Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP - Roy-Williams calls Dallas experience a nightmare

HapHaszard

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Roy-Williams-calls-Dallas-experience-a-nightmare.html&team=97

Is it too late for receiver to turn it around?

We’ve got a lot of respect for Roy Williams.

After he stiffed the pizza delivery guy on a tip, he walked in another man’s shoes to find out what the job was all about.

Now, we credit Williams for being brutally realistic when he assesses what has happened with his career since the Detroit Lions seemingly fleeced Jerry Jones in a deadline trade in October 2008.

“It’s been a nightmare,” Williams told Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports. “That’s the truth. I’m not going to hide from it. I understand the business. I thought (coming home to Texas) was going to be a dream. It’s been a nightmare.”

And if Williams thinks it’s been a nightmare for him, imagine how Jones feels. No matter what Williams does this season, he will pocket $13.5 million this season, the final amount of the $27 million guaranteed he received in a contract extension from the team after the deal. Talk about a bad investment.

Miles Austin emerged as the No. 1 target for Tony Romo sits to pee last season and then the Cowboys traded up in the first round to snare Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant. Factor in tight end Jason Witten, and Williams could easily be the fourth (or worse) target in this offense.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

Another nightmare for a over rated WR. Dallas went out and gave up too much for a guy that is a #2 or #3 at best because they thought he was a #1. Why do you think that Detroit gave him up so easily? They knew he wasn't as good as what they had already. Calvin Johnson is a better receiver than Roy ever has been or will be. So to all you Cowgirl fans, I don't feel sorry for you at all. Isn't kind of ironic that Jerry Joes overpaid for a player like Dan Snyder has in the past?

Heart ..... bleeding. :violin:.

Maybe it's time to look in the mirror and see just what the root cause of that "nightmare" is jack ass. Hell, with your excuse ridden lame ass tenure in Dallas, I'd of had someone with real promise like Ogletree starting ahead of you the end of last year.

Consider your self VERY lucky the crypt keeper gave up so much to get you and because of that, the stay puft marshmallow man that passes as your HC hasn't been able to bench your lame ass.

That said, long may the discontent continue down South. :D.

Hail.

Heart ..... bleeding. :violin:.

Maybe it's time to look in the mirror and see just what the root cause of that "nightmare" is jack ass. Hell, with your excuse ridden lame ass tenure in Dallas, I'd of had someone with real promise like Ogletree starting ahead of you the end of last year.

Consider your self VERY lucky the crypt keeper gave up so much to get you and because of that, the stay puft marshmallow man that passes as your HC hasn't been able to bench your lame ass.

That said, long may the discontent continue down South. :D.

Hail.

Hard to argue with this. I would like to, but it would get shot down in a hurry.

I do think Williams is the number 2 possession WR you sometimes want on a team, ala Keyshawn Johnson. Good hands, not very fast, and no threat to take it in every time. Well i should say by the time KJ got to Dallas.

The drafting and media exposure of Dez screams it loud to Crayton and Roy. Miles is alrite because he could be number 1 or number 2 by next year, but hey, a good career for an undrafted player so he doesnt have much to complain about.

If it turns out to be Miles, Dez and Ogletree, i wont complain this year. Well, just as long as one of them can have a better catch percentage than Witten.

Does anyone know what Detroit did with the draft picks they got from Dallas? While they certainly fleeced Jerry, it's not like they've done much with the picks they got, at least so far.

2009 1st round pick: Brandon Pettigrew, TE OK ST

3rd round: Derrick Williams, WR Penn ST

6th round: Aaron Brown, RB TCU

So the 3rd and 6th round picks haven't done much, Pettigrew has been a good TE (30 cathces, 346 yards, 2 TDs as a rookie with a rookie QB) that's started to develop well and was a good target for Stafford (their #1 overall in '09).

Hard to argue with this. I would like to, but it would get shot down in a hurry.

I do think Williams is the number 2 possession WR you sometimes want on a team, ala Keyshawn Johnson. Good hands, not very fast, and no threat to take it in every time. Well i should say by the time KJ got to Dallas.

I read somewhere that he's a 4.42 40 guy. If that's the case, that bum has really been dogging it....

I read somewhere that he's a 4.42 40 guy. If that's the case, that bum has really been dogging it....

might have been his combine, but thats a run you give your all.

He has been dogging it, i was just hoping Dallas would light the fire under his butt, but it seems its not going to happen and Jerry got busted on this deal.

As with any situation you either put yourself in, or are put in beyond your control, for the most part, it's what you make of it.

And he's made it a nightmare on himself by being one of the biggest trade busts in NFL history.

Roy Williams and Albert Haynesworth are evidence that spending too much money on one player on a team that requires 53 guys to pull together to win is a big risk that can backfire.

Better to depend upon the draft and then go into free agency and sign mid-tier free agents who are team-first vets.

Wow, you could have went all Haynesworth, but the Duckett debacle is far from that of Williams wastoid venture. Jones clearly was ripped-oft.

i thought that Haynesworth was a free-agent signing, so they didn't give up anything for him, well, except for boatloads of $.

Roy Williams and Albert Haynesworth are evidence that spending too much money on one player on a team that requires 53 guys to pull together to win is a big risk that can backfire.

Better to depend upon the draft and then go into free agency and sign mid-tier free agents who are team-first vets.

Ohhhhh, sort of like what we're doing now :)

Archived