Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Natalee Holloway Suspect Now Wanted in Murder of Peruvian Woman

Dan T.

There is only one way to reach justice in this case, its death! He needs to die, not put in jail and eat and sleep 24 hours a day and wait for his death penalty to arrive and die some what peacefully. He needs to die like he killed those two girls, that is only fair and I hope the girls father that is connected can get a prisoner in Jail to take care of that for him.

Peru is known to have some of the worst prisons on earth. I saw on TV the other night about the prisons there. It is hell on earth. Prisoners and hardcore gangs run the prison, not the guards. Supposedly, food is slop that is lowered in buckets to the prisoners. The hardcore gangs get the buckets first. The outcasts are left to scavenge remaining slop left in used buckets for food. HIV is rampant. There are no cells. There are like 30 X 40 rooms stuffed with 30-50 prisoners. There is no toilet, only a hole in the ground. Tons of hardcore violence.

The panel talking about it said Vander Sloot wouldn't survive long at all. They said he would end up dead.

In Peru there is no death penalty and the longest sentence that can be served is 25 years. On the bright side, the girl's father is well connected and you can be sure that he'll end up in prison there. Once he's in prision, he'll almost certainly be killed by the inmates.

Peru is known to have some of the worst prisons on earth. I saw on TV the other night about the prisons there. It is hell on earth. Prisoners and hardcore gangs run the prison, not the guards. Supposedly, food is slop that is lowered in buckets to the prisoners. The hardcore gangs get the buckets first. The outcasts are left to scavenge remaining slop left in used buckets for food. HIV is rampant. There are no cells. There are like 30 X 40 rooms stuffed with 30-50 prisoners. There is no toilet, only a hole in the ground. Tons of hardcore violence.

The panel talking about it said Vander Sloot wouldn't survive long at all. They said he would end up dead.

That's a REAAAALLLLLLL shame.

He wont make it 5 in a Peruvian jail. Joran better watch his VanderSloot while he is in the Peruvian clink,

That's just everybody's wishful thinking. That only works for the Jeffrey Dahlmers.

The Peruvians seem to be going out of their way to protect him from street justice by slapping a bulletproof vest on him wherever he goes, so who's to say they won't be as protective in prison, by isolating him from the rougher prisoners.

That's just everybody's wishful thinking. That only works for the Jeffrey Dahlmers.

The Peruvians seem to be going out of their way to protect him from street justice by slapping a bulletproof vest on him wherever he goes, so who's to say they won't be as protective in prison, by isolating him from the rougher prisoners.

Right now he's in a cell by himself, with only 2 other guys on his block.

If he's put somewhere after the trial, I'd expect that might change.

Then why do I keep reading over and over that the penalty will only be 15 to 30 years ?

As I understand it, Peru doesn't have a death penalty and the maximum sentence is 25 years (or something like that). Their prisons are about as bad as you could expect though, I wouldn't imagine any sort of solitary confinement or protection once inside. It's basically an "every man for himself" type of living situation I believe.

Why wouldn't they go out of their way to protect him? If he were in America we'd be doing the same thing. No government would want to see such a high profile detainee brought to justice by vigilantes before they could bring him to justice their way.

Once he's in prison, his death can be called an accident or something to that effect. The Peruvians can say they did their part to bring justice. Everyone is happy.

Then why do I keep reading over and over that the penalty will only be 15 to 30 years ?

15-30 years in a Peruvian prison is a long time.

consider:

nourishment, if your lucky you might get a scrap to eat. Or your family will have to send in food.

shelter: your lucky if you find a 3 sq. foot area to lay your head at night. But be careful and sleep with one eye open JVS. Your quasi celebrity status has painted a virtual target on your back.

security: better align yourself with the gangs, and/or become someone's ladyfriend. Peruvian prisons don't rely on the guards to much inside the prison for safety reasons. Then generally will relegate themselves to the perimiter towers and leave the interior to be policed by the prisoner's themselves.

So in essence, he's going to be dropped into a prison system and forgot about till the time comes for release.

He's in the vest because this footage is being broadcast worldwide and they still want information. He also has not been convicted yet and it's their responsibility to protect him while in their custody.

Peru can ill afford to commit resources to protect JVS.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2009/wha/136123.htm

Prison conditions were harsh for the 44,800 inmates, of whom 2,794 were women. The National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) operated 56 of the country's 71 active prisons, and the National Police of Peru (PNP) has jurisdiction over the rest. Prisoners with money had access to cell phones, illegal drugs, and meals prepared outside the prison. Conditions were poor to extremely harsh in facilities for prisoners who lacked funds. Overcrowding, poor sanitation, and inadequate nutrition and health care were serious problems. Inmates had intermittent access to running water, bathing facilities were inadequate, kitchen facilities were unhygienic, and prisoners slept in hallways and common areas for lack of cell space. Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS reportedly remained at near-epidemic levels. The San Juan de Lurigancho men's prison held 9,874 prisoners in a facility designed for 3,204.

Now it's my guess that JVS has had money problems since his father died. Since that time, there was the incident I heard about that he may be involved in traffiking of humans from SE asia.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/11/joran_van_der_sloot_accused_of.php

De Vries's new revelations are based on taped discussions van der Sloot had with someone in Bangkok. Van der Sloot, thinking he was talking with some kind of big shot in the Dutch sex industry, allegedly said he could get together travel papers for the girls, who would be told they were simply going to The Netherlands for dancing jobs.

Peter R. de Vries's new exposé -- broadcast Sunday night -- also stated that van der Sloot makes about $13,000 per girl delivered into Dutch prostitution. Van der Sloot reportedly stated on camera that the sex workers make only '300 dollars a month.'

And the attempted extortion of the Holloway family for 250K

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006773-504083.html

The United States Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama charged Joran Van der Sloot Thursday afternoon with extortion and wire fraud, saying the Dutchman promised information on Natalee Holloway's whereabouts in exchange for $250,000, reports CBS News affiliate WHNT in Huntsville, Ala.

So I doubt that Joran has much cash to keep the "wolves at bay" and his family will most likely help where they can but they still have to live their lives. JVS will not maintain any "preferred" status and Peru will see little reason to commit those types of resources for one prisoner.

Instead, I see them placing him into a system that is "relatively safe" in comparison to other Peruvian prisons. But that term in comparison to a US prison is still very dangerous to a prisoner.

A pretty detailed article about prisons in Peru.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/prison-in-peru-could-be-a-nightmare-for-joran-van-der-sloot/19517411

For now, van der Sloot is being held in his own cell at Miguel Castro Castro, not far from the prison director's office. If he is convicted of the murder charge, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison. Most of that time, Griffith said, likely would be spent in the "tourist section," where inmates from foreign countries are held.

"They try to keep the tourist section cordoned off so other prisoners can't get in, but during the course of your stay, you'll have to leave your dormitory and interact with other inmates," Griffith said. "You're going to have to go to the administration center, you're going to have guys coming in who shine shoes, bring drugs into a section, come in to prepare food, etc. Any one of these guys, for a $100 bill, will slit your throat. The prisoners would be lining up for the opportunity."

Griffith also pointed to other conditions at the prison, which he says make it anything but a paradise, as some news reports are suggesting.

"Approximately 500 inmates, including 135 women, have brought lawsuits against the guards in that prison for physically abusing them," Griffith said. "Recently, a new warden took over. He was murdered the first day on the job. So this is what we're dealing with. If they got to the warden the first day, can you imagine what could happen to van der Sloot? It's insane."

More at link...

Archived