, right? ;)

Fedex is such a pos and in the middle of no where that I doubt the League will award us the Super Bowl if its going to be played there.

I know the new cowboys stadium isn't a POS, but isn't it in the middle of no where too?

I know the new cowboys stadium isn't a POS, but isn't it in the middle of no where too?

I'm by no means an expert on the Pukes new stadium, but my impression was that it is much more of a self-contained place. Not just a big bowl with 90,000 seats stuck in it.

Dolphins Stadium (whatever the name happens to be this year) is all the way up off of exit 18 on I-95 in south Florida. That is nearly 20 miles from Miami, and another 10 or so from Fort Lauderdale. The new stadium at the meadowlands is in New Jersey swampland.

DC is close enough to FedEx to make it doable. The parties would be in D.C., and the press would stay there too.

Archived