Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough with Michael Vick

fuji869

Being a Huge Virginia Tech Fan, I am a fan of Michael Vick. He did a lot to help put VA Tech Football on the map and I have been following him with the Falcons. But I am sick of hearing about him getting hurt, you would think the NFL is going to cancel the 2003 Season because he will be miss the first quarter of the season!

I know he is exciting to watch and very marketable but get over it. He is hurt and will return a few weeks into the season. I think the NFL is scared that he will lose some of his mobility and not be a exciting to watch, but Vick said he does want to be more of a pocket passer!

img6569510.jpg

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I am with you on that Fugi. And being a senior at Tech this year all I hear about is Micheal Vick. Honestly as far as I am concerned once you leave Tech and are not playing for the Redskins I dont care how you do. I hope you do well but lose to the Redskins.

And most likely once Vick returns I will be unable to watch Redskins games in Blacksburg because apparently more people in NRV wants to watch Vick and the Falcons. We'll see about that but as far as I am concerened nothing gets in the way of me and my Skins

.... And Bleed blue. How the HELL do you have 49 posts per day? Thats riddiculous. I am hooked on this site also but no way in hell will I ever even reach 5 posts per day

Originally posted by bleedblue

By the way how have the Hookies been since Vick left. I dont follow CFB that much.

2001 2 Losses lost to Florida State in the Outback Bowl

2002 4 Loses I think beat Air Force in the San Francisco Bowl

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

As for Hokie football the stars are lined up again this year for a Sugar Bowl run. A veteran defense, playmakers on offense, and hopefully some Randall/Vick magic and this team could be in New Orleans.

Vick will take his play to the next level and be great. But yeah the way it does sound you may as well cancel the 2003 NFL season because of this injury

Originally posted by Mick

Just curious tho, since I didnt see the injury. How does it differ from Theismann's injury ?

It was not as nearly as gross and Joey T's injury! :yikes:

He was scrambling and one of the Ravens grabbe him and as he went down his anckle got twisted. Clean tackle just the positioning on the leg.

It is getting as much aire time as the Theisman Injury!

Did Theisman break his leg twice in his career? At least that is what he said during the Titans game last night on ESPN. Theisman said he broke his fibula at some point and was ready to play again in 6 weeks. Of course, Joey T made is sound like he could have played a week later after taking a single aspirin for pain.... Unless he was just joking around about his compound fracture that ended his career?

The crisis in the NFL without Vick for a few weeks is overstated and built by the need for 24-7 cable content. Sh*t, Bowen's hit on Trung in practice was on Sportscenter about 5000 times. In addition the NFL marketing strategy is team oriented not star oriented like the NBA (credit for that comment to Wilbon on PTI). As a Skins fan, of course I have my favorite players, but if they are winning I could care less who's on the field or who got injured. I suspect most NFL fans are that way. On the other hand, lots of basketball fans just care about individual players and their performances -- MJ on a losing Wizards team all sell-outs and MANY games nationally televised. No MJ most likely few sell outs and little tv coverage

NFL l Season Cancelled - from www.kffl.com

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:20:33 -0700

ESPNews has learned that Paul Tagliabue cancelled the the 2003 NFL season late last night due to the broken leg Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick suffered Saturday, August 16 against the Baltimore Ravens. Tagliabue released a statement, saying "We regret having to do this, but Michael Vick is a football God and we cannot go on without him."

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

NFL l Season Cancelled - from www.kffl.com

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:20:33 -0700

ESPNews has learned that Paul Tagliabue cancelled the the 2003 NFL season late last night due to the broken leg Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick suffered Saturday, August 16 against the Baltimore Ravens. Tagliabue released a statement, saying "We regret having to do this, but Michael Vick is a football God and we cannot go on without him."

That is, I want a refund on my 2003 NFL Sunday Ticket and a refund for my Bears / Seahawks Tickets in October! :D

So you dont want to see any more news like this?

:cool:

Falcons | Vick Gone 8-10 Weeks - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:26:50 -0700

ESPNews reports Atlanta Falcons team doctors said six weeks would be the best-case scenario for QB Michael Vick (broken leg) to return to the field. However, they feel Vick will miss 8 to 10 weeks of action while he recovers from the broken leg he suffered Saturday, Aug. 16 against the Baltimore Ravens in pre-season action.

Originally posted by dcogan1820

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but have you looked at our schedule since this happened? I believe that we play the Falcons within the first four weeks. That means that all we have to do is shut down Doug Johnson. No Vick for us.....sweet....

Dude! I completely forgot about that! Wow we may go 2-4 instead of 1-6 now :twitch: :doh: :shoothead

Originally posted by dcogan1820

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but have you looked at our schedule since this happened? I believe that we play the Falcons within the first four weeks. That means that all we have to do is shut down Doug Johnson. No Vick for us.....sweet....

It should be an extra advantage, considering Spurrier knows ex-Gator Dougie Johnson quite well.

Yeah, I know, but not enough of a role to use his knowledge of Johnson to an advantage. He's not going to be game planning the D with Edwards. Edwards might consult with him to find out what an offensive mind might do in a situation. But he just doesn't seem to have the kind of grasp on defensive concepts to help that much.

Archived