Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports:RapidReports - OTA (26-May-2010)

Diabolo

WAS.gif1:23 pm Coach Mike Shanahan refused to comment on DL Albert Haynesworth's lawsuit from an excotic dancer who claimed Haynesworth impregnated her.

WAS.gif1:19 pm With P Josh Bidwell out, coach Mike Shanahan tried TE Chris Cooley at holder on field goals. "He's got good hands. It's something we'll look at," the coach said.

WAS.gif1:17 pm P Josh Bidwell, LB/DEAndre Carter and S LaRon Landry all had excused absences today.

WAS.gif1:16 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said he's talking to CB Byron Westbrook and trying to get him to convince his brother Brian, a RB, to join the Redskins. "But I don't know if it's working," the coach said.

WAS.gif1:14 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said the Redskins are still talking to free agent RB Brian Westbrook and waiting for him to make a decision.

WAS.gif1:13 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said after talking with WR Santana Moss about hgh link, he's unconcerned and expects "Santana to be vindicated."

WAS.gif12:16 pm WR Joey Galloway got a step on CB Justin Tryon, 13 years his junior, and made a catch. After the play, Tryon playfully bowed in worship.

WAS.gif12:10 pm QB Donovan McNabb doesn't look his sharpest today, struggling to connect with receivers underneath in 11-on-11 drills. He threw an INT deep, too.

WAS.gif12:04 pm WR Brandon Banks , undrafted rookie from Kansas State, is just 5-7 and is auditioning as a kick returner. He appears to have good hands, speed.

WAS.gif11:59 am RBs Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson and Willie Parker are competing, but Johnson appears to be in another gear.

WAS.gif11:58 am In response, DL and LBs are trying to strip every ball while also going for tackles. This wasn't seen much last year.

WAS.gif11:56 am Coach Mike Shanahan had declined to discuss which knee WR Santana Moss had scoped, but judging by the bag of ice Moss is sporting, it's his left knee.

WAS.gif11:54 am RB Larry Johnson's cutbacks are aggressive and fast. Even after play is called dead, he sprints to end zone.

WAS.gif11:53 am With defensive coordinator Jim Haslett placing a high priority on turnovers, he's screaming, "Get the ball!" on every 11-on-11 drill.

WAS.gif11:52 am After working on the side while rehabbing from a knee scope the first minicamp and OTA sessions, WR Santana Moss is on the field.

For recent updates

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/WAS/all_tags/today

WAS.gif1:16 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said he's talking to CB Byron Westbrook and trying to get him to convince his brother Brian, a RB, to join the Redskins. "But I don't know if it's working," the coach said.

I would be very interested to see what would happen if we went into training camp with Portis, Johnson, Parker, and Westbrook.

I would assume Westbrook would be a lock to make the team with his comfort level with McNabb but who knows really.

Thanks for the updates!

Good on Johnson; WTF on McNabb?

I'm wondering this myself. Maybe it is just getting familiar with the system, etc...but it seems from various tweets that McNabb isn't looking all that impressive so far. INTs, missing WRs, balls in the dirt. Hmm.

You guys have to keep in mind. Defense should be alot easier to mesh together. As well as these guys are jumping routes. There's no game pressure. In a real game situation, these guys wouldn't chance it.

Also, DM5 still has to get used to his receivers and build rapport. Hopefully they'll get on the same page and see where A. He likes to place the ball and B. Where they like it placed.

What receiver does he have?

You guys have to keep in mind. Defense should be alot easier to mesh together. As well as these guys are jumping routes. There's no game pressure. In a real game situation, these guys wouldn't chance it.

Also, DM5 still has to get used to his receivers and build rapport. Hopefully they'll get on the same page and see where A. He likes to place the ball and B. Where they like it placed.

May be a bit premature to start judging.

Lorenzo Alexander has a different take, "and I'm glad I'm gettin' all those reps playing against a guy like ... Donovan McNabb, who's putting those balls in great places."

One lineman's perspective doesn't change the reality of him being picked off by throwing too short or balls in the grass.

I understand that he has to get his timing down and that maybe the defense has an advantage like Manny said, but this is McNabb that we're talking about. There shouldn't be that many "Ummmm?" throws as there should be amazement at what he is doing as compared to Campbell.

I would be very interested to see what would happen if we went into training camp with Portis, Johnson, Parker, and Westbrook.

I would assume Westbrook would be a lock to make the team with his comfort level with McNabb but who knows really.

If we pick up Westbrook, then Parker is the one most likely to go. Portis is going to stay because he is the incumbent and he's familiar with Shanahan and his system, not to mention he's the best pass blocking RB we have. LJ will stay because he's showing that he's still got a lot of tread on his tires and he's the bruiser goal line back we'll need. Westbrook will stay because he's familiar with McNabb and he's the best pass catching back we'd have.

Parker's the odd man out.

Archived