Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OTA Tweets - 5/26/2010

santana_4_prez

RichNewOrleansHeadshot_normal.jpg Rich_Campbell

I'm at #Redskins Park about to go watch OTA practice. Perhaps we'll hear from Santana Moss today. Stay tuned...

redskinsblog

Carlos Rogers explains to me how a daily drill demonstrates the new tempo and philosophy at #Redskins OTAs. http://is.gd/cpZCa #NFL

RedskinsDotCom

Another Sign Of The New Tempo At OTAs: Tempo: it's something that's been mentioned a lot at the min... http://bit.ly/doQQfI #RedskinsBlog

redskinsblog

McNabb pass bounces off Portis's hands; Casey Rabach tries to start a "stone hands" chant.

redskinsblog

With P Josh Bidwell not present, Chris Cooley is holding for some FGs. (Other kickers also doing some holding.)

RedskinsDotCom

OTA update RT @LarryWeisman #Redskins passing game: Doughty picks underthrown pass from McNabb...Deep grab by Galloway (from Grossman).

RickMaese

Santana Moss takes only football questions; Says he discussed Galea situation w/ Shanahan today http://tweetphoto.com/24047566

Rich_Campbell

CP26 on Moss: "It pains me to see anybody go thru anything, esp when it's coming from the media and they don't know what the hell goin on."

Russellmania09

Mike Shanahan wont say much...says he has not heard from the NFL...doesnt seem worried. #Redskins

Rich_Campbell

Shanahan on Moss: "I think when everybody finds out the facts, he'll be OK." ...Shanahan does not expect Moss to be suspended.

RickMaese

Santana Moss addressed some teammates last week, told them he received 3 treatments from Galea. Didn't know if he received HGH

RickMaese

Sounds like teammates appreciate that Moss came to them. Doesn't sound like he's lost any locker room support

Russellmania09

SHanahan says KEMO has the biggest head and helmet he has ever seen in the #NFL

Rich_Campbell

Shanahan on whether Moss situation would prompt the team to take a closer look at T.O.: "Nice try." ...he wouldn't say.

Russellmania09

Mike Shanahan would not go for the T.O. Question or bite on Albert Haynesworth. Says Chris Cooley is doing good job holding for kicks in OTA

RickMaese

Shanahan: First time he's seen Cookey nervous was today holding for place-kicker; reg place-holder/ punter not at practice today

redskinsblog

Vonnie Holliday says they want him -- and ALL the D linemen -- to put on weight. "Even the big guys, they want 'em bigger."

LarryWeisman

#Redskins coach Mike Shanahan likes idea of DC S Bowl: "I'd love a Super Bowl here. With (it) being in NY, it does open up an opportunity."

RedskinsDotCom

More from D-lineman Vonnie Holliday: "My role will be defined as we continue on through OTAs...I feel confident I can help in any capacity."

LarryWeisman

#Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said he is not worried about the possibiility of #NFL suspending WR Santana Moss over PED investigation.

RedskinsDotCom

Jim Haslett says that learning nuances of #Redskins new defense will "take time." Some young players still "trying to catch up. It's hard."

RedskinsDotCom

More from Jim Haslett: "If [players] can communicate and they're all on the same page, they have a chance to be pretty good."

Rich_Campbell

Phillip Daniels on Moss' explanation: "He was sincere with it. He was saying, 'Man, if [the doctor] did something crazy, I don’t know.'"

Rich_Campbell

Daniels on Moss: "I really don’t think he needed a doctor or an injection to get back. Santana works [hard] that way."

RedskinsDotCom

Mike Shanahan remains interested in signing Brian Westbrook. "We're still talking. I'm trying to get in good with his brother a little bit."

Rich_Campbell

Daniels on Moss: "I really don’t think he needed a doctor or an injection to get back. Santana works [hard] that way."

Rich_Campbell

Daniels on Moss: "I just hate that he’s got to go through this and be labeled because I know what kind of guy he is."

Russellmania09

#Redskins S. Moss: "Right now, me & Coach Shanahan went over everything. If you have any ??'s about them, you are going to have to ask him."

Russellmania09

#Redskins S Moss on distractions: "I'm good, I am just getting ready for the season. It's football. I ain't worried about all that stuff."

Russellmania09

#Redskins Santana Moss: "Right now, we are just taking it as slow as we can. Im in a rush to be out there w/those guys, but Im not in a ..."

Russellmania09

" .....rush to do anything stupid with my knee." #Redskins Santana Moss continued quote from previous tweet.

Rich_Campbell

Daniels: Moss situation "sends a message to everybody." "Bring [personal doctors] to the facility. Let the guys see what they're doing."

RedskinsDotCom

Mike Shanahan jokes about Maake Kemoeatu's helmet: "I have never seen a helmet that big before. His helmet size is size 13."

RedskinsDotCom

Mike Shanahan turns serious on Maake Kemoeatu, calls him a "prototypical nose tackle." Kemoeatu may return next week from rehab (Achilles).

1:23 pm Coach Mike Shanahan refused to comment on DL Albert Haynesworth's lawsuit from an excotic dancer who claimed Haynesworth impregnated her.

1:19 pm With P Josh Bidwell out, coach Mike Shanahan tried TE Chris Cooley at holder on field goals. "He's got good hands. It's something we'll look at," the coach said.

1:17 pm P Josh Bidwell, LB/DEAndre Carter and S LaRon Landry all had excused absences today.

1:16 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said he's talking to CB Byron Westbrook and trying to get him to convince his brother Brian, a RB, to join the Redskins. "But I don't know if it's working," the coach said.

1:14 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said the Redskins are still talking to free agent RB Brian Westbrook and waiting for him to make a decision.

1:13 pm Coach Mike Shanahan said after talking with WR Santana Moss about hgh link, he's unconcerned and expects "Santana to be vindicated."

12:16 pm WR Joey Galloway got a step on CB Justin Tryon, 13 years his junior, and made a catch. After the play, Tryon playfully bowed in worship.

12:10 pm QB Donovan McNabb doesn't look his sharpest today, struggling to connect with receivers underneath in 11-on-11 drills. He threw an INT deep, too.

12:04 pm WR Brandon Banks , undrafted rookie from Kansas State, is just 5-7 and is auditioning as a kick returner. He appears to have good hands, speed.

11:59 am RBs Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson and Willie Parker are competing, but Johnson appears to be in another gear.

11:58 am In response, DL and LBs are trying to strip every ball while also going for tackles. This wasn't seen much last year.

11:56 am Coach Mike Shanahan had declined to discuss which knee WR Santana Moss had scoped, but judging by the bag of ice Moss is sporting, it's his left knee.

11:54 am RB Larry Johnson's cutbacks are aggressive and fast. Even after play is called dead, he sprints to end zone.

11:53 am With defensive coordinator Jim Haslett placing a high priority on turnovers, he's screaming, "Get the ball!" on every 11-on-11 drill.

11:52 am After working on the side while rehabbing from a knee scope the first minicamp and OTA sessions, WR Santana Moss is on the field.

For recent updates

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/WAS/all_tags/today

A couple late ones...

MrDevinThomas

That heat comin! gotta farmer tan already!

Russellmania09

#Redskins DC Jim Haslett compliment Adam Carriker for going from 298 lbs to 311. Only in the #NFL does that happen!

Russellmania09

#Redskins DC Jim Haslett when asked if he has spoken to Albert Haynesworth "No, I don't" and that ended the group session.

redskinsblog

Chris Cooley talks holding for FGs today. "It's not that hard. You catch it and put it down." http://is.gd/cqn2u #Redskins #NFL

RedskinsDotCom

Chris Cooley Tries His Hand As A Holder: Two days ago, I devoted 700 words to punter Josh Bidwell's... http://bit.ly/cZPz5P #RedskinsBlog

cooleyholds-small.jpg

I like that LJ is in another gear. SO DAMN TIRED of seeing us get stuffed on 3rd or 4th and less than 2 yards. I think Portis, LJ, and WB would be a great trio of RBs heading into the season. Mcnabb already used to his only weapon in Philly back there, and then give him Portis and LJ???? The deep ball to Moss should be open ALL day unless they want to get burned by our running game. Oh the possibilities. If only whats on paper will translate to the field this year for once.

Archived