Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL Network: Eagles Safety Marlin Jackson Severely Injures Ankle

kingdaddy

Reported today by Jason LaCanfora that newly acquired free agent Marlin Jackson seriously injured his ankle today and the Eagles are fearing the worst. The Eagles are counting on Jackson to start at safety and add stability in their secondary.

Jeez, hopefully its not as bad as first reported....it is JLC after all...you never wish this on a guy, not even a rival.

Well it was first reported as a knee injury, lol.

Obviously bad, because they are very up in the air with free safety. To be fair, no one knew if he could do it anyway...make the shift from corner to safety. Three major leg injuries in three years means we probably won't find out.

Sal Pal says:

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles starting free safety Marlin Jackson appeared to suffer a serious injury to his right leg at practice Tuesday. Jackson, who has a history of knee injuries, had to be taken off the field in a cart. The Eagles are officially calling Jackson's injury a right ankle injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5239640

Tweet from Schefter:

Eagles said DB Marlin Jackson, who was injured during today's practice, has a ruptured Achilles tendon. Awful, just awful

Beckham was talking about his ruptured achilles tendon, said he could feel it come off the bone and shoot up the back of his leg.

This has to be just about the most common injury in World wide sports were running and jumping is involved.

Unlucky for the dude to lose a year, but he'll be back in '11, and still only be 27.

Can't say I'm personally too disappointed, as this is pro sports, and ANY advantage you can get over a rival is not to be sniffed at. Rightly or wrongly, that's the nature of the game.

Hail.

This has to be just about the most common injury in World wide sports were running and jumping is involved.

Unlucky for the dude to lose a year, but he'll be back in '11, and still only be 27.

Three leg injuries in three years? Don't see him back in '11. It was a reach for him to start anyway. Most likely he's cooked.

Are the Eagles in "get Atogwe at any cost" mode now?
They'll go hard after Atogwe now.

I doubt it. They've never been a team to get into a bidding war in FA, and they just drafted Nate Allen, a pretty highly touted FS in a very strong S class, in the 2nd round.

Can't say I'm personally too disappointed, as this is pro sports, and ANY advantage you can get over a rival is not to be sniffed at. Rightly or wrongly, that's the nature of the game.

Hail.

Ruptured achilles is in no way the most common injury.... ACL tearing is more common than ruptured achilles. It's pretty damn hard to tear it.

Usually you'll see severe tendonitis before something of this nature occurs unless there's a huge impact to the tendon. Even then as far as ankle./foot injuries go sprains, turf toe, and even plantar fasciitis are more common.

I doubt it. They've never been a team to get into a bidding war in FA, and they just drafted Nate Allen, a pretty highly touted FS in a very strong S class, in the 2nd round.

My guess is they stay with the Macho Harris, Demps, Allen and hope for the best.

That's too bad. I hope the guy can recover and come back strong.

My gut's telling me this is going to be a bad year for the Eagles. They were thin at safety before, now they're in trouble. Especially if they're just going to "stick it out" with the guys they have. Harris stinks, Allen is a rookie, and Demps is the other guy who didn't play well enough to take over the job last season (Sean Jones was the other one).

My guess is they stay with the Macho Harris, Demps, Allen and hope for the best.

That's my guess as well.

That's too bad. I hope the guy can recover and come back strong.

My gut's telling me this is going to be a bad year for the Eagles. They were thin at safety before, now they're in trouble. Especially if they're just going to "stick it out" with the guys they have. Harris stinks, Allen is a rookie, and Demps is the other guy who didn't play well enough to take over the job last season (Sean Jones was the other one).

I feel the same way. I can't shake the feeling that they aren't in for a good year at all.

:puke:

I like Allen, but no way he'll be ready. However, IMO this is a WC year at best, so maybe you start Demps and let Allen learn for the first 4-5 games, then put him in as you get close to midseason.

Honestly, this injury takes no one by surprise.

And it didn't matter who they put at free safety, because the defense is going to be horrible anyway. They'll get to see the young kid Allen with more playing time. Just like Kobb. But, oh yeah, they aren't having a rebuilding year. The front office said so.

They'll get to see the young kid Allen with more playing time. Just like Kobb. But, oh yeah, they aren't having a rebuilding year. The front office said so.

Ha!...... No i dont think there having a rebuilding year too. It's more like there going to have a growing up year!..... Is there even any one on that team mature enough to be even called a team captain?....

Archived