Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeremy Shockey Hospitalized with "Seizure-like" Symptoms

terpskins10

Anyway, so i was over and msnbc.com and there was a news article about Jeremy Shockey... apparently he had a seizure or whatever.. and anyway almost everyone there was smacking him around accusing him of using drugs or something... Did i miss a press release or something?

i was just wondering what the hell seizure-like sypmtoms are????

i mean a seizure is pretty noticable what are the symptoms?? its not like a cold or something.. oh i have a sore throat thats a cold-symptom....what was he randomly foaming at the mouth and blinking alot???

either way i hope ole shockey gets better too!! dude is a beast, i like watching him play

i was just wondering what the hell seizure-like sypmtoms are????

i mean a seizure is pretty noticable what are the symptoms?? its not like a cold or something.. oh i have a sore throat thats a cold-symptom....what was he randomly foaming at the mouth and blinking alot???

either way i hope ole shockey gets better too!! dude is a beast, i like watching him play

Evidence of seizures does not always show visibly in the body. It is a brain condition. He may have just fainted, but not shown the symptoms you mention. My son was born premature and did have brain seizures, but did not show symptoms. They were caught after routine scans revealed them, and he was put on a Phenobarbital regimen for a few months. Phenobarbital is addictive, so when the problem went away we had to ween him off gradually for about another month.

Like mbws is saying (hope that your son is fully recovered!), there are many types of seizures. The two main ones that people see are grand mal (the convulsions) and partial complex (repetitive motions like touching buttons on the shirt, puckering and popping your lips, and a "lights on, but nobody's home" look on the face).

Like mbws is saying (hope that your son is fully recovered!), there are many types of seizures. The two main ones that people see are grand mal (the convulsions) and partial complex (repetitive motions like touching buttons on the shirt, puckering and popping your lips, and a "lights on, but nobody's home" look on the face).

Thanks, NC21. Yes he is fine. He is now 20, a Junior at UPenn and a volunteer firefighter.

The seizures you are describing brought to mind this clip.

well sorry if i offended ya, i was just wondering..your right though i says in the article i posted the second time that he was just feeling light headed.....i didnt mean to sound so insensitive to such a serious topic...

Archived