Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Team RB Rankings

MattFancy

-is MJD that good to place the Jaguars at spot #6
Sorry, I was distracted by your sig :hump:

Anyway, yes he is. Definite Top 10, quite possibly Top 5 RB, maybe even Top 3 behind CJ and AP.

Oh yea it might've been that if he just didn't improve his stats. But still, getting to 3.7 isn't much to brag about... haha. When you're built like that guy you should be able to jump forward and fall down for 4 yards

I know, you'd think so! That's why he's overrated. Or was. Now I don't think anyone's really talking about him as if he's great.

I think it's too funny when people say a 29 year old RB is washed up, Portis will still be a top 10 RB.

I'm really hoping that you're right, but age isn't what matters with RB's...its the number of carries they've gotten over their careers.

I'm really hoping that you're right, but age isn't what matters with RB's...its the number of carries they've gotten over their careers.

Which is why hopefully LJ can turn it on this season! More and more though, I'm reeeaal curious to see what CP does this year. Tons of people keep saying he's washed up and all, but WHEN HEALTHY I think he's still a top RB. But he's gotten increasingly injury bug-bitten over the seasons, so we'll see...

ATLredskins who's the lady??

I don't know who this lady is, but I just think its a cool gif. Gotta switch it up every month. And I like MJD, but having Rashad Jennings should place that combo somewhere in the top 15. Now Fred Taylor/MJD combo was deadly. Jaguars is like my #2 team. Gotta beat them this year though...

Don't sleep on Portis, Johnson, and Parker. All three of them can still play. All three of them can out run the defense straight to the endzone. People look at their age, and assume that they can't play at high levels anymore. All three of them each have a lot of experience, and all three of them can outrun the defense straight into the endzone.

Don't sleep on Portis, Johnson, and Parker. All three of them can still play. All three of them can out run the defense straight to the endzone. People look at their age, and assume that they can't play at high levels anymore. All three of them each have a lot of experience, and all three of them can outrun the defense straight into the endzone.

So, let me make sure I've got this...all three of them can out run the defense straight to the endzone?

Okay, just checking.

ATLredskins who's the lady??
I don't know who this lady is...
:nono: Neither of you has heard of Gina Carano? :nono:

MMA fighter, "Crush" on the short-lived American Gladiators revival, and general hottie :)

:nono: Neither of you has heard of Gina Carano? :nono:

MMA fighter, "Crush" on the short-lived American Gladiators revival, and general hottie :)

Yes that is one chick you dont wanna mess with....... I do believe she lost her last fight but oh well i think that she is done with it anyway..... Man it must take a mans man to date her!..... I'd give it a try tho!.... :D

29. Seattle Seahawks: The running back depth chart in Seattle is either a dream or a nightmare for fantasy football players. Someone is going to get lucky and draft the leading rusher from among Julius Jones(notes), Justin Forsett(notes) and Leon Washington(notes) and feel like he’s brilliant. Other people are going to get stuck with one of the other guys and be frustrated. Fact is, picking the best of this lot – which took a hit with the release of LenDale White(notes) on Friday – is like trying to distinguish among a basket of bruised fruit.

Is this article for fantasy football? If so, it's hard to argue. None of our backs will hold individual value in fantasy, but collectively, I expect rushing totals AT LEAST in the top half of the league.

That's the only mention of fantasy on the page, though, so I'm not sure. If these are objective NFL rushing predictions, then it's ridiculous.

The ranking MIGHT be a tad low, but not by much. The reasoning is sound. We've got 3 backs at or close to age 30, the age universally known to be when MOST running backs production starts to dramatically decline. Actually it's more like age 28. Look at LT, when he was 28 in 07 he had stats almost identical to Portis in 08, when Portis turned 28. It was straight downhill from there.

Shaun Alexander turned 28 in 2005 and had a 1900 yard season with 27 TD's and an MVP trophy. Following year he didn't break 1000. Year after that he was pretty much out of the league.

Point is, age catches up with RB's real fast. And all our guys are at that age. Also, last year not one of these guys had more than 600 yards rushing. Unless the Shanahan system really is magic there's a good chance all these guys are done.

Add in the fact that we don't have any young talented prospects on the roster, and the ranking is justified.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiSB6dOR2UboY2sESy3AkdJDubYF?slug=jc-rbrankings053110

Not sure about being the 3rd worst in the league. Yeah our guys are a little older, but when healthy, they are still very solid RBs.

well then, name the three teams that have worse RB's than the Skins. See this is the real problem with the Cerrato era, no foresight. The old regime thought everything was "fine" as long as you fielded 53 players every Sunday, ignoring long term needs like an aging O line and now an aging RB corp. The old regime would wait until it HAD to do something, like when they did not pick a DE and then had to trade for taylor when daniels went down, and the RB's is another example of that. true Parker & LJ where not old regime hires, but the new regime had to do it because of the old regimes lack of foresight that NFL RB's are usually only great for 3 years, then you need to start finding new ones.

Who?

Okay I looked him up. You're half-right....he is young. But what has he done in the NFL to make you think he is talented?

He was supposed to be a beast but got hurt in 2008. In his only game started he had 12 carries for 68 yds and 2 TDs before getting hurt. Alot of people were saying he would be a huge sleeper pick and when he got his chance he didn't disappoint. Look up some highlights of him at Arizona State. Shanny drafted him in Denver and now he's back with Shanny. Torain could easily be our RB of the future.

He was supposed to be a beast but got hurt in 2008. In his only game started he had 12 carries for 68 yds and 2 TDs before getting hurt. Alot of people were saying he would be a huge sleeper pick and when he got his chance he didn't disappoint. Look up some highlights of him at Arizona State. Shanny drafted him in Denver and now he's back with Shanny. Torain could easily be our RB of the future.

Oh, well I guess anything is possible.

But I guess you could see how anyone who isn't a complete Redskins homer might not factor that possibility into a preseason RB ranking list.

Yes that is one chick you dont wanna mess with....... I do believe she lost her last fight but oh well i think that she is done with it anyway..... Man it must take a mans man to date her!..... I'd give it a try tho!.... :D
Did lose her last fight.

I'd hit it :hump:

Though she'd probably hit me :kungfu:

Archived