Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Excited for 2010 looking at McNabb 2009

darrelgreenie

I came across this video on youtube video and wanted to pass it along to cure the offseason boredom:

**(Warning mute unless you want to hear bad profane hip-hop)**

6R7EB0ki4Hw

Watching this highlight reel i just couldn't help but get excited for the 2010 season all over again.

I know its a highlight reel but its evident that McNabb still has great feel in the pocket, is still a great playmaker, and still throws one of the best deep balls in the league.

I was and remain a Campbell fanPH2009092603435.jpg tocrying1.jpg

that was my QB, and i looked forward to seeing what he could become with more competent coaching.

But, looking at the video reminds that McNabb is already the QB that many hoped that Campbell could become.

The combination of McNabb + the offensive genius of the Shanahan's has me anticipating a Favre to Sidney Rice type improvement from Malcolm and Devin.

4531719109_7d6a96468b_m.jpg

4532354664_a1c6538fb3_m.jpg

Nice! McNabb immediately legitimizes the offense and the team from an "on the field" standpoint (Shanahan and Allen legitimized it from the business standpoint). I love the T.O. picture. Thank you so so much for incorporating that in your post.

As disappointed as I was in not having the leverage the Rams did to snag Bradford, McNabb sure was a good consolation prize.

I seriously can't wait to see the offense in action this year.

A HoF caliber HC calling the shots from the sideline, with a top end QB directing operations on the field. When was the last time we had that combo? Coach Joe and Ryp? (Not that I'd class Rypien as a top end QB, but he had one heck of a year the last Lombardi, and his deep ball was a thing of beauty.).

Two tight end sets, with the prospect of Cooley becoming Shanahan's new Sharpe; '08's wide out class being heavily involved, (watch for my man Kelly to step up and show why many had him down as the best receiver in that draft, and well worth the gamble on his knees. There's an early prediction for this year); and opposing D's having to play us honest again now we have a legit threat under center, which should all aid in opening up the run game. And I can't wait to see that in action under the new scheme if Denver under Coach Mike is anything to go by.

Excitement from the O. Excitement under center again.

Week 1 can't come quick enough.

Hail.

IMO, there's definitely reason to be excited about McNabb going into 2010. The guy has a lot of motivation after the trade and he's coming into an offense with guys who are generally just as young as the ones he had in Philly. The potential is there for many explosive plays from this offense with McNabb at the helm.

IMO, there's definitely reason to be excited about McNabb going into 2010. The guy has a lot of motivation after the trade and he's coming into an offense with guys who are generally just as young as the ones he had in Philly. The potential is there for many explosive plays from this offense with McNabb at the helm.

We might not have the speed Philly has on offense, but we have one of the best offensive minds in Kyle Shanahan, and one of the best football minds overall in Mike. We'll be hearing a lot of Hail to the Redskins coming from the FedEx speakers this year.

We might not have the speed Philly has on offense, but we have one of the best offensive minds in Kyle Shanahan, and one of the best football minds overall in Mike. We'll be hearing a lot of Hail to the Redskins coming from the FedEx speakers this year.

IDK i think we have plenty of speed at WR

DeSean Jackson 5'10-175 ran a 4.35 at the combine

Devin Thomas 6'2-215 ran a 4.40 (Thomas fast time was 4.31)

Tana still probably runs 4.3 or 4.4 at the worst

Joey Galloway likely still has wheels 4.4 or better?

What happens when McNabb gets injured in the first several games? I hope Colt is ready to play and if not we have Grossman. I can't shake this nagging feeling that McNabb will play above all our expectations because the team has a good running game and capable WR's. We will see something JC just wasn't capable of producing with the same talent surrounding him (and I'll bet he fails in Oakland as well). That said, we'll all get excited and McNabb will have some freak injury and the season will be in the toilet.

And that is what worries me about the long term decision of getting vets and the win now mentality. I'd rather they picked up a young QB in the draft. Lets hope someone good is available in 2010 and the Skins have a good draft position to acquire him

...And "Touchdown, Washington Redskins!!!" on the radio.

excited for the year, the team got better when he was signed. Now the biggest objective is keeping him healthy....O line, good blocking backs and tight ends...he can get out of some trouble with his legs, but we need to prevent the type of beating that JC took last year. Some of that was his fault for holding the ball too long and not hitting the hot read, some was a jailbreak up front. If given some time he will be dangerous....

I think we're going to find that the OL is not alot better than it was last year, and that the OL was the big problem last year. When McNabb goes down to another jailbreak rush and is lost for the season, it's gonna be a real eye-opener for alot of people. McNabb got sacked alot behind a much better OL last year with the Eagles. And we still dont really have a running game that can take the pressure off of him.

So, I'm not terribly excited about this upcoming season.

I think we're going to find that the OL is not alot better than it was last year

We don't know this.

And we still dont really have a running game that can take the pressure off of him.

And we don't know this.

So, I'm not terribly excited about this upcoming season.

Come on, the additions of Bruce Allen, Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Haslett (who will be aggressive, if not a world-beater in terms of overall D-ranking), Donovan McNabb, and Trent Williams don't excite you a little?

What if the OL played at the league average level? Would that give you cause to be excited?

Bradford was the only QB worth drafting in this past draft. I was pissed about the McNabb trade because I knew it meant no Bradford. Once it became obvious Bradford wouldn't be attainable I began to warm up to McNabb he is a very good QB I worry about his health. McNabb does experiance cold streaks most notably when his sucky receviers are getting pressed, but I don't believe it will be as big a problem without air Reid's inability to run the ball.

Heres some play by play.

Voice of Larry Michael-

2nd and 8, Redskins are bunched in tight with 2 tight ends, Davis and Cooley.

Mcnabb is changing the play. Moss is the man in motion.

Mcnabb drops back and hands the ball of to Larry Johnson, Johnson flips it back to Mcnabb! Its a flea flicker!

Mcnabb throws it deep. Davis is wide open. He catches it, hes at the 15, 10, 5... Taken down at the 4 yard line.

Next play...

Redskins are packed in tight, Portis and Parker have checked into the game. Its a spilt back set.

Mcnabb hands off to Portis. No he fakes it and pitches it to Parker. Parker runs it outside and is IN FOR THE TOUCHDOWN!

Parkers first TD as a Washington Redskin and a important one at that. That TD gives the Redskins a 6 point lead with 40 seconds left in the game.

Next play after a Desean Jackson kick return out to the the 42 yard line.

The Eagles have no timeouts left. Kolb has to throw to the sidelines so the Eagles can stop the clock.

Kolb is in the shotgun. Redskins showing blitz with Chris Horton. Kolb drops back looking, looking... Great push up the middle from Haynesworth pushes the pocket, CARRIKER hits KOLB and the ball is loose!

Horton scoops up the loose football and taken down by Mccoy.

Next play.

Victory formation. This will be the last play of the game. Mcnabb taking a knee and sealing the victory. With that Mcnabb sweeps his former team.

Sonny Jurgenson- Andy Reid has to be regretting the move to trade Mcnabb.

And with that win the Redskins go to 6 and 4, Next week the Redskins travel to Tennessee. #1 rushing offense in the league versus the #1 Defense in the league. Can Haynesworth, Orakpo and company keep this great defensive momentum going? We will find out next week! Good night folks.

why is mcnabb all the sudden a great qb? he used to be a choker, injury prone, overrated, and inaccurate as all hell. and this was when he was younger with wheels.

Well, that was when he was our rival :silly::ols:

But really, most Skins fans have a hard time finding nice things to say about our rivals' players, even the good ones. McNabb was no exception.

Archived