Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Operation Welcome Home MD

Destructis

http://www.operationwelcomehomemd.org/

Welcome our troops home. The group organizes people to greet service men/women as they return home from tours in Iraq & Afghanistan. Apparently BWI hosts the most flights of returning service personnel of any other airport in the US. They are greeted with applause, cheers and handshakes. They get a bag with water, snacks, thank you cards. It's all donated items from local businesses. More at the link.

I just found out about this organization. I plan on joining them. I hope it's ok to post this here. Maybe ES members could join people there to welcome our troops home.

http://www.operationwelcomehomemd.org/

Welcome our troops home. The group organizes people to greet service men/women as they return home from tours in Iraq & Afghanistan. Apparently BWI hosts the most flights of returning service personnel of any other airport in the US. They are greeted with applause, cheers and handshakes. They get a bag with water, snacks, thank you cards. It's all donated items from local businesses. More at the link.

I just found out about this organization. I plan on joining them. I hope it's ok to post this here. Maybe ES members could join people there to welcome our troops home.

Due to my location it would be hard for me to be there. However, I'm sure I can find a way to donate goods to this great cause. I hadn't heard of this group before. Thank you for posting this.

This is such a great gesture and much deserved one at that. These are the true heroes of our country. This OWH has actually grown over the years. Going to have to see if I can get some family and friends to go. It has even more meaning to us now that our son is in his 4th week of boot camp at Ft. Jackson.

He's always planned to join the Army. It is his dream to fly Apache's. He went to Florida tech the first semester this year, but decided he wanted the fast track to flight school and put his college education on hold. Can't tell you how proud we are.

Archived