Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

www.washingtonexaminer.com: Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill

Thiebear

Has nobody informed Speaker Pelosi she has been in charge for 4 years now? She's not the greatest in 100years if she can't own her time...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/pelosi-blames-bush-administration-for-bp-oil-spill-95175304.html

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.

From Talk Radio News Service:

“Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:

I missed the part in Obama's new-increase-in-off-shore-drilling speech that warned us of this, and took steps to correct it.

Apparently, the new boss thought the safeties and regulation were in place to make it safe to expand off-shore drilling.

Pelosi is a moron.

Has nobody informed Speaker Pelosi.......
Someone should tell her that the CURRENT leadership is suspect.....

......In New Orleans, former Clinton campaign strategist James Carville derided the president for being detached and lackadaisical. And from Pennsylvania, Gov. Ed Rendell pointed out that this is a matter of presidential style. “If Bill Clinton was president," Rendell quipped, "he’d have been in a wetsuit, you know, trying to get down to see the spill."......

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/05/bp-oil-spill-worst-in-us-history-political-fallout-for-obama-even-deadlier-as-gop-launches-powerful-.html

.....Although the stage for this debacle may have been set in the past, it was not done entirely in secret and its need for correction should not have come as a surprise. The fact that permits may have been improperly issued under the current administration, also calls for a more active and responsible role in the management of this current catastrophe.....

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/05/22/oil-spill-bps-crimes-and-obamas-lack-of-leadership/

Pelosi is a clown. I don't know that anyone disputes this. This certainly isn't the kind of issue to try and turn into scoring cheap political points.

Partisan BS aside, it'd be nice to just figure out a way to get it to stop leaking, and then work on containing it and cleaning it up, while punishing the people responsible. Is that so much to ask for?

Here's where I see truth in Pelosi's complaint. Government has been lax in pursuing and enforcing policies for years. The EPA is historically one of the most underfunded agencies in existance and it's almost always worse during a Republican administration. So, to the degree laws were not enforced and corporations got away with stuff... Bush and the agencies under the Executive Branch have some culpability.

Here's where I think she is a knucklehead. Her strategy for the last two years of the Bush Administration was to be compliant, more or less give Bush what he asked for, and close her eyes so that things would get so bad that a Dem sweep was inevitable. She put power before country and you can see the fruit of that in so many disasters that we are slowly trying to fix. She has blood on her hands in everything that has gone wrong today that the government should have had a role in and even moreso as Speaker.

Pelosi is a clown. I don't know that anyone disputes this. This certainly isn't the kind of issue to try and turn into scoring cheap political points.

Partisan BS aside, it'd be nice to just figure out a way to get it to stop leaking, and then work on containing it and cleaning it up, while punishing the people responsible. Is that so much to ask for?

Absolutely, and this is a huge point in favor of crowning Pelosi jerk of the decade so far.

Sadly, I think everyone is doing what they can do. It's just that we don't have the means to do much. That's why many enviornmentalists and liberals have been so squeamish about off shore drilling. I think the resources have been offered, the best brains are at work, and the oil spill is winning.

Here's where I see truth in Pelosi's complaint. Government has been lax in pursuing and enforcing policies for years. The EPA is historically one of the most underfunded agencies in existance and it's almost always worse during a Republican administration. So, to the degree laws were not enforced and corporations got away with stuff... Bush and the agencies under the Executive Branch have some culpability.

Here's where I think she is a knucklehead. Her strategy for the last two years of the Bush Administration was to be compliant, more or less give Bush what he asked for, and close her eyes so that things would get so bad that a Dem sweep was inevitable. She put power before country and you can see the fruit of that in so many disasters that we are slowly trying to fix. She has blood on her hands in everything that has gone wrong today that the government should have had a role in and even moreso as Speaker.

Burgold, I completely agree...

For the love of God, will someone shut this ***** up?

I'd settle for her to be voted out of office and have her fade into obscurity.

Nice to see she has her blame game strategy already in high gear! Hey Nancy why don't you just blame Bush for World War I or World Hunger while you're at it!

Of course it's Bush fault. Everything wrong in the Obama administration is Bush's fault.

Just like everything wrong in the next administration is Obama's fault. Everything wrong in Bush's administration was Clinton's fault.

That's the way it is.

It's actually environmentalists fault... If it weren't for the movement against arctic and other land based drilling, this mess wouldn't be happening. They have to drill a mile below the gulf which supports 100's of thousands of people lives and many species... If this was land based mess, the problem would be much easier to stop and in the arctic, there are fewer people and wildlife. Fewer lives impacted....

Nice job!

It's actually environmentalists fault... If it weren't for the movement against arctic and other land based drilling, this mess wouldn't be happening. They have to drill a mile below the gulf which supports 100's of thousands of people lives and many species... If this was land based mess, the problem would be much easier to stop and in the arctic, there are fewer people and wildlife. Fewer lives impacted....

Nice job!

The section of ANWR = a postage stamp on your living room floor, but no. Can't have that.

I'd settle for her to be voted out of office and have her fade into obscurity.

Nice to see she has her blame game strategy already in high gear! Hey Nancy why don't you just blame Bush for World War I or World Hunger while you're at it!

Unfortunately she works for the most liberal district in the U.S., therefore she may be in the House for life. I settle for removing the Speaker title from her.

I blame Predicto for the Pelosi dingbat scare.

:laugh:

In her defense, she is not the only blaming the previous administration.

As long as she wants to accept the blame upon herself at the same time, just as Obama did during his press conference the other day then fine, blame Bush too, but to do otherwise is hypocritical and moronic. There are plenty of things to blame Bush for but if she is going to blame him for this lack of over-sight then she needs to accept her own blame while she's at it.

Nice job!

You're telling me that BP's cutting corners on their blow-out preventer was the fault of environmentalists? Give me a break, your line is straight from the Rush Limbaugh playbook, and it wasn't any more convincing when he said it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/18/rush-limbaugh-audio-when_n_580139.html

Archived